Proposal: Our Natural Frontiers

Moderator: (Leichenberg) Necrarchs

Max II

Re: Proposal: Our Natural Frontiers

Post by Max II »

I am pleased to inform the Council that the MCS has accepted our claim.

I shall request that my grandfather draw up the legislation necessary to formalise these arrangements at the beginning of the coming week.
Max II
Reigining Emperor of Sangun
King of Steeria and Highfield

Sometime King of Leichenberg

Raz
The Mikado, as played on catgut strings

Post by Raz »

Beer for everyone! :herman: :drunk:

Saohuang

Post by Saohuang »

AKA Shyriath
[spoiler]Image
DY (Dame of the Yoshi, Most Noble Order of the Yoshi, Natopia)[/spoiler]

Saohuang

Post by Saohuang »

Once the matters of land assignment have been settled, incidentally, it may not be a bad idea to contemplate a transcontinental railroad or similar.
AKA Shyriath
[spoiler]Image

Raz

Post by Raz »

We would welcome ferry connections to cities like Moorheim, Walstadt, Hermanburg and Tieya.

Saohuang

Post by Saohuang »

Ferry connections would be an excellent idea in principle, although it might require the use of icebreaker ships on routes rounding Südkap. One wonders if there would be the capability to produce some kind of undead cyborg whale that could keep a sea route clear by ramming its way through...
AKA Shyriath
[spoiler]Image

Raz

Post by Raz »

Our nation has been gaining experience with permanent ice since its Leng days. We currently employ both submarines and icebreakers around the year to avoid Hammish territorial waters. There is no other way to navigate the supply lines from the other islands of Jingdao. We wish to share our knowledge. If our engineers would be allowed access, they might also be able to salvage old Jingdaoese rail equipment in the former Jingdaoese cities of Essen and Hermansburg, or does the Sangunese empire have its own railroad technology?

Saohuang

Post by Saohuang »

A good question. The acquisition of Nordmark in the expansion means we also have access to the ruins of Zaidin; might there be anything useful there?
AKA Shyriath
[spoiler]Image

Raz

Post by Raz »

According to ancient maps, during the Jingdaoese period Zaidin was not connected to the rail system. It was connected to the Cibolan 1 (Arvidsudde - Zaidin - Eisenstadt - Neutreisen) Heavenly Highway.

There should be remains of roads like these:

(numbers are minimum speed limits)

Of course, with South Cibola under the Rossheim dinasty, perhaps the old Jingdaoese dream of a subcontinent-spanning highway can be realized? Our engineers have been ordered to be willing to participate in that project. Useful data might be retrieved from old (encrypted) Jingdaoese terminals which are scattered throughout the west coast.

Saohuang

Post by Saohuang »

(I wish I'd known about the highway map before laying out topography; the Cibolan 1 runs right through where I placed the higher mountains. Tunnels, maybe? =p )

Ah. We had wondered what all the flat stretches of crumbled rock were. Alas, like the canal, it appears that the highways were not maintained during the Hùnluàn Era; a few modern roads have been built in the past few decades, but not on the same scale. Still, we would be willing to support a continental highway as well.
AKA Shyriath
[spoiler]Image

Raz

Post by Raz »

I think it is highly unlikely that there are tunnels. It is quite possible one of those mountains has an artifical pass in it and is slightly irradiated. It is in our nature to blow up mountains which are in our way, we don't waste our time with tunneling. I will send some anti-rad-suits your way.

Max II

Post by Max II »

Some very pertinent questions have been raised here. Perhaps the best way forward is to compare and combine the fruits of our terrain mapping survey with the archaeological work on the former Jingdaoese communication network to see how best to site our communication routes.

[OOC: Before we go any further, it might be an idea to see if we can merge the new terrain maps with the old maps of Jingdao; obviously there will need to be some compromise and retconning, but I would be very surprised if we can't come up something. That will allow us to move forward and start mapping out a new empire-wide transportation grid.]
Max II
Reigining Emperor of Sangun
King of Steeria and Highfield

Sometime King of Leichenberg

Return to “Council of Princes”