The Nordmark Expedition

Moderator: (Leichenberg) Necrarchs

Saohuang

The Nordmark Expedition

Post by Saohuang »

The blessings of Heaven and Earth be upon the august personage of the Emperor!

The Bailiwick of Nordmark - of which Your Majesty did grant me the post of Bailiff - has remained sadly unutilized and unexplored since it was acquired. Although the general state of the Empire has been less than optimal in recent centuries, nonetheless I, as the appointed administrator of Nordmark in Your Majesty's name, bear the responsibility for this particular chunk of it. I have determined to make an effort toward remedying this situation.

Therefore, be advised that I am sending an expedition under the personal direction of my beloved daughter and heir, the Royal Princess Guāngmíng, to map the territory of Nordmark and to bring the light of civilization to its empty wastes.

AKA Shyriath
[spoiler]Image
DY (Dame of the Yoshi, Most Noble Order of the Yoshi, Natopia)[/spoiler]

Saohuang

Re: The Nordmark Expedition

Post by Saohuang »

Royal Princess Guangming wrote:August Emperor, qiángshàn,

Our survey teams have produced a topographic map of Nordmark equivalent in quality to that previously done for other regions of the Empire. Accordingly, I have incorporated their work into the larger map previously produced.

Although the terrain of Nordmark is not dissimilar to that of Tiěyá, it is my pleasure to report that the climate is somewhat... milder, if not much drier (the west coast, indeed, is still quite soggy). With time and development, the region could be made quite productive.

We have also located the site of the ancient Jingdaoese city of Zaidin which was once the local administrative center. We have made the ruins the base of operations for our efforts and, should His Majesty have no objections, I would like to refound the city as a proper settlement.

Your servant,
光明親王
AKA Shyriath
[spoiler]Image
DY (Dame of the Yoshi, Most Noble Order of the Yoshi, Natopia)[/spoiler]

Return to “Treisenberg and the Common Bailiwicks”