Letter to the Duchess of Vattnaland

The last vestige of what was once Amokolia's vast mainland kingdom - a mirage of fleeting glory that once stretched all the way to the Batavian lands. The people seethe and dream of what once was.
Noor bint Daniyal

Letter to the Duchess of Vattnaland

Post by Noor bint Daniyal »

To HI&RH the Duchess of Vattnaland
From HIH the Emira of Alalehzamin and Utasia

My Lady, Duchess of Vattnaland,

I am honoured to be writing to you, my Lady, as the first time from one princely governor to another. As two equals, and as governors, in this beautiful and majestic land that Elwynn is, we have a duty to uphold the law and respect the various cultures, histories and traditions that form part of our great Elwynnese union.

The Elwynnese nation is a nation of many peoples, as the Constitution holds, and indeed as is held by the peoples of the nation. The balancing between the rights and obligations among these peoples, never affording any one preferential or detrimental treatment, either as a group or as an individual, is a cornerstone in our constitutional order. It is the foundation of Elwynn as a functioning union state.

In that respect, it is troubling that the Amokolian-language placenames have been pruned from the official maps of the principality. The ancient city, and indeed former Amokolian capital, Petersburg, named after the greatest Amokolian kings in history, is no longer that. Malexander, the great city of poets and art, a cultural centre of Amokolian identity is no longer called that either. While Alderbaai remains syntactically the same, the Froyalanization of Amokolia brings concern to Amokolian people all over our union. They are worried that their cultural, linguistic and historical heritage in Elwynn is being sidelined in favour of a new political elite associated with the Prince of Elwynn.

I am sure that you have no desire in eradicating Amokolian native culture. My Lady, you are a strong and wise lady, and I have so much awe for you and the things that you do. I am sure that you will consider these concerns closely, and to alleviate the fears of the Amokolian people. You and I both know that the mere feeling of being sidelined in this our great union is enough to bring about ethnic hostilities. While our union is harmonious, it is fragile. As history shows, ethnic tensions can easily rise.

As I now shall end this letter to you, I wish upon you the blessings of the Lady Elwynn, that the purity of her heart shall embrace you and keep you from her evil twin, Lest, the Lord of Darkness. I pray that also the Sun will bless you and that the Earth shall keep you safe, all your days in your life. In the name of the Lady Elwynn, avatar of Zurvan, I will pray for you and your government, for the people of Amokolia and for the peace of your land.

I have the honour to be, my Lady, your faithful servant,
Noor as-Salaam
NOOR AS-SALAAM BINT DANIYAL UMRA SULEIMAN AYREON-KALIRION IBN AL-MAJEED AL-OSMAN BIN SATHRATI AF ETTLINGUM FREYU UMM ZAHIR AL-DIN OF WAFFEL-PAINE
Queen of Goldshire, the Elian Lands, Leng, Elwynn, Amokolia and Uppland

Fjorleif

Re: Letter to the Duchess of Vattnaland

Post by Fjorleif »

FROM HER IMPERIAL AND ROYAL HIGHNESS THE DUCHESS OF VATTNALAND

TO

TO HER IMPERIAL HIGHNESS THE EMIRA OF ALALEHZAMIN AND UTASIA

A LETTER OF ASSURANCE

Imperial Cousin,

First allow me to thank you for communicating to me the concerns of the Amokolian People and the information on the significance of the place names which were altered in accordance with my wishes.

As it is my sincere wish and desire to be Princely Governoress of all the Amokolians I had absolutely no intention at all to wipe out the culture and heritage of the native population. On the contrary! I sought to bring the place names of the Principality of Amokolia in accordance with the Nordic heritage of the ancient Province of Vattnaland which lands constitute most of the territory of this Far West Princely Precinct.

To alleviate the fears of the native Amokolians I have decided to undo the name changes of the cities of Aldersbaai, Petersburg, and Malexander. I shall also communicate the aforementioned reverts forthwith to my Lord Father the Steward of Elwynn who had included the aforesaid name changes in a claim he had put before the Micronational Cartography Society.

Please find in the Annex to this Letter of Assurances a map with the several reverts. It is the very map that I shall communicate to my Lord Father.

Yours Truly,

Fjǫrleif Hallbjörnsdóttir of the House of the Descendants of Freyja

Annex

Fjǫrleif Llængjarla of the Houses of Ayreon-Kalirion and of the Descendants of Freyja
High Priestess of the Mackerel Temple
Princess of Elwynn
Princess of Anun
Countess of Northshire, of Arietta, and of the Lady Esther Isles

Return to “Vattnaland”