Membership Application Process

An Endeavor of Dubious Merit upon the High Seas...

Moderator: (MRF) Chief Pirate

Captain Poldark

Membership Application Process

Post by Captain Poldark »

Instead of seeking citizenship, those who wish to join the Maritime Free Republic may, as per the Articles of Governance and Association, apply for Associate Status in the following fashion:

1. Provide a Truthful Account of Particulars and make an Affirmation:
Particulars
Name:
Ship's Captain: (if different to the applicant)
Species:
Free or Servile:
Affirmation
'I, [Insert Name], being of sound body and mind affirm that I am and always have been, a Natural Person enjoying the full dignity of the Human Condition, I affirm that I have never known the indiginity of servile status nor have I been a slave or indentured servant to any man. I have no association with, nor loyalty to, any foe of the Maritime Free Republic. I accept the discipline that I may be subject to at the command of my Captain or the Captain-General in times of War or Peril upon the High Seas and I finally affirm that I shall abide at all times by the Ship's Articles for the whole time that I may be aboard. May Cato burn me upon the ocean if I have sworn false in any regard.'
Ship's Articles (Template)
I. That every man shall obey his commander in all respects, as if the ship was his own, and as if he received monthly wages.

II. That no man shall give, or dispose of, the ship's provisions; but every one shall have an equal share.

III. That no man shall open, or declare to any person or persons, who they are, or what designs they are upon; and any persons so offending shall be punished with immediate death.

IV. That no man shall go on shore till the the Captain gives Leave.

V. That every man shall keep his watch night and day; and at the hour of eight in the evening every one shall retire from gaming and drinking, in order to attend his respective station.

VI. Every person who shall offend against any of these articles shall be punished with death, or in such other manner as the ship's company shall think proper.
2. The Captain-General will advise if your application has been successful or whether you are to be thrown overboard with an anchor attached.

3. The opportunity then presents itself to become a Captain of your own ship and flotilla in the Free Republic's ever expanding mercurial fleet. Again another affirmation would be required:
'I, [Insert Name], having been elected Captain of the Ship XYZ, solemnly promise and affirm that I will bear full allegiance and fealty to the Articles of Association and the Maritime Free Republic, and that I shall at all times do nothing that is injurious to the Associates, their rights and freedoms, and the Law.'
4. This permits one to take your place on the Board of the Admiralty, to help elect the Captain-General and to decide which parts of Micras should be thoroughly ruined next.
Walter Poldark
Captain-General of the Maritime Free Republic [Jingdao]
Reputable Licensed Trader

Joshua St Endellion

Re: Membership Application Process

Post by Joshua St Endellion »

Name: Joshua Kerrick Saint Endellion
Ship's Name: Bohetherick
Ship's Captain: (if different to the applicant)
Species: Human
Free or Servile: Free
'I, Joshua Saint Endellion, being of sound body and mind affirm that I am and always have been, a Natural Person enjoying the full dignity of the Human Condition, I affirm that I have never known the indiginity of servile status nor have I been a slave or indentured servant to any man. I have no association with, nor loyalty to, any foe of the Maritime Free Republic. I accept the discipline that I may be subject to at the command of my Captain or the Captain-General in times of War or Peril upon the High Seas and I finally affirm that I shall abide at all times by the Ship's Articles for the whole time that I may be aboard. May Cato burn me upon the ocean if I have sworn false in any regard.'
Ship's Articles:
I. That every man shall obey his commander in all respects, as if the ship was his own, and as if he received monthly wages.

II. That no man shall give, or dispose of, the ship's provisions; but every one shall have an equal share.

III. That no man shall open, or declare to any person or persons, who they are, or what designs they are upon; and any persons so offending shall be punished with immediate death.

IV. That no man shall go on shore till the the Captain gives Leave.

V. That every man shall keep his watch night and day; and at the hour of eight in the evening every one shall retire from gaming and drinking, in order to attend his respective station.

VI. Every person who shall offend against any of these articles shall be punished with death, or in such other manner as the ship's company shall think proper.
Joshua Saint Endellion
Chancellor of the Bovic Empire of the Natopian Nation

Captain Poldark

Re: Membership Application Process

Post by Captain Poldark »

Came the reply:
A man with a glass eye and scabbed flesh on the right side of his face is waiting by your usual haunt, you'll know him by the rattling of a coin in a tin cup. Go talk to him and check your messages.
Walter Poldark
Captain-General of the Maritime Free Republic [Jingdao]
Reputable Licensed Trader

Return to “Maritime Free Republic”