Carwood Barton

Proclamation of Reunion

Post by Carwood Barton »

Chapter 1

Chapter 2

Chapter 3

Chapter 4

Chapter 5

This was his moment - the time he had dreamed of since he began this mission. Carwood Barton stood with a defined and stoic pose. Stoic was a good word. Damn he looked awesome right now.

After he had posed for a very Maverick 27 seconds, Carwood began to climb the stairs to the Senate House. Each footstep was deliberate and had a very well thought out tone. He had planned this. His devilish smirk carried his feelings for all to see - he had planned that too. The way his arms were posed on either side of him showed all that he was a man with a true and good purpose, of course he had planned that.

When Carwood reached the door he used his planned door opening technique; kicking it open. With a resounding battlecry, “KYAI!” Carwood threw his foot into the door with reckless abandon. The doors however, were colossal, and Carwood broke upon the door like water on rock. Broken like his foot.

Carwood was a man. A man’s man, who served his Lord with rugged good looks at all times. It was one of those such times when Carwood had to call upon this strength in order to persevere. Ignoring the pain, Carwood persevered.

Carwood strode like he had planned. His stride needed to evoke a inspired purpose, and that was another thing that he needed to plan beforehand. Naturally the broken foot had thrown a wrench into his plan, but Carwood, being the manly man he was strode forward showing his glorious purpose and direction.

Finally Carwood had reached the senate floor. The speaker of the senate was locked in his sights, and he thrust out with the same stride he had been practicing for the previous several months. Each foot clicked into place like a glorious part of his plan. He fired his arm out to the man like a cannon, and then it all fell to pieces.

Carwood tripped.

Not so much tripped as bumbled over his own feet like a fool, but for the sake of brevity, Carwood tripped. He needed to salvage this. Perhaps a way to put into action Maverick’s Military Methods. YES! Carwood tucked his limbs into a ball and rolled to the speaker in a spectacle of tremendous fighting spirit. He rose to full stature in front of the speaker.

“I have a letter from my lord!”

Allot

Re: Proclamation of Reunion

Post by Allot »

With that, Aaden swept through the doors, flanked by Gregor. The guards rose to stop them. Gregor glared at them: they retreated as only guards with pension schemes can. Gregor grabbed Carwood, who was thoroughly bewildered at being upstaged, and hauled him off to the side. Aaden strode up to Ayeron and bowed.

“Your Lordship,” he said smoothly, “I am so sorry for your loss. I came as soon as I heard.”
Turning to the other guests, he raised his voice: “Excuse me, please? May I have your attention?”. The room grew quiet. And Aaden began to speak:

“I won’t say “my friends”, because I don’t know many of you and I don’t wish to be insincere. Instead, I’ll address my fellow citizens. I’ve spent the majority of my life in a glorified Hyperborean prison because some people were afraid of the awful destruction that I might wreak were I to return here. I don’t have magic powers, and I don’t possess a marauding army or any nuclear devices. I’m not even carrying a gun, which some people might call foolish considering current circumstances.

I only learned of the late Prince’s death, may Elwynn and the Butter Cow rest his soul, today. My heart is rent in two. This ground holds too many men and women who fell needlessly, in the good service of Elwynn. I know this, because I’m related to several of them. Two Dukes of Elwynn preceded me: one met his doom in his office and one vanished from her home.”

He gestured around the room: “A sad reminder that this pattern continues. I won’t shame the memory of His Grace by turning this in a political game, but let me say this: More than any time in recent history Elwynn has the opportunity to take hold of its own destiny. This is a dark time, but we will come out of the darkness and into the light. And with outstretched fingers, we’ll grasp Elwynn’s hand. Thank you for listening. And my name is Aaden Allot”.

[OOC: WHO COULD HAVE EXPECTED THIS? Hey y'all, we're back. This was meant to follow this post but the Senate guards were being obstreperous. Check out Chapters 1 through 5 if you haven't already.]
H.S.H. Aaden Allot
Prince of Elwynn
Senator for Araxion | Chancellor of the People's Academy

Nathan

Post by Nathan »

Ooc : yay!
The ghost of Nathan Waffel-Paine

HM Amane VIII

Post by HM Amane VIII »

OOC: :yay:

Gregor Cutting

Post by Gregor Cutting »

It has been a privilege my lord.

<Cho'Gall
Gregor Brasky-Cutting of the line Dentarg
Chief of Staff to the Allot Administration.
Elwynnese Ambassador to Shireroth.

The dreams of those who've fallen! The hopes of those who'll follow! Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix! Drilling a path towards tomorrow!

Emir of Raspur

Post by Emir of Raspur »

OOC: I was enjoying that little narrative and it is nice to see you around again.

Slightly more IC: Guards!!!

ari
Grim Auxiliator

Post by ari »

OOC: *reads story* ... is there a chapter of this that doesn't end in violence? Anyway, welcome back, here's something to post in if you're so inclined, and damn it is good to see you two again! (where's Leo?)
Lord Furniture
Not even partially responsible for Malarboria; will take the blame for Caverden, though!
Tallest and therefore Greatest of the Janitors
Eternal Watcher of #micronations

Elijah Ayreon

Post by Elijah Ayreon »

:madviking: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:

Welcome back Cho'gall and Allot! It's very good to see you guys again!

/Elijah Ayreon

(aka RicLyon with the many names)
Elijah Ayreon-Dariolin of Waffle-Paine (no longer with us)

Ric.

Lord Erion

Post by Lord Erion »

+100 :yay:
His Imperial Highness Erion of Waffel-Paine,
Prince of Natopia, Prince of Arboria, Duke of New Aquitane, and of the Punkrock Isles, Count of Nerklaa, Count of Augustus, Lord am Baat, Baron Mirkdale, Representative in Frenzy for Arboria, Knight of the Order of the Black Hole, Awardee of the Regent's Medal, MNN.

Prometheus

Post by Prometheus »

ari wrote:(where's Leo?)
You see but you do not observe. :wink:

I'm back. :-D
~Patrick Montiaceae

Gregor Cutting

Post by Gregor Cutting »

Yes, Leo decided to be a rebel and not come along with our plan to write a long narrative involving Agent Barton.

The dreams of those who've fallen! The hopes of those who'll follow! Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix! Drilling a path towards tomorrow!

Prometheus

Post by Prometheus »

Don't mind him, he's being grumpy. :rolleyes:
~Patrick Montiaceae

Elijah Ayreon

Post by Elijah Ayreon »

Dentarg...? do we have those Ohl'tar back now?
Elijah Ayreon-Dariolin of Waffle-Paine (no longer with us)

Ric.

Emir of Raspur

Post by Emir of Raspur »

Elijah Ayreon wrote:Dentarg...? do we have those Ohl'tar back now?
I still have them rated as extinct, and those who go looking for them merely listed in the endangered category.

Gregor Cutting

Post by Gregor Cutting »

Emir of Raspur wrote:
Elijah Ayreon wrote:Dentarg...? do we have those Ohl'tar back now?
I still have them rated as extinct, and those who go looking for them merely listed in the endangered category.
Officially they were written as 'Ascended away' but for the purpose of discussion, yes they're gone.

Return to “Independence Archives”