Secession of Walstadt

Moderator: (Leichenberg) Necrarchs

Max II

Secession of Walstadt

Post by Max II »

The Principality of Walstadt has given notice of its withdrawal from the Empire.

This is in accordance with the Imperial Charter and I would like to wish Prince Ludwig and the people of Walstadt well in their future endeavours. However, in view of the Union of Principalities, I would appreciate some clarification regarding the status of the Principality of Light; does Light wish to remain a constituent state within this association?
Max II
Reigining Emperor of Sangun
King of Steeria and Highfield

Sometime King of Leichenberg

Ludwig von Walstadt

Re: Secession of Walstadt

Post by Ludwig von Walstadt »

The future of the Principality of Light has not been decided on by our imperial overlord in Apollonia. For the time being our status will remain the same. We would welcome the opportunity to provide more information and perhaps open negotiations in private.

Max II

Post by Max II »

Duly noted. If there are on developments or you wish to discuss the matter in more comfortable surroundings, I would invite you to contact me.
Max II

Max II

Post by Max II »

Have there been any more developments in this regard? A revision of the Imperial Charter is already overdue in light of Walstadt's departure and as that does require the assent of all constituent states, the status of Light is a matter of some interest.
Max II

Lothar von Walstadt

Post by Lothar von Walstadt »

The Principality of Light is expected to be absorbed into Walstadt in the near future.

Max II

Post by Max II »

And in so doing, it shall presumably cease to be a member of this empire, correct?
Max II

Lothar von Walstadt

Post by Lothar von Walstadt »

Presumably. I am however uncertain if the decree that seceded Walstadt from Sangun would automatically extended to Light or if a new decree is necessary for Light to be seceded.

Max II

Post by Max II »

I am happy to accept either approach...whatever best fits the applicable laws of that state.
Max II

Return to “Council of Princes”