Raspur discussions

The seat of Elwynnese government and hotbed of Republicanism. Often conquered, never subdued for long.

Moderator: (Elwynn) Prince of Elwynn

Elijah Ayreon

Raspur discussions

Post by Elijah Ayreon »

Delegates,

I believe that we should discuss a few issues of importance for the stability of the alliance, of its members and the security of its peoples.

I would like us to then issue agreed minutes or a communiqué on these issues.

Suggestions:

1. Assassinations

The assassinations of senior members of the government of Alexandria and the suicide attack on Leila Alidokht. Response. If Alexandria or Shireroth do trespasses in the pretexts of "justice", what should the RP response be? Any preparations needed?

2. Alexandria-Jingdao crisis

Uh, we all know about this. Is there a statement we wantto make? Any preparations in case of the crisis escalating?

3. Ashkenatzi-Alexandrian propaganda

So they think we're all evil children of Babkha, that we are a political alliance. I would hold that we're not, we're an alliance out of necessity.

Perhaps if the shared minutes could in some point show disagreement, or that some members being dissatisfied with teh common position could issue their own statements.

3. Reaffirmation of the alliance

That it is not a political alliance (show the Protocol provision on non-interference for example). Perhaps set internal guidelines for who can speak forthe organization, and how statements are made. We may be an informal council, but so are Earth's G8 and Bilderberg. Let's make some preparations.

Maybe even keep the forum here/somewhere else for future discussions?

4. Other things to bring up?

The floor is yours!
Elijah Ayreon-Dariolin of Waffle-Paine (no longer with us)

Ric.

Emir of Raspur

Re: Raspur discussions

Post by Emir of Raspur »

1. Assassinations

The assassinations of senior members of the government of Alexandria and the suicide attack on Leila Alidokht. Response. If Alexandria or Shireroth do trespasses in the pretexts of "justice", what should the RP response be? Any preparations needed?

2. Alexandria-Jingdao crisis

Uh, we all know about this. Is there a statement we wantto make? Any preparations in case of the crisis escalating?

3. Ashkenatzi-Alexandrian propaganda

So they think we're all evil children of Babkha, that we are a political alliance. I would hold that we're not, we're an alliance out of necessity.

Perhaps if the shared minutes could in some point show disagreement, or that some members being dissatisfied with teh common position could issue their own statements.

3. Reaffirmation of the alliance

That it is not a political alliance (show the Protocol provision on non-interference for example). Perhaps set internal guidelines for who can speak forthe organization, and how statements are made. We may be an informal council, but so are Earth's G8 and Bilderberg. Let's make some preparations.

Maybe even keep the forum here/somewhere else for future discussions?

4. Other things to bring up?

The floor is yours!
Quoted so I can actually read what was written.

1. No objection to permanently basing the informal council in the Krull Opera House. Excellent amenities.
2. The Hyperborean mind-death cult is trying to ferment a crusade against Babkha and is likely to target fellow Raspur Pact allies in pursuit of that goal. Already Elwynn is being subjected to evangelism of the worst sort. Perhaps the Pact, out of necessity will need to take a stand against Shirerithian revanchism.

Elijah Ayreon

Post by Elijah Ayreon »

That last point is acceptable to Elwynn, of course!

Ric.

Emir of Raspur

Post by Emir of Raspur »

I think I would also like to clarify as part of the meeting that there is in effect an undeclared war going on in the Mahoz/Alkhiva & West Baatharz Regions between Babkha and the Republic of Ashkenatza. It is primarily fought between local security forces and bands of insurgents heading in either direction across the frontier line. The Kingdom of Babkha considers this conflict to pre-exist the Pact and will therefore not seek to invoke articles requesting assistance unless insurgents strike outside of Alkhiva and West Baatharz or it is directly attacked by the regular forces of Ashkenatza.

(Out of Sim the insurgent attacks were an escalation of the political dispute over the territories that have been almost exclusively orchestrated by Aster)

Matt Kovac

Post by Matt Kovac »

I would like to apologize if my statements regarding Valencia either misrepresented or confused our friends in the other RP nations. I am pleased to say that this situation will be soon given a positive ending.

Simon B.E.

Post by Simon B.E. »

Should we debate this points all at the same time in different threads or will we debate them after each other?

Elijah Ayreon

Post by Elijah Ayreon »

I thought a single thread would be best. That way the overall perspective from each delegation can easier be understood.

Ric.

Simon B.E.

Post by Simon B.E. »

In that case, regarding 1: Is there any concrete reason to assume that Alexandria would retaliate the assassination on their politicians? I think it would be unwise to speculate about such things. Also... the issue with Shireroth is a serious one, I would hope both Babkha and Shireroth will publish an inquiry into this matter soon.

Nathan

Post by Nathan »

1. Do we truly know who even did these? (Honestly, I have no idea who's who in all that).

2. If it escalates, and only if Alexandria attacks Jingdao first, then we all must honor the common defense clause of the Pact. A statement to that effect would be fine, perhaps issued in conjunction with or as part of the public minutes of this meeting.

3. Natopia's statement against the conduct of Jingdao was intended to show there was some degree of conflict within the Pact. It makes sense in-character for Natopia to not openly antagonize Alexandria. It gives the Pact more character, shows that it is still open to intrigue and politicking, and not just some mindless mass of Babkhan puppets (which is no fun and only shows the other side's laziness).

4. I think only statements/minutes that are a result of these informal, sporadic meetings should be considered "Raspur Pact policy." Anything else is merely one nation's opinion.
The ghost of Nathan Waffel-Paine

Simon B.E.

Post by Simon B.E. »

Should we still call it a crisis though? I think it is more or less over.

Emir of Raspur

Post by Emir of Raspur »

Well I think the Alexandrians deserve a slap for insisting that they sailed through unopposed but that's not my call - so perhaps not call it a crisis if it has gone dormant for the moment. I for one would endorse a statement supporting Jingdao's sovereignty and full jurisdiction over territorial waters.

Simon B.E.

Post by Simon B.E. »

A statement supporting our sovereignty would be welcomed by us. However, considering the Alexandrian government tried to stop the flotilla, half heartily of course, but still, and considering the toll revenue lost was very very small I don't see enough reason to give Alexandria a slap on the wrist.

Simon B.E.

Post by Simon B.E. »

Another issue, how will we respond when one of our member states attacks a more or less common rival like Alexandria?

Nathan

Post by Nathan »

I think that would depend on the situation. Hopefully before launching a preemptive attack a Raspur Pact nation would seek support first so it knew it wasn't going in alone.
The ghost of Nathan Waffel-Paine

Emir of Raspur

Post by Emir of Raspur »

I feel that there should be two key points:

1. Forewarn members of the Pact; to allow members who feel so inclined the opportunity to join in and to allow those who demur to prepare their carefully crafted neutrality statements.
2. Non-disclosure; No member of the Pact will, on the basis of being forewarned, disclosure the details of the impending attack to the intended target. Raspur Pact obligations should be held as taking precedence over existing treaties with other third parties (particularly Alexandria, Ashkenatza and Shireroth).

Simon B.E.

Post by Simon B.E. »

I agree with both points.

Elijah Ayreon

Post by Elijah Ayreon »

Personally i have grave issues with point 2 given that it can seriously endanger relations betwren an RP state and a third state for a decision that is does not agree to and not bound toby treaty.

Ric.

Matt Kovac

Post by Matt Kovac »

Dear allies,

For years our Monovian compatriots have endured the outrageous and criminal blockade which greatly reduces the quality of life for Ocian Monovians. Not only has this blockade greatly discouraged and hurt the citizens of our nation but it has offended the dignity and memory of our respected Marshal Radchenko's name.

The Federal Executive Council of the Ocian Federation demands that the embargo be lifted within 7 days or the Ocian Defence Forces will launch a unrelenting attack against any and all Alexandrian targets. We ask that the RP members support this stance and provide military support if necessary.

Simon B.E.

Post by Simon B.E. »

The Empire of Jingdao and South Batavia suggests that if the Ocian Federation should launch an attack this attack should be proportionate, so it should be an attack to lift the blockade not total war. Furthermore we wish to know what diplomatic moves the Ocian Federation has made lately to remove the blockade.

Elijah Ayreon

Post by Elijah Ayreon »

I agree with the Kaiming Emperor.

I suggest the following course of action:

-- bringing up the Monovia blockade in the MTO
-- diplomatic communiqués to the non-RP states in Cibola (Hamland, Treisenberg, Stormark) asking them on their view (and assistance).
-- more talks in MTO
-- propaganda (there are no jobs, no food, they're starving the Monovians)

Elwynn will not support a military response unless the above has been tried at first.

Ric.

Return to “City and County of Eliria”