Petition: Request for Interpretation

The Empire's supreme judicial court.

Moderators: (Natopia) Emperor, (Natopia) Chancellor, (Natopia) Court of the Noble Fountain

Gwyneth Angus-Moonoak

Petition: Request for Interpretation

Post by Gwyneth Angus-Moonoak »

Your Honours,

It is the duty of the servants of the people, of whom I am a proud member, to secure the well-being, stability, and prosperity of the Natopian Nation. As such servant, I feel obliged to bring to your attention a few lines of the Caprine Code which, in the event specified, may bring uncertainty unless these have previously been addressed. Section 3, Article 7 of the Code reads:
7. During any temporary absence of the Chancellor from the Frenzy or the Imperial Chancellery, or a vacancy in the office of Chancellor, the most senior appointee within the Imperial Chancellery assumes the duties and rights of the Chancellor, insofar as it is practicable to do so and provided that the initial period of absence or vacancy is at least 3 Natopian months (1 week).
To illustrate my point, I must bring Article 4 of the same Section in its entirety to the Court's attention:
4. The Imperial Chancellery has subordinate departments to assist in carrying out executive duties. The Chancellor appoints subordinates to administer the following departments:
4.1 The Ministry of Information, responsible for cartography, the Bureau of Assistance Services, Empire Library, and the Library of Law.
4.2 The Ministry of Security, responsible for immigration, maintaining the List of Protected Persons, emergency service and temporary administration for collapsed Demesnes (16.4).
4.3 The Ministry of Justice, responsible for the Imperial Natopian Constabulary, providing legal advice to the Imperial Government, prosecuting cases, and representing the Imperial Government in courts of law.
4.4 The Ministry of the Exchequer, responsible for the census, the Imperial Bank of the Natopian Nation, and the economy.
4.5 The Ministry of Culture, responsible for safeguarding and supporting the unique Natopian culture, heritage and customs.
I respectfully submit this Request for Interpretation of the words "most senior appointee", which are part of Article 7. To re-phrase that, my question to the Court is to rule who would be the person to be entitled to become, either permanently or temporarily, Chancellor in the event specified in the quoted lines of the Code?

Respectfully yours,
Her Imperial Highness, Gwyneth Angus-Moonoak of Waffel-Paine DBH
Former Vicereine of the Natopian Nation, Princess of Natopia, Lady Triumphant in All Four Quarters, Dame of the Black Hole, Former Crown Duchess of the Marches and the Princely Isle, Countess of Pavleton

Ivo Angus

Re: Petition: Request for Interpretation

Post by Ivo Angus »

Your Imperial and Bovic Highness,

the Court will now address this petition and announce its findings in due course.

Gwyneth Angus-Moonoak

Post by Gwyneth Angus-Moonoak »

I respectfully withdraw this request, Your Honour.
Her Imperial Highness, Gwyneth Angus-Moonoak of Waffel-Paine DBH
Former Vicereine of the Natopian Nation, Princess of Natopia, Lady Triumphant in All Four Quarters, Dame of the Black Hole, Former Crown Duchess of the Marches and the Princely Isle, Countess of Pavleton

Ivo Angus

Post by Ivo Angus »

Duly noted.

Return to “Court of the Noble Fountain”