Forum Moderation Request

Moderator: (Elwynn) Prince of Elwynn

Elijah Ayreon

Re: Appeal of citizenship decisioni

Post by Elijah Ayreon »

Decision of the Court of the Prince
re Naturalization of Rei Miľarna

Rei Miľarna (“the applicant”) applied for naturalization in the Union on 8 February 2013. Her application stated that she was a national or a citizen of Safiria, Natopia, Shireroth, Alexandria, Ashkenatza, Craitland, Gotzborg and St Charlie. The application further stated her intimate association with the Shirerithian citizens Kai Jackson, Amane, Sila, and the Safirian empress Keita the Fifth.

The Chancellor of the Court, Aurangzeb Khan of Vijayanagara al-Osman, rejected the application, while, at the same time, the Councillor for Peace and Kinetics appended a notice of concern over the applicant due to her risk of being a threat to the national security.

The applicant subsequently appealed the rejection of her naturalization to me, the prince, who convened the Council of Eliria to assess the appeal and its merits.

The Council of Eliria met on a special meeting from 8 February to 12 February, during which the appeal was discussed from the points of view of law, national community sanity and past precedents.

I heard submissions from the Chancellor of the Court and the Councillors for Arts and Protocol, Peace and Kinetics, the Proliferation of the Union, the Nations. With the Council unable to give me an unequivocal advice, I asked the Councillors in an individual capacity to make new submissions.

Assessing these, I have considered:

1. the Charter
2. the Elwynnese Nationality Act
3. the status of the applicant as a former Kaiseress of Shireroth
4. the divisive nature of the applicant's politics, policies and rhetoric
5. potential threats to the national security posed by the applicant

The Charter refers to nationality clauses 1, 3, 4, 5, 45 and 47, while only clause 45 mention the acquisition of nationality through naturalization. The applicable parts of this clause reads “The Prince has the power of decree in matters of [...] immigration, border security [...], naturalization of foreigners or in other matters delegated to him by the Senate.”

Nowhere in the Charter is naturalization a right but the spirit of the Charter is such that all things may be heard. See, for example, clause 23 which reads: “Everyone within the Union has right to, without having to purchase it, recourse to the laws for all injuries and wrongs that he or she may have received in person, property or character. The individual enjoys freedom to obtain right and justice freely in conformity with law.”

Section 3 of the Elwynnese Nationality Act states that Elwynnese nationality is acquired by right of claim, conferment by law or naturalization. With the applicant seeking nationality by naturalization, only the applicable parts on naturalization will be taken into consideration, which is Section 6. It reads “Any person may apply to the Court of the Prince for naturalization. Such application shall include what the Court of the Prince finds necessary to process it. The act of naturalization is effected by a recorded decision by the Court of the Prince".

The applicant is a former Kaiseress of Shireroth. Going under the regal name Rei I, the applicant was active in the negotiations between the Court of the Prince and the Mango Court that resulted in the Treaty of Eliria. Failing in the Landsraad, the treaty did however result in an understanding from the applicant over the plights and needs of the free Elwynnese. I am satisfied that this rapport has contributed to her application for naturalization. Like her, I am a former Kaiser from Shireroth who defected to Free Elwynn.

With the applicant’s close alignment with Shireroth, the question of national security had to be taken into consideration. Those assessments will for reasons of national security not be reproduced here.

The applicant is on the other hand a divisive character. Her politics is alien to most of Elwynn, as are her rhetoric and style. When a person is naturalized into the Elwynnese Nation, she becomes a member, a limb of the body-politic, and this must be harmonious and aligned with the spirit of the Nation. On this count, closest advice was sought. The Council noted, however, that over time, the applicant has taken on a more mature style in rhetoric and style. I find that this no longer can be an impediment for a mere effecting of her naturalization. That said, any rise of the applicant to other parts of government would be subject to those authorities’ internal structures.

For these reasons, the appeal of the applicant is accepted and I effect the immediate naturalization of Rei Miľarna.

I have been asked to include the distinct statements of dissent by the Chancellor of the Court and the Councillor for the Nations over this decision. They read:

"It is the opinion of the Chancellor of the Court that any person who renounces their Humanity by professing to be of a fundamentally alien nature cannot be considered a Natural Person and should not be accorded naturalisation."

"It is the opinion of the Councillor for Peace and Kinetics that, given both past and recent events, the applicant is a grave risk to national security, having an exceedingly high potential to become a liability if afforded anything beyond the most basic and lowest-level position of authority."

Given at Eliria 27 Gevraderr 11DA

ELIJAH AYREON
PRINCE OF ELWYNN

Lord Erion

Another subforum request

Post by Lord Erion »

Councillor Rakira, please could you create a private subforum under the Hall of Conciliation for myself and DES Senya to commence treaty negotiations in?

Thanks!
His Imperial Highness Erion of Waffel-Paine,
Prince of Natopia, Prince of Arboria, Duke of New Aquitane, and of the Punkrock Isles, Count of Nerklaa, Count of Augustus, Lord am Baat, Baron Mirkdale, Representative in Frenzy for Arboria, Knight of the Order of the Black Hole, Awardee of the Regent's Medal, MNN.

Elijah Ayreon

Re: Another subforum request

Post by Elijah Ayreon »

If it's only the two of you, wouldn't PM just be easier?
Elijah Ayreon-Dariolin of Waffle-Paine (no longer with us)

Ric.

Luix Rakira

Re: Another subforum request

Post by Luix Rakira »

It can be used in the future for multi-party discussions. (after clearing out old topics of course).

Although PM would insure total privacy.
Lûix Rakira

Nathan

Vilhelm Benkern

Claiming citizenship (conferred)

Post by Vilhelm Benkern »

I would like to ask that my Elwynnese nationality be recognised. Per section 5 of the Act on Elwynnese Nationality, Elwynnese nationality may be recognised by conferment enacted by the Senate. Article 2 of the Act on the Admission of Albion granted all Antican citizens residing in Albion full Elwynnese nationality. According to my posts, the public records of Albion and the last official census of Antica, I was resident there.

Therefore I ask to be clothed in full rights of nationality. I am taking up residence in the Union Territory of Albion. As a separate point I wish to be adorned with the privileges of a Senator who wishes to contribute something to this fine nation, so I would appreciate that being brought to the Senate floor - perhaps as Senator of Woden or Nafticon. I'd also like to hear about any government jobs going: I've got diplomatic legal, commercial and administrative experience.
Vilhelm Benkern DEOMI, Member of the Order of the Dragon, Silver Swan, Red Dragon
Dirigent of Musica, Count of Mar Sara
In Aryasht Prapta Vrteti, former Prince of Aryasht; Zaila Vrteti, Norfolknath
In Elwynn Benjamin Sebasokrator Timothy Quentin Kern, Duke of Raikoth
In Khalypsil Representative of the Wisdom

Jacobus Loki
The plaything of capricious Archons...

Re: Claiming citizenship (conferred)

Post by Jacobus Loki »

Excellent! :Court:
Jacobus Loki

Once and Future King of the Ma'alanje
Prophet of Loki, Wielder of the Sword of Madness

Shireroth sumus. Tempus in parte nostrum est.

Jacobus Loki
The plaything of capricious Archons...

Post by Jacobus Loki »

Your citizenship if confirmed. :Court: :Court:
Jacobus Loki

Once and Future King of the Ma'alanje
Prophet of Loki, Wielder of the Sword of Madness

Shireroth sumus. Tempus in parte nostrum est.

Elijah Ayreon

Post by Elijah Ayreon »

Beautiful!

Ric.

Vilhelm Benkern

I'm pleased and honoured!
Vilhelm Benkern DEOMI, Member of the Order of the Dragon, Silver Swan, Red Dragon

Vilhelm Benkern

Regarding the question of my legal name, it is Benjamin Sebastokrator Timothy Quentin Kern.

Lord Erion

Post by Lord Erion »

Welcome!
Prince of Natopia, Prince of Arboria, Duke of New Aquitane, and of the Punkrock Isles, Count of Nerklaa, Count of Augustus, Lord am Baat, Baron Mirkdale, Representative in Frenzy for Arboria, Knight of the Order of the Black Hole, Awardee of the Regent's Medal, MNN.

Elijah Ayreon

Flags [Bastion and "The Lands" section]

Post by Elijah Ayreon »

So currently we have the flags of Albion, Normark and and Kaikias up under the Lands section.

I think we should add Amokolia's (it's got a new flag), Hurmu and and Tirlar if it has one.

For Elwynn Proper, the Elwynnese Nation flag could be used, while Bastion's flag could be the Union flag:

Ric.

Lord Erion

Re: Flags [Bastion and "The Lands" section]

Post by Lord Erion »

Agreed. Hopefully now that things have settled down somewhat, I can occasionally return to things Tirlan. :)

Lord Erion

Moderator Group Requests

Post by Lord Erion »

Councillor Rakira, following the recent government appointments, please could you amend the following moderator groups:
(Elwynn) Chancellor of the Court: myself
(Elwynn) Councillor for Peace & Kinetics: Orion
(Elwynn) Councillor of the Exchequer: Gilles Melang

Thanks!

Luix Rakira

Re: Moderator Group Requests

Post by Luix Rakira »

The appropriate IDs and keycards have been distributed.
Lûix Rakira

Nathan

Lord Erion

Subforum request

Post by Lord Erion »

Councillor Rakira, please could you create a new subforum for the Hall of Sportingness, with Martin I as moderator?

Lord Erion

Post by Lord Erion »

Senator Rakira, please could you redistribute the appropriate IDs and keycards thus?
(Elwynn) Councillor for Peace & Kinetics: Giles Melang
(Elwynn) Councillor of the Exchequer: Jacobus Loki

Due to his recent emigration, please could you also remove the Emir of Raspur as co-moderator of Albion?

Lord Erion

Senators Keycards

Post by Lord Erion »

Councillor Rakira,

Please would you be so kind as to confirm that keycard access to the Senate is synchronised with the current updated roster of Senators?
http://bastionunion.org/forum/viewtopic ... 469&t=8920

Luix Rakira

Post by Luix Rakira »

Completed.
Lûix Rakira

Nathan

Luix Rakira

Re: Senators Keycards

Post by Luix Rakira »

The credentials have been updated. However, I am unaware of the Bastion accounts of Senators Chris Guilfoyle, Jean Beaumont, Kalinn Ynnterrr, Peter Kelly, and Steka. As a result they are not in the group, but I cannot determine that they have ever uttered a word in the government of the Union either.
Lûix Rakira

Nathan

Return to “Independence Archives”