[Letter] Visit to Flaventia

The dynastic lands of the Waffel-Paine family.

Moderators: (Natopia) Emperor, (Natopia) Chancellor, (Natopia) Faro of Flaventia

Ivo Angus

[Letter] Visit to Flaventia

Post by Ivo Angus »

TO: His Majesty the King of Flaventia
FROM: Their Ducal Highnesses the Duke and Duchess of Klaasiya

Your Majesty,
We are most grateful to share with you the thoughts of the Klaasiyan people that our demesne has achieved considerable progress in the last year. This has undoubtedly been the result of the loyalty and dedication of those who help us, but most importantly of your support and care for ourselves during this time.

As business is silently moving towards ordinary daily routine, we have hoped to be able to visit you in Flaventia for a few peaceful and enjoyable days. This time, for the first time as Crown Duke and Crown Duchess. Lastly, since the Duchess cares strongly about Pavleton, she has asked whether it would also be possible to spend a day or two in her county.

Yours truly and loyally,

Naian the Evergreen

Re: [Letter] Visit to Flaventia

Post by Naian the Evergreen »

~ From the Desk of the Faro ~

Uncle Ivo and Aunt Gwenyth,

I would be so happy for you to come visit me in Flaventia. I'm certain the residents of Pavleton would be delighted to see their Count and Countess. You two are actually quite the celebrities there; you're ascension to royalty and national prominence has allowed the Pavletonians to bask in your reflected limelight, so to speak. All three of us should also visit Moonoak Thicket growing steadily under the Guinevere Dome, on Tarsica, as the Hazel colonists there wish to reconnect with my aunt and I and meet you, who have sired the youngest Moonoak, my nephew. I've been instructed and advised by the Jaesican Order, as the Arch-Druid of the Hazel, to give you and Zakyyr a special blessing from the Tree Spirits.

Yours,
Naian
Naian

Nathan

Ivo Angus

Post by Ivo Angus »

Within the next few days the Duke and Duchess got themselves prepared for the visit and headed off to the airport. The journey was a short one and the Duchess was able to spot many notable dwellings in Flaventia she knows. It all reminded of her earlier life, her younger years and her childhood. It was a very exceptional journey for Ivo and Gwyneth as it was the first time Ivo visited Flaventia. His wife used the opportunity to tell him stories they had somehow never been able to share before...

Almost a moment later, they were on the steps of the Palace greeted by local nobles, some of whom Gwyneth remembered by name while for others she only had that strange feeling one has when meeting someone for the second time in life. Then, they entered the throne room where the Faro was waiting. Gwyneth jumped quickly onto him and Naian almost failed to catch her with his hands, presumably he looked a bit unprepared for that kind and rather unusual "hello". Well, he was her little nephew, so he must expect it. The Duke and the Faro kept the welcoming protocol in tact with traditions, although one could not miss the fact that both seemed truly happy to meet each other, yet alone in this special unofficial occasion they had so rarely enjoyed.

Ivo and Gwyneth then stood aside to allow two little, kids pages to enter the hall. With a voice of a 10 to 12 year olds trying to sound with as much authority and pleasure as it was possible for them, they said "Your Majesty, on behalf of their ducal highnesses, the Duke and Duchess of Klaasiya, we present you the Moon!". They revealed a small box with a ring inside:

"Your Majesty, the Duke and Duchess present you with this most ous..outs.. [outstanding, the Duchess helped them] jewelry, wishing you and your people the blessing of the Sky, of the Moon and of Baus!" the two then bowed as they came closer to present the stone to the Faro of Flaventia.

Naian the Evergreen

Post by Naian the Evergreen »

Naian accepted the ring, slipped it on, and shook the young boy's hand and bowed to the young girl, they both giggled. He turned to the Duke and Duchess, "My thanks for this impressive gift aunt and uncle, it will forever remain part of the Dynastic Collection as a symbol of Flaventia."

"Tonight we will dine and be entertained here in Haas House, the Royal Palace of Ziegeland, before leaving Anmutstadt tomorrow morning to visit Pavleton. I've prepared a special meal tonight of root stew, wild chives salad, and honey fungus for dessert... it glows!"

Gwyneth's eyes lit up, "Oh Naian, I haven't had a good root stew since I left Oakham."

"I haven't either, so I flew in one of Oakham's best chefs to make us Hazel food. As you know, I spent my early years outside of Hazel culture, at the Oakham Foundlings Home, so I find eating Hazel food helps me connect better with my people."

Ivo's eyes narrowed at the menu, Naian noticed and laughed, "Don't worry uncle, it took me awhile to acquire the taste for Hazel cuisine too, it's very earthy, mostly about texture, not about the taste. We'll also have roasted hare for the main course. A delicacy for my people, at least that's what my chef says."

"Oh hare is delicious, a special treat indeed! We would have roasted hare for very special occasions, usually after a Planting," she whispered to Ivo, "essentially a funeral."

Naian shuddered at the memory of the Planting her attended, and cleared his throat, "After dinner we will be treated to a performance by the Royal Ziegish Troupe, one of the oldest touring group of actors on Yellow Island. They will be performing a classic Natopian play, 'Monkey Wrench,' it's a formative work in Natopian literature.
Naian

Nathan

Ivo Angus

Post by Ivo Angus »

At first, Ivo was curious to have a look at the traditional Hazel food Naian had promised, but after doing it ... well, he was less than optimistic about the taste of it. Thankfully, Gwyneth and Naian were encouraging enough and in the end Ivo got used to this special cuisine. By contrast, Gwyneth enjoyed this most delicious dinner to the full!

Naian and his aunt talked mostly about Flaventia and they had an excuse to recall all those beautiful and peaceful years of their childhood - those were stories Ivo had rarely, if ever, heard. It was so much of a relaxation for those busy people to stop and reflect on the past.

After the dinner, Naian, Gwyneth and Ivo had a private chit-chat - from the very ordinary things in life such as pet feeding to the national issues of the day, including the recent treaty with Constancia. The three enjoyed each other's company so much that they literally didn't take any notice of the passing hour after hour after hour... nevertheless, at some point in time, all this had to come to an end... Ivo and Gwyneth then returned to their room :geek: *18+ story for another time*

The next morning the couple prepared to leave this wonderful palace and head off to Pavleton. They were silently awaiting for Naian to come back after breakfast since he told them he had "little work to complete" before the journey to the county could start. In the meantime, Gwyneth took the opportunity and persuaded Ivo for a walk in the gardens around the palace.

Return to “Dynastic Incarnation of the Lands of Flaventia”