Forum Moderation Request

Moderator: (Elwynn) Prince of Elwynn

Luix Rakira

Re: Forum Move Request

Post by Luix Rakira »

I was under the impression the Basilica was for market and economic discussions. Posting tenders and advertising services and goods. As such it should be in the "public" sector of the forum. However, an office for the Councillor of Commerce might be prudent if it is a top-level executive ministry.
Lûix Rakira

Nathan

Lord Erion

Post by Lord Erion »

It is, and it would be. However, given the level of economic activity, it would be more efficient to have everything in one subforum for now, and any developments are likely to be focused on official activity for the foreseeable future. :)
His Imperial Highness Erion of Waffel-Paine,
Prince of Natopia, Prince of Arboria, Duke of New Aquitane, and of the Punkrock Isles, Count of Nerklaa, Count of Augustus, Lord am Baat, Baron Mirkdale, Representative in Frenzy for Arboria, Knight of the Order of the Black Hole, Awardee of the Regent's Medal, MNN.

Lord Erion

Re: Subforum Display Requests

Post by Lord Erion »

(My understanding of delegated powers is yes you are, that's the whole point of them).
Well, I agree to go full out for clutter, in the name of easier one-click access to every forum. If we are going to clutter things up, we should at least do it properly and consistently.
Prince of Natopia, Prince of Arboria, Duke of New Aquitane, and of the Punkrock Isles, Count of Nerklaa, Count of Augustus, Lord am Baat, Baron Mirkdale, Representative in Frenzy for Arboria, Knight of the Order of the Black Hole, Awardee of the Regent's Medal, MNN.

Elijah Ayreon

Post by Elijah Ayreon »

Could I suggest that if we want to clutter things up, that we don't need to say who's moderator at every forum?

And I'm not so sure about cluttering up anyway.

Elirian Bazaar could show Basilica

Senate could show Lawbook and the hansard subforums as links (used committees could be under hansard anyway and treaties be under Lawbook)

Under the Court of the Prince (which we should have an intro text for), a subforum could be shown for the Hall of Conciliation or in the into text a link for foreign affairs -- that way we avoid diplomats entering the tourist office.

And the provinces and territories -- do we want ten subforums under Elwynn for example?
Elijah Ayreon-Dariolin of Waffle-Paine (no longer with us)

Ric.

Lord Erion

Post by Lord Erion »

Personally I find listing moderators is useful to keep an eye on who is moderating which subforum, or who shouldn't be, and who is in which moderator group.
For example, I have just spotted that Jess is still listed as a moderator for Amokolia, when he probably shouldn't be as he left several months ago.

Re Bazaar: agree unless Basilica is relocated as per my separate request.
Re Senate: mostly agree, but treaties are not laws so they should be shown at the same level as the Lawbook.
Re Court of the Prince: it's already there!
Re Elwynn Proper: it would only be eight, unless you insist on creating more counties. On the other hand, it might remind people that they are there.

Things that are out of sight are out of mind, plus listing useful links also helps compensate for short or non-existent forum descriptions and a general lack of other embellishments.

Luix Rakira

Post by Luix Rakira »

I'm not sure I can turn mods off myself.

Definitely had to look up "hansard" forums were. :P

The Basilica is already shown. The Senate subforums are now all shown. The Prince's Court already shows the Halls and now has a little blurb with plain language links to the three ministries.

I think the number of Elwynn county forums is fine since it would be easier to keep them than delete them and have everything mushed up :)
Lûix Rakira

Nathan

Luix Rakira

Post by Luix Rakira »

If His Highness has no explicit direction to deny this, I'd be inclined to move and rename the commerce forum to the Court of the Prince so that the Councillor in charge of economic matters may, as he states, do his job more efficiently.
Lûix Rakira

Nathan

Lord Erion

Post by Lord Erion »

Agreed. :)

Rei Milharna

Appeal of citizenship decisioni

Post by Rei Milharna »

Here and now do I, Rei Miľarna, appeal to Ye, the Prince of Elwynn, that the decision of the Chancellor of the Court concering my application for naturalisation as a citizen of Elwynn be overturned.

Elijah Ayreon

Re: Appeal of citizenship decisioni

Post by Elijah Ayreon »

Dear Ms Miľarna

Your appeal has been noted. I shall convene the Council of Eliria to hear its advice and give you as soon as possible a decision. I should stress, however, that there is no concept of "citizen of Elwynn" under Elwynnese law.

Ric.

Emir of Raspur

Re: Union Maps Contest

Post by Emir of Raspur »

By Order of the Court of the Prince - this competition is cancelled.

Emir of Raspur

Re: Union Coat of Arms Contest

Post by Emir of Raspur »

Competition is successfully concluded.

The participants win the innate sense of superior virtue and personal accomplishment that is an inseparable component of living in a free, republican and fundamentally just polity.

Trebles all round.

Orion
Full of shi... err.. stars!

Subforum request

Post by Orion »

Would it be possible to add three subforums to Amokolia (Amokolia Proper, Greater Mishalan, and Leng)? Or would that be making too much clutter?

I'm posting a lot of stuff and realize some things are quickly being buried, whereas I'd like to be able to organize it more.

Elijah Ayreon

Re: Subforum request

Post by Elijah Ayreon »

I don't see it as a problem. Do we have an admin here?

Ric.

Luix Rakira

Post by Luix Rakira »

Got it.
Lûix Rakira

Nathan

Orion

Post by Orion »

Thank you!

Am I able to move posts from the Amokolian index to one of the three subforums?

Elijah Ayreon

Post by Elijah Ayreon »

Try?

Ric.

Orion

Post by Orion »

Yup, it works.

Elijah Ayreon

Post by Elijah Ayreon »

Where is the "like" button when I want it?

Ric.

Luix Rakira

Post by Luix Rakira »

d(^_^)
Lûix Rakira

Nathan

Return to “Independence Archives”