[Lindstrom Airfield] Arrival of the Batavian King

The Free and Imperial City of Lindström is the capital region of the Natopian empire.

Moderators: (Natopia) Emperor, (Natopia) Chancellor

Nathan II

[Lindstrom Airfield] Arrival of the Batavian King

Post by Nathan II »

It was a beautiful sunny day in Lindstrom. The Emperor and his foreign secretary had just watched the Batavian plane carrying the king and queen land at Lindstrom Naval Airfield. The plane taxied to the dignitaries, reporters, staff, and huge crowd waiting to receive the king and queen and a stairway was moved to the plane. After a few minutes, the king and queen emerged from the plane, to a roaring crowd. Queen Clara had been immensely popular during her tenure as Chancellor, and King Arkadius had stolen the hearts of many Natopians during his courtship of her. The royal couple was quite popular as it was clear they were close to the Natopian emperor and represented a newly forming special relationship between Batavia and Natopia.

Arkadius and Clara descended from the plane, and Nathan extended his hand to Arkadius and formally greeted him and welcomed him to Natopia. He broke protocol and gave his sister a huge hug, then shook her hand and welcomed her formally as well. Nathan gestured to a line of assembled Natopian Navy Marines who shot off a 21-gun salute for the King and Queen.

An orange carpet had been unrolled from the plane to a waiting limousine, and the Natopian Army Band played the Batavian anthem as they walked. The next stop would be Vista de Nada, for the King to inspect the Emperor's Satyric Guard.
His Most Bovic Majesty, Nathan II,
Emperor of the Natopians

Ernesto de la Cruz

Re: [Lindstrom Airfield] Arrival of the Batavian King

Post by Ernesto de la Cruz »

The Chancellor joined the Emperor and the coterie of Natopian officials present at the arrival of the Batavian King. He was joined by his wife and children. Ernesto was happy to see Clara, someone he respected and cared for deeply, considering that her endorsement for Chancellor is highly likely to be the event that sealed his own election for Chancellor.

In attendance as part of the Natopian coterie of nobles and officials were Prince Janus of Neridia and Francis Joseph IV, the Count of New Alexandria and Titular Emperor of the Alexandrians.
Ernesto de la Cruz
Chancellor of the Bovic Empire of the Natopian Nation
Member of the Frenzy
Most Serene Union of Demesnes, Natopia
Lord High Steward and First Secretary of the Most Serene Government (1663-1668)
Dos Gardenias, New Alexandria

(Member of the Central Committee of Edgards.)

Hendrik des Vinandy
King of Batavia

Re: [Lindstrom Airfield] Arrival of the Batavian King

Post by Hendrik des Vinandy »

Clara in particular was looking forward to the state visit to Natopia. Arkadius had long noticed her nervousness and was patient with that. He still thought "you can get a woman out of her country, but never her country out of her." The opposition in Batavia may not be so happy with a Natopian princess, now a queen, but she was warmly welcomed. In the plane, Clara regularly looked out the window to see if the almost endless blue sea would stop and Natopia would appear.

The pilot reported that Natopian fighter jets were arriving to accompany the Royal Aircraft to Lindstrom. Arkadius completed his telephone conversation with the Prime Minister of Batavia and sat down next to his wife. "We are almost there," he told her. "Yes, I know that," Clara said enthusiastically. "Forgive me if I am too happy to go to my native country." Arkadius interrupted her quickly and said: “No, my wife. I fully understand this, I know the feeling. When I still lived in Schaarlecht, I longed for Batavia. And when I went there, I became king not much later. It can happen." Clara laughed.

Arkadius was happy to see that they were received by a noble entourage. And he had to smile when the emperor of Natopia embraced his sister. The king was completely surprised when the Natopian Army Band, in addition to the Batavian national anthem, also played the Song of Vinandy.
Hendrik Leopold des Vinandy, Koning van Batavië, Prins van Vinandy, Aartshertog van 's Koningenwaarde, Hertog van Gasconje, Graaf van Bourbon, Graaf van Dasburgh, Graaf van Girond, Graaf van Maconvale, Baron van Ammerswoude en bij de Loet, Baron van Bergkirche, Baron van Heydelberg, Heer van Audinghen, Heer van Paravel

Return to “Lindström City”