[I&C] Elections for Royal Parliament of 1636

Moderators: (Shireroth) Steward, (Shireroth) Kaiser, (Shireroth) Queen in the North

Verion
Ayn Rand's toyboy

[I&C] Elections for Royal Parliament of 1636

Post by Verion »

In accordance with the Decree of Elections, all visitors and residents of Elwynn can participate in the election of twenty seats of the Royal Parliament of 1636. The election will conclude on the 12th of Hyre in the year 1635.

In order to vote, one must fill in the following form:

Code: Select all

[quote][list]
[*] I am a true and faithful servant of the Lord and I allocate all my twenty votes to the Holy Party of the Divine Icebear.[/list]

[list]
[*] I am a despicable heathen and I waste my votes, or a portion thereof, on another party, namely: (write in the prefered party, and indicate the number of votes you wish to allocate to the party in question).[/list][/quote]
1.Titus Morvayne, Prefect of Shirekeep, Count of the Skyla Islands
2.Eki Aholibamah Verion, Queen in the North
3. Ludovic Verion, Lord of Blackstone and Governor-General of the Iron Company
4. Jeremy Harwinsson Archer, super sleuth

Verion
Ayn Rand's toyboy

Re: Elections for Royal Parliament of 1636

Post by Verion »

• I am a true and faithful servant of the Lord and I allocate all my twenty votes to the Holy Party of the Divine Icebear. [20]
  • I am a despicable heathen and I waste my votes, or a portion thereof, on another party, namely: (write in the prefered party, and indicate the number of votes you wish to allocate to the party in question).

Noor bint Daniyal

Post by Noor bint Daniyal »

• I am a true and faithful servant of the Lord and I allocate all my twenty votes to the Holy Party of the Divine Icebear.
  • I am a despicable heathen and I waste my votes, or a portion thereof, on another party, namely:

Ayreonist Independence Party: 10 votes.
    Elwynnese Workers' Party: 5 votes.
    Nationalist and Humanist Party: 5 votes.
Noor as-Salaam
NOOR AS-SALAAM BINT DANIYAL UMRA SULEIMAN AYREON-KALIRION IBN AL-MAJEED AL-OSMAN BIN SATHRATI AF ETTLINGUM FREYU UMM ZAHIR AL-DIN OF WAFFEL-PAINE
Queen of Goldshire, the Elian Lands, Leng, Elwynn, Amokolia and Uppland

Continuator
"The devil in the details"

Post by Continuator »

I am a true and faithful servant of the Lord and I allocate all my twenty votes to the Holy Party of the Divine Icebear.

I am a despicable heathen and I waste my votes, or a portion thereof, on another party, namely:
  1. Nationalist and Humanist Party: 15 Votes
  2. Ayreonist Independence Party: 5 Votes

Fjorleif

Re: [I&C] Elections for Royal Parliament of 1636

Post by Fjorleif »

I am a true and faithful servant of the Lord and I allocate all my twenty votes to the Holy Party of the Divine Icebear.

I am a despicable heathen and I waste my votes, or a portion thereof, on another party, namely:
  1. Royal Union: 15 Votes
  2. Coalition of Absentian Farmers: 5 Votes
Fjǫrleif Llængjarla of the Houses of Ayreon-Kalirion and of the Descendants of Freyja
High Priestess of the Mackerel Temple
Princess of Elwynn
Princess of Anun
Countess of Northshire, of Arietta, and of the Lady Esther Isles

Yumi

Post by Yumi »

1. Royal Union: 15 Votes
  2. Elfinshi Fury: 5 Votes
Her Royal Highness Jarla Yumi Zotrasdóttir of the House of Kviteseid
Jarla of Gudridsbýur
Lady Secretary of the King's Court

Verion
Ayn Rand's toyboy

Post by Verion »

Voting is now closed. The Election Council has decided not to count the votes of the blue Storish creature because she is not considered Human under divine law. Displaying the grace and virtue of our Lord, the Election Council has accepted the votes of the three other heathens.

The results of the elections for the 1636 Royal Parliament for Illumination and Cimmeria are as follows:

Votes

Holy Party of the Divine Icebear - 20
Nationalist and Humanist Party - 20
Ayreonist Independence Party - 15
Royal Union - 15
Coalition of Absentian Farmers - 5
Elwynnese Workers' Party - 5

Seats

18 of the 20 electable seats have been divided according to the principle of proportional representation. The two largest parties have each received the remaining seat as a bonus.

Holy Party of the Divine Icebear - 6
Nationalist and Humanist Party - 6
Ayreonist Independence Party - 3
Royal Union - 3
Coalition of Absentian Farmers - 1
Elwynnese Workers' Party - 1

Appointed Seats

The four non-electable seats have been allocated to the Holy Party of the Divine Icebear.

Final results

The delegation of Illumination and Cimmeria to the 1636 Royal Parliament is as follows:

Holy Party of the Divine Icebear - 10
Nationalist and Humanist Party - 6
Ayreonist Independence Party - 3
Royal Union - 3
Coalition of Absentian Farmers - 1
Elwynnese Workers' Party - 1

King Noah
"Plow my vulva!"

Post by King Noah »

Jack wrote:Voting is now closed. The Election Council has decided not to count the votes of the blue Storish creature because she is not considered Human under divine law.
Discounting the votes of a Resident of Elwynn based on her race is beyond the pale and you will pay the consequences for your bigotry.
Thorstein Noah Hallbjörns- og Esthersson of the Houses of Waffel-Paine‎‎, of Ayreon-Kalirion, and of the Descendants of Freyja
King of Elwynn
Prince of Natopia
Jarl and Grand Elector of Jorvik

Verion
Ayn Rand's toyboy

Post by Verion »

King Noah wrote:
Jack wrote:Voting is now closed. The Election Council has decided not to count the votes of the blue Storish creature because she is not considered Human under divine law.
Discounting the votes of a Resident of Elwynn based on her race is beyond the pale and you will pay the consequences for your bigotry.
The blue monster was a visitor, she actually resides in Natopia. And as the King of all Elwynnese citizens, you might want to respect the traditional definitions of personhood in this country. Furthermore, the precinct of Illumination and Cimmeria has shown itself to be democratic and free, unlike the current Royal administration.

Continuator
"The devil in the details"

Post by Continuator »

Rather than indulge in talk of bigotry, reprisals or tyranny I would hope that any disagreement regarding the administration of elections can be brought to the Court of Castle Chamber for review.

The elections in Illumination & Cimmeria derive from the Royal Decree of 20 Elroqpinu 1634 and the Decree on Elections issued by the Count of Illumination and Cimmeria in the same year. Those set the criteria for the election and the franchise.

I suspect the Royal Decree of 23 Vixaslaa 1630 would also have some bearing on the matter.

Verion
Ayn Rand's toyboy

Post by Verion »

I think it is frankly shameful that His Majesty dares to insult this democratic exercise by accusing the Election Council of bigotry. It is especially ironic since he himself is governing as an absolute monarch, who doesn't dare to show the same faith in the judgement of the people as our great Count has shown. The facts, however, are clear. The blue creature is not considered a person and is therefore not eligible to vote. I do not think that any further inquiry would be necessary. Of course, the County of Illumination and Cimmeria will cooperate fully if the esteemed judges of the Kingdom would deem otherwise.

Noor bint Daniyal

Gentlemen

I find the dispute serious, and I shall endeavour to look at it. As your Queen, and as a descendant of Ayreon, it is my duty uphold the values of Elwynn.

In the first chapter of the Constitution, it is written:
CHAPTER I
Establishment

1. The Elwynnese Nation establishes a free and sovereign body-politic under the name of Elwynn or the Elwynnese Union.

2. Each and every such man, woman or child sharing affinity or bonds of blood, friendship or law with the Elwynnese Nation, the Lands of the River Elwynn, or with the values of Elwynn, has the divine right of and claim to membership in the Elwynnese Nation in accordance with law.
The Union, being a body-politic or state, is established by the Elwynnese Nation (sec 1). The sovereignty of the Union emanates therefore from the Nation. It's not the other way around. Section 2 defines the Nation.

In tradition, the Nation is also seen as the Union of the Twelve Peoples of Elwynn.

The authorities in the County here refuse to recognise the personhood of Lady Yumi. This is in line with the law of Elwynn under the Coordinated State and the Democratic People's Republic which only gave natural personhood to human beings.

The current constitution, however, says in Ch 3,
11. The government of the Union is instituted for the advancement, protection and security of the people of the Union and not, under any circumstances, the particular advantage of any single individual, set of persons, family, or entity, whether within or without the Union.

12. No entity of the Union may favour or disfavour any individual, set of persons, family, entity or group of entities, because of their views, whether political, irreligious or religious, because of their sentient species, sex, nationality, colour, creed, ethnicity, cultural or social heritage or status, economical status, partner or partners in love (whether the love between hearts or the love between bodies), or because of any other reason that may be related to that which is listed here, for all, without exceptions, are equal before the law, are afforded the equal protection of the law, and enjoy the same obligations under the law.
It is clear that Lady Yumi is sentient, and therefore she possesses personhood by the Constitution.

I believe that the King's opposition should be upheld, and a re-count made.

A reading of the above sections, however, makes me doubt the legality of the Amokolian election as well.

The votes of a set of persons, all women and all belonging to a particular religious denomination, have there been given an overrepresented role in determining the delegates of Amokolia to the Royal Parliament. This seems to me to may be discriminatory towards men and persons not members of that sorority.

Or... maybe everyone could just ignore these mishaps so that we can just get an election, and the new Parliament can make proper election laws, maybe even call for a constitutional convention so that the proper constitutional way of governing may be clarified now that we're moving from absolute to constitutional monarchy?
Noor as-Salaam
NOOR AS-SALAAM BINT DANIYAL UMRA SULEIMAN AYREON-KALIRION IBN AL-MAJEED AL-OSMAN BIN SATHRATI AF ETTLINGUM FREYU UMM ZAHIR AL-DIN OF WAFFEL-PAINE

Verion
Ayn Rand's toyboy

Post by Verion »

If the Court wishes to push this, the Decree on Elections will be repealed and our County will appoint all its seats.

However, I think that the law is just simply wrong. By making it illegal to discriminate against "entities" it simply becomes too vague. In fact, all elections so far have discriminated by only allowing those with the ability to post in Elwynn to vote. This would be a breach of the constitution as well. The Constitution doesn't acually differentiate between visitors and residents of Elwynn, and other persons or entities. This, in fact, makes the entire policy of only allowing certain people to post in Elwynn illegal. I'm very curious as to what the Court has to say about that.

Noor bint Daniyal

I agree that the law to exclude people as an outset is wrong. It would be much better to support a system that excludes people who have done harm..., which seems to be a legal reading to it all.

As long as there's no court case, the election in this county will stand. And I would highly recommend that once the new Parliament convene, we can get started with drafting amendments to the constitution, to better reflect what we, as a Nation, Monarchy and Union, believe.
Noor as-Salaam

Verion
Ayn Rand's toyboy

Post by Verion »

Given the statements by His Majesty, I do think that this matter needs to be settled before Illumination and Cimmeria announce our delegation to the Royal Parliament. So I wish to receive a formal notice from the King that the delegation as had been duly elected will be accepted.

Return to “Illumination”