[Iserdia] A Day in the Life of Luix Rakira

The finest butter and whisky you're likely to find anywhere in eastern Benacia.

Moderator: (Shireroth) Queen in the North

Luix Rakira

[Iserdia] A Day in the Life of Luix Rakira

Post by Luix Rakira »

Having completed his votes for the day, Luix took the express train back to Smjorkyr for the weekend.

He had been away from his adopted hometown for many months. After the first month, he made excuses to not return out of embarrassment or the fear of being accused of absentee landlordism. The intensely politicized capital had made him weary of the eternal struggle between the old Elwynnese guard and new Shirerithian leadership. Here, in Smjorkyr, he was among his own people. Of course he considered himself Elwynnese in the nationalistic sense, but he was not Elw. He was not born in this land.

These people, descended from Natopian refugees, were not entirely Natopian or entirely Elw. They spoke Mehl in their homes and among themselves. They practiced the Elw customs and holidays of their northern neighbors. They followed the news out of Eliria and Lindstrom with equal interest.

That was what Luix had been catching up on on the train. He was reading about what the Lindstrom City Chronicle was calling "an afront to history" and the Andiopolis Dispatch was calling "an example of newly enlightened government investing in the future by investigating the past." The Smjorkyr Pennysaver only mentioned it in one paragraph on the back page, "Local Draconians take notice of ancient site in Natopia."

He disembarked at Smjorkyr Station and walked through the small town's even smaller pedestrian mall. The Mall itself was a green space between the Temple and City Hall. He walked in to the temple, unconsciously touching the scar on his face as he crossed the threshold.

He was not a religious man but needed to be immersed in something totally "Natopian." One of the temple's caretakers began to approach him, "Good day, young calf. What humble hospitality may we offer..." The caretaker trailed off when Luix turned his face to reveal the scar. Then the caretaker recognized him. "Traitor, you do not deserve hospitality," then he spit at Luix's feet. "Ludwig Drakire, the Holy Bovic Church curses you still!" Then the man turned abruptly and left. Luix sighed deeply, tugged his sleeve down to make sure his tattoo wasn't visible, took one last look at the warm wooden architecture and silver icons, and then left the temple, passing the caretaker at the door who tapped his foot and made a point to avert his eyes.

On the street, elsewhere in Smjorkyr, and throughout Iserdia, Luix would not have been referred to by his status as traitor to the Natopian state. The people here were not the ones affected by his actions so they do not care. The Temple, however, was staffed by Bovic monks and deacons directly from Natopia or Athlon, where his name really had become a public curse.

He continued down the mall and stopped at one of the few cafes he had actually visited before. The waiter who brought over his coffee recognized him too, "Here's your coffee, Senator. Nice of you to visit for once."

Luix sighed again and drank his coffee alone.
Last edited by Luix Rakira on Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lûix Rakira

Nathan

Elijah Ayreon

Re: A Day in the Life of Luix Rakira

Post by Elijah Ayreon »

(Aww... I feel sorry for calling him a bore)
Elijah Ayreon-Dariolin of Waffle-Paine (no longer with us)

Ric.

Luix Rakira

Re: A Day in the Life of Luix Rakira

Post by Luix Rakira »

(don't feel sorry, I really am boring :p )

Now that I've abandoned my duties to the Union government I've gotten even more glares from the locals. Apparently they took some sort of perverse pride in having one of their own as a Councillor, despite my absenteeism... now Iserdia has no special connection to the Union government. A mother pushing her pram asked me today why it wasn't enough to betray all of Natopia, I had to betray poor Iserdia too?

I can't seem to win these people over... Maybe I'll stop in at that tavern a few blocks over.
Lûix Rakira

Nathan

Return to “Iserdia”