Death of my eldest son

The Duchy of New Aquitane, in the center of northwest Apollonia.

Moderators: (Natopia) Emperor, (Natopia) Chancellor, (Natopia) King of Normark

Jonathan
Gnawing Cannibal

Death of my eldest son

Post by Jonathan »

News have reached me that my eldest son, His Imperial Highness The Lord Ludwig Blutwasser, the Prince of Kujirashi-Walstadt and of Light, Knight of the Holy Lakes, Scion of the King of Kings, has died. While I have not been able to confirm his death, I have no reason to doubt it. His, in turn, eldest son, The Lord Karl has succeeded to the throne of Walstadt.

Prince Ludwig and I had no good relationship. We never had. For reasons neither of us fully understood, we were brought by a strange alliance of the evil and good within the Divine who told us we must be father and son. Dutifully, despite worshipping different aspects of the same Divine, we obeyed and I became his father and he became my son. He never liked me, and I never liked him. But we honoured the Divine in our relationship. And to the Divine shall laud and honour always be given. I pray that my relationship to my grandchildren will be much better.

Now both my sons have died. I will mourn them both, in different ways, but always honouring their memory and their devotion to the Divine. I thank the Divine for my time with Prince Ludwig. It has taught me great things, not only about myself, but also about the world.

I thank you all for your comfort, warmth and prayers during this difficult time.
Prince Jonathan
MIRZA JONATHAN MERLINGSSON AYREON-KALIRION

[spoiler]Emir of Sathrati
Prince of Natopia
Prince among the Lakes
Duke of New Aquitane
Duke of Haven
Count Shishin
Count of Northshire
Count of Arietta
Count of Cape Farewell
Count of Ransenar