Results of the Royal Parliament elections in Cape Farewell

The site of pilgrimage and orgiastic excess during the infamous Roqpin summer festival. Keep a cautious eye out for emotionally overwrought Elw as you wander the tundra cliffs, they are liable to tell you of their willingness to bleed for their country - followed by a practical demonstration of the same.

Moderators: (Shireroth) Steward, (Shireroth) Kaiser, (Shireroth) Queen in the North

Noor bint Daniyal

Results of the Royal Parliament elections in Cape Farewell

Post by Noor bint Daniyal »

PRELIMINARY

Cape Farewell has 32 seats to fill.

The county is divided into three constituencies:

North (Andelarion, Caligae and Terror): 15 seats
Central (Amuun Aranui, Rikarðsstaðr and Vatnaminne): 9 seats
South (Michaelion and Karmanjoomrim): 8 seats

Each constituency is contested by parties in proportional representation.

NORTH
AIP, 4 seats (28%)
CPR, 1 seat (4%)
DA, 2 seats (14%)
EWP, 3 seats (19%)
ICE, 1 seat (4%)
N&H, 3 seats (23%)
RU, 1 seat (7%)
Others: 1%

CENTRAL
AIP: 3 seats (35%)
DA: 1 seat (8%)
EWP: 1 seat (17%)
N&H: 3 seats (29%)
RU: 1 seat (6%)

ICE: 4%
CPR: 1%

SOUTH

AIP: 2 seats (22%)
CAB: 1 seat (7%)
DA: 1 seat (11%)
EWP: 1 seat (18%)
ICE: 1 seat (8%)
N&H: 2 seats (29%)

RU: 6%

MAKE-UP OF THE CAPE FAREWELL DELEGATION
AIP: 9
CAB: 1
CPR: 1
DA: 4
EWP: 5
ICE: 2
N&H: 8
RU: 2

OOC MEASURES
So when I did this, I first divided up each Elwynnese people among the bailiwicks of Cape Farewell (based on the Demographics article). Then, I looked at the Political Parties article and decided how each people would be most inclined to vote. For example, Norsemen are somewhat equally divided between EWP and N&H (with a slight preference to N&H). Babkhis were more likely to vote N&H than any other party, but only to a slight majority. Elw were more likely to vote AIP, EWP and N&H (in that order) than any other party. And so on.

The Icebears have a significant presence in Cape Farewell, as indicated by the map by the Church. Add this to the traditional protest-vote of disgruntled Elw voters and the Icebears get a significant representation in the parliamentary delegation.

Given the low population of Froyalaners and Wintergleamers in Cape Farewell, the Royal Union didn't get many votes from its traditional voter base. However, given the activity and flourishment of the government, the party still managed to cross over to other ethnic groups and gain representation in the CF delegation.

The Coalition of Absentian Farmers has gained 1 seat from the southern constituency. This is due to the commercial power that Absentians have in the area (thanks to the Barentszhoeve ranch which developed into a whole reawakening of the local economy). The power of Absentian farmers, financiers and investors has given the CAF a voter base outside the Absentian people, mostly among Elw and Farewellers in Michaelion.
Noor as-Salaam
NOOR AS-SALAAM BINT DANIYAL UMRA SULEIMAN AYREON-KALIRION IBN AL-MAJEED AL-OSMAN BIN SATHRATI AF ETTLINGUM FREYU UMM ZAHIR AL-DIN OF WAFFEL-PAINE
Queen of Goldshire, the Elian Lands, Leng, Elwynn, Amokolia and Uppland

Noor bint Daniyal

Re: Results of the Royal Parliament elections in Cape Farewe

Post by Noor bint Daniyal »

OOC ADDENDUM

So I made a mishap. The parliament sits on May 1st... not April 1st. Stupid of me to have an election more than a year before.

I will amend this topic to reflect elections to the local bailiwick assemblies instead.

God damn it :P

(NOTHING IN THIS THREAD IS VALID ANY MORE)
Noor as-Salaam
NOOR AS-SALAAM BINT DANIYAL UMRA SULEIMAN AYREON-KALIRION IBN AL-MAJEED AL-OSMAN BIN SATHRATI AF ETTLINGUM FREYU UMM ZAHIR AL-DIN OF WAFFEL-PAINE
Queen of Goldshire, the Elian Lands, Leng, Elwynn, Amokolia and Uppland

Continuator
"The devil in the details"

Post by Continuator »

(Keep the results and have the delegates serve as local assemblymen until they depart for the parliamentary session?)

King Noah
"Plow my vulva!"

Post by King Noah »

(Or let the elected delegates make a tour of Cape Farewell to meet and greet their electors to receive petitions concerning the populations wishes as regards promoting Cape Farewell's interests in the Royal Parliament.)
Thorstein Noah Hallbjörns- og Esthersson of the Houses of Waffel-Paine‎‎, of Ayreon-Kalirion, and of the Descendants of Freyja
King of Elwynn
Prince of Natopia
Jarl and Grand Elector of Jorvik

Return to “Cape Farewell”