What a Girl Wants

The Imperial State of Constancia: Benevolent hereditary dictatorship, constitutional monarchy, laissez-faire technocracy, aristocratic corporate state, organized crime family syndicate or liberal autocracy? It depends on the day.

Moderator: (Constancia) Basileus

Primo de Aguilar

What a Girl Wants

Post by Primo de Aguilar »

Imperial Constancian Consulate-General
Punta Santiago

The Imperial Constancian Consulate-General presents its compliments to His Serene and Eminent Imperial Highness, Our Autokrator, The Prince of Molivadia, and has the honor to invite their attention to the following hand-delivered missive.

The Imperial Constancian Consulate-General avails itself of the opportunity of assuring the Autokrator of its highest consideration.
Viva, Tío Grande!

Hola, Exclmo. Sr. !

I'm here in P.S.! I'm ok!!! Things have been rough in Stgo., but thank goodness they're better now. Wanted to say hi to you when you were here but your guards don't really listen to what I have to say.

You've always known that I consider you my papa, even though you're not really my papa. He never really got out of that bottle.

I'm here to try my luck at being an artist! They say I have talent, but I have a longggg way to go before mainstream. Been playing at some clubs and bars and I'm getting rave reviews. It's so much fun to be alone in the big city!

Belated congratulations on the wife, and especially so on the kids! Can't wait to see my cousins!!! Rosamund is so cuuuuuuute, and her bro is bound to break hearts soon. You should see their pictures in the magazines they sell here in Alduria, and in Wechua!

Much love and kisses,

Xtina

"Hijo de puta!"

The Autokrator wearily looked up from the pile of State Papers on the purple velvet boxes before him, hid his face in his white-gloved hands, groaned loudly and exhaled.

The invective had alarmed the Silentiarios, the Autokrator's Private Secretary, the very same official in court dress who stood at the side, and who had presented the very same sealed missive. For all matters that were not affecting the State, the Private Chancellery took charge, and this was one of them. The curse was all the more distressing, for while the entire Court knew that the Autokrator was very prone to invective, it was rarely delivered with such passion and volume.

This one had reverberated, so much so that the security detail had hastily radioed an inquiry if the Autokrator had demanded that an offender be shot, forthwith.

After a time, the Autokrator snapped his white-gloved hand three times, which the Silentioarios took as a formal summons, bowing as he approached the Autokratorial presence.

"Prepare four secure calls. First, I need to talk to Pasternak. Next, I need to talk to the Consul-General at Punta Santiago. Third, get me the head of ESB Media. Fourth, I need to speak to President Campos, ten minutes, maximum. Personal business. I need a favor. Then, advise the Princess that I require an audience for tea within the hour. Prepare a confidential decree of naturalization, as well as a diplomatic passport, in the name of Christina Perez Aguilar.

The Silentioarios was surprised to see, a few minutes later, that orders for execution of a few murderer-bandits of the Verde, which had been sitting at the Autokratorial desk for months, were all approved. The signatures and seals were unusually sharp and indented.

The security detail advised the Silentioarios that the Autokrator was unusually irascible for the rest of the week.

Return to “Constancia”