Statement on the Destruction of the Sacred Glade

The dynastic lands of the Waffel-Paine family.

Moderators: (Natopia) Emperor, (Natopia) Chancellor, (Natopia) Faro of Flaventia

Naian the Evergreen

Statement on the Destruction of the Sacred Glade

Post by Naian the Evergreen »

Published in today's edition of major papers throughout Flaventia including the Tassity Times, Anmutstadt Recorder, Hazelwood Dispatch, Oakham Caller
From the Desk of Naian Loneoak
~ Personal Stationary~

Flaventians,

Please read this letter with a heavy heart, for it is with such a heart that I write it. As you know, the Sacred Glade has been destroyed by a wild fire. The cause of this fire are now known to be entirely natural. It is a tragedy, but it is a tragedy we can work out of. While the Great Hazel Woods will regrow its trees, parts of it will never recover. The spirits that my people worship are gone; they will never return. My people will take solace in the fact that the woods will be preserved as a royal park so that the natural beauty of the woods, once recovered, can be enjoyed by all Flaventians and Natopians.

Sadly, my people now need a new home as our way of life cannot be maintained without the spirits of trees. That is why we have embarked on a monumental plan, Project Guinevere, in order to grow a new forest, on Tarsica. It seems bizarre but we believe in the capability of our space program and the spirit of our people to endure.

With the eventual loss of the Hazel, the Eastern Realm of Flaventia will become severely depopulated. Therefore the United Realms of Flaventia will be restructured once the Hazel move to Tarsica to provide a more balanced and efficient government. Oakham will lose its status as one of the capitals. The Council of the Greater Hazelwoods will be disbanded. The Groves of Cheshunt and lesser Hazelwood will be absorbed into the Kingdom of Ziegeland as duchies. From a practical point of view, the City of Hazelwood will thrive in that more modern and outward-focused kingdom. Oakham is the primary point of contact with Tapfer for this half of Yellow Island so it will always thrive.

The loss of the core of one of our three realms has already fundamentally changed the composition of Flaventia. It will only continue to do so as time go on.

Yours,
Naian

The context of this document is personal correspondence, does not reflect the official policy of Flaventia, and is not legally binding. It is intended to be interpreted as a personal message to one or more individuals.
Naian

Nathan

Return to “Dynastic Incarnation of the Lands of Flaventia”