On the Succession to the Throne

Moderators: (Natopia) Emperor, (Natopia) Chancellor, (Natopia) Speaker of the Frenzy

Kaiseress Noor

On the Succession to the Throne

Post by Kaiseress Noor »

My Lords,

We have been gathered here under the most grievous of circumstances. Our empress has been slain in a most hideous way.

Our sorrow aside, it is our duty to secure the succession to the throne.

The Caprine Code states:
The Emperor must have an Instrument of Succession in effect during their reign. In the event of the demise of the throne, the first person in the order of succession who is both willing and able becomes Emperor.
The current line of succession is that Prince Nathan as number 1, Prince Vidar as number 2, and Prince Zakyyr as number 3.

It is obvious that Prince Nathan is not able to be Emperor. He is far too young to either will it or be able to be it. The same goes for my grandson, Prince Vidar. Accordingly, it is my belief that the rightful successor to the Caprine Throne is Prince Zakyyr.

We should acclaim him such, with the proviso that he solemnly promises to keep the current order of succession intact (his place in it excepting).
NOOR
Kaiseress of Shireroth

Kyle Kilynn

Re: On the Succession to the Throne

Post by Kyle Kilynn »

Lords and Ladies of the Frenzy,
Lord Chancellor,
Mister Speaker,

I applaud the Kaiseress for placing nation over blood and recognizing that Prince Vidar cannot rise to claim the Caprine Throne. I disagree however, that age has anything to do with ability. My son is the clear and present Emperor. I am his father, and sole legal guardian, and therefore act for him in all legal matters. Therefore, although my son is only 3, I am of sound legal status to act in his stead as his Viceroy.
Kyle Kilynn of Waffel-Paine
Duke of New Dracoheim, Count-Elector in the Most Serene Union, Count of Ynnraile
Nathan

Gwyneth Angus-Moonoak

Post by Gwyneth Angus-Moonoak »

I applaud the Kaiseress for her statement, and join her in two things above everything else: our shared grief and sorrow for the late Empress Asara, who shall be remembered for her strong will as well as her soft heart. And also for totally condemning the murderous and heartless killer who committed this crime.

As she has rightly pointed out, the Caprine Code is quite clear on the laws of succession. She has rightly recognised that my son is the first in line to satisfy this Frenzy's will when it legislated on the matter, and I thank her for the statesmanhood that she has shown in doing so. I must voice my total disapproval of Kyle's actions, which are not only dishonourable but illegal, to claim the title of Viceroy and to attempt subverting the law of the land. If we allow ourselves to encourage such behaviour, then the days of this Empire, built and preserved by Asara herself, are counted on a hand's fingers!

Zakyyr is the rightful Emperor and as the noble Frenzymen and women have already seen, he has proved capable of governing and ruling in the name of his people.
Her Imperial Highness, Gwyneth Angus-Moonoak of Waffel-Paine DBH
Former Vicereine of the Natopian Nation, Princess of Natopia, Lady Triumphant in All Four Quarters, Dame of the Black Hole, Former Crown Duchess of the Marches and the Princely Isle, Countess of Pavleton

Isabella Kalirion

Post by Isabella Kalirion »

Lord Chancellor,
Mister Speaker,
Honoured Lords of the Frenzy,

Let us defer this matter, while it is undoubtedly important, to its proper time, after we have recovered the body of the Empress and visited appropriate retribution upon Walstadt and its errant leader.
Patroness of Kalir
Elder of the Simrani branch of the House of Ayreon-Kalirion
| Countess of Amity, Mirioth and So-Sara

House Meir

Post by House Meir »

Lords and Ladies of the Frenzy,
Mister Speaker,

I intend to state clearly and for the record that as Imperial Chancellor, I shall remain impartial and unaffiliated so that my record of loyal service to the Crown and country cannot be impugned.

But I must say clearly that this is a nation of laws. The laws must be followed here. I implore all sides to drop their ambitions and unite to fight the evil assassin of the Empress Asara and return Walstadt to order and peace within our Empire.

Let us first unite to fight the Evil Murderer and restore order, and then we will find a suitable settlement for this crisis of succession.

I yield.
HOUSE MEIR OF NATOPIA
Thalassa, Natopia
(until Feb. 3, 2019) Chancellor Benjamin Meir, Count of Frenzyville
(after Feb. 3, 2019) Maria Meir, Countess of Frenzyville

Kaiseress Noor

Post by Kaiseress Noor »

Mr Speaker

How can the Chancellor be neutral? He is our chief executive – how can he be neutral when our empire faces an unprecedented constitutional crisis?

Our empress has been kidnapped and murdered. Walstadt is in open rebellion (yet again). There are several claims for succession. And the only person in charge declares himself neutral?

That is a disgrace. A leader should show leadership, not cowardice. Only through leadership can we move on from these terrible times.

I call for leadership, Mr Speaker.
NOOR
Kaiseress of Shireroth

House Meir

Post by House Meir »

With all due respect, Your Majesty, the real cowardice here is the one inflicted by you, in allowing your feelings dictate the return of your Evil Murderous Spawn to Natopia that ended the life of our Empress and has resulted in an insurrection!

With Bous as my witness, you rest assured that we will clean up your mess - but we cannot allow a dynastic battle destroy our unity! That is why, while there is an insurrection in Walstadt, I will remain devoted to prosecuting the war, and working for victory. That will require that I do not get involve in this battle just yet.

I didn't make this mess - you did. But by Bous, we will clean it!
HOUSE MEIR OF NATOPIA
Thalassa, Natopia
(until Feb. 3, 2019) Chancellor Benjamin Meir, Count of Frenzyville
(after Feb. 3, 2019) Maria Meir, Countess of Frenzyville

Kyle Kilynn

Post by Kyle Kilynn »

Hear, hear Lord Chancellor!

The Chancellor is correct in his attitude of neutrality in regard to the succession. The internal affairs and civil service of the Empire remains in the capable hands of Chancellor Meir, his duties are to the Frenzy, laws, and people of Natopia. What can the Chancellor do now, lest he be seen as putting his fingers on the scale to favor someone? The Chancellor has only called for national unity in exacting justice for my slain wife, that is true leadership.
Kyle Kilynn of Waffel-Paine
Duke of New Dracoheim, Count-Elector in the Most Serene Union, Count of Ynnraile
Nathan

Return to “Frenzy Archives”