Thadeus

A Liechtenstein-themed principality, surrounded by Hamland on all sides in central Keltia.

Moderator: (Craitland) King of Craitland

Yulodion E'nothwocep

Thadeus

Post by Yulodion E'nothwocep »

Thadeus...

Thadeus Laing
Sea Elf, Sea Elf Run

Re: Thadeus

Post by Thadeus Laing »

Ilt Vorgensen wrote:Thadeus...
Yes? What is it? You're banned from Langeways so posting here, obviously?

Yulodion E'nothwocep

The Bulldogs are running loose.

Thadeus Laing
Sea Elf, Sea Elf Run

Post by Thadeus Laing »

Ilt Vorgensen wrote:The Bulldogs are running loose.
Yes, and it appears we've been "joined" into the Bulldogs. Quite a surprise.

What, do you know want to be allowed back into Langeways, and join them too?

Yulodion E'nothwocep

Thadeus Laing wrote:
Ilt Vorgensen wrote:The Bulldogs are running loose.
Yes, and it appears we've been "joined" into the Bulldogs. Quite a surprise.

What, do you know want to be allowed back into Langeways, and join them too?
No, I do not wish to join them. Ergonia is my foremost concern, not legions of Apoll--er, a bunch of bulldogs.

Craitman

Post by Craitman »

As is wont with my reign over Craitland, openness on topics is always offered to anyone who wishes to enquire to myself directly...
Craitman H. Pellegrino, King of Craitland
COH, CrA, GKOC, GKRB, HGH, KHL, KOD, KY, NM, OCC, ONSGK, OSJ, SJSJ, SOB, WSA
Administrator General of the MCS
FMF President
Lord of Humour

Yulodion E'nothwocep

Sorry, I'm not on board with this whole thing. Jingdao can rot.

Craitman

Post by Craitman »

I can appreciate any anti-Jingdaoese sentiment, as I could with individuals' views on many nations. However, the situation in Hamland - one of Craitland's oldest allies, and which New Vaduz directly borders! - has become too severe for us to sit by and not offer our help where possible. Granted, Jingdao and Craitland have no explicit history of coöperation but neither do we have history of malice, but our primary concern in joining the USSO is to work alongside the Gerenians and Passians; two peoples with whom we share strong bonds. Craitland's involvement in the Hammish War is to provide humanitarian relief to the affected peoples of the region and related territories; our alliance to the USSO allows us to perform these duties with a level of protection we would not be afforded were we working independently within what is a very complex zone of warfare.

I am more than happy to explain any further aspects of Craitland's USSO membership that you, or others, find questionable...
FMF President
Lord of Humour

Continuator
"The devil in the details"

Post by Continuator »

A question from Royston V. Periwinkle, Shirekeep Gazette:

"Has joining a military alliance, and in so doing becoming a potential target for that alliance's main adversary, helped or hindered Craitland's desire to render humanitarian aid to the people of Hamland, who now may reject that aid as tainted by Craitland's new friendship with the sponsors of extremist groups such as the Hammish Salvation Front?"

Craitman

Post by Craitman »

That is one aspect of the USSO alliance which I have certainly considered. I would hope that the Hammish people are familiar enough with Craitland's long-standing history with Hamland, and the nature of our two nations' relationship, to be able to form educated opinions on Craitland's involvement in the war and its aims to provide aid. I believe a nation's own track record speaks louder than that of its allies or enemies.

In respect to adversaries, I would like to point to my attendance at the state funeral of Kaiser Dominus a week ago and, as ever, reïterate my stance that diplomacy is the greatest weapon that can be wielded during a conflict. Craitland retains its neutrality and aims to continue to function politically as it ever has during, and after, the war in Hamland, in regards to Micraswide diplomatic relations.
FMF President
Lord of Humour

Yulodion E'nothwocep

I am more than happy to explain any further aspects of Craitland's USSO membership that you, or others, find questionable...
For the time being no longer banned from New Vaduz by pseudo-humanitarian Wil Laing, I suppose I may speak my mind on this matter then...

Ilt rose atop the box placed strategically on the busy main square of New Vaduz, and then began to speak: "It would be my utmost hope, Your Highness, that you remove Craitland from the USSO immediately and return to neutrality. Here are several reasons why. First, while the TREATY OF VOORPOST ( http://bastionunion.org/forum/viewtopic ... 06&t=18959 ) is written in strong yet non-aggressive language, it has enough room for loopholes to, in my opinion, be exploited to create and enforce various things that were not the original intentions of the signatories. Second, Operation Reverse Ferret (described here http://bastionunion.org/forum/viewtopic ... 06&t=18970 ) in the vilest terms lays out actions of aggressiveness towards the Sxiro-Hammish Agricultural Mission, an operation that is dedicated to improving the lot of Hamland's resident. Is it a humiliation to see pallets of dry goods parachuted to starving masses? Is it right to respond to good with pure evil, as the USSO has now done? Clearly the USSO is not interested in humanitarianism but rather in something else...saving itself from humiliation...from the belief that the continent of Apollonia has ever been anything other than its very own.

The largest partner of the USSO is Jingdao. Has not Jingdao been the result of spread of suffering? Was not Kildare under Duke Jacobus Loki one of the most modern and peaceful duchies in all of Shireroth? That same Kildare later trampled underfoot by chariots of rogue centurions like contestants in a coliseum game gone awry? That same Kildare then subjugated by marauding samurai grandees blinding their indentured masses with religious fanaticism, provoking imperialist impetuousness, infatuated with delusion of greater Apollonian grandeur than they already have or deserves? Does Craitland wish to be a part of this? I do hope not, Your Highness, I do hope not.
"

Some in the small crowd which had gathered clapped. Others merely walked away, non-committal.

Continuator
"The devil in the details"

Post by Continuator »

Ilt Vorgensen wrote:"It would be my utmost hope, Your Highness, that you remove Craitland from the USSO immediately and return to neutrality. Here are several reasons why. First, while the TREATY OF VOORPOST ( http://bastionunion.org/forum/viewtopic ... 06&t=18959 ) is written in strong yet non-aggressive language, it has enough room for loopholes to, in my opinion, be exploited to create and enforce various things that were not the original intentions of the signatories. Second, Operation Reverse Ferret (described here http://bastionunion.org/forum/viewtopic ... 06&t=18970 ) in the vilest terms lays out actions of aggressiveness towards the Sxiro-Hammish Agricultural Mission, an operation that is dedicated to improving the lot of Hamland's resident. Is it a humiliation to see pallets of dry goods parachuted to starving masses? Is it right to respond to good with pure evil, as the USSO has now done? Clearly the USSO is not interested in humanitarianism but rather in something else...saving itself from humiliation...from the belief that the continent of Apollonia has ever been anything other than its very own.

The largest partner of the USSO is Jingdao. Has not Jingdao been the result of spread of suffering? Was not Kildare under Duke Jacobus Loki one of the most modern and peaceful duchies in all of Shireroth? That same Kildare later trampled underfoot by chariots of rogue centurions like contestants in a coliseum game gone awry? That same Kildare then subjugated by marauding samurai grandees blinding their indentured masses with religious fanaticism, provoking imperialist impetuousness, infatuated with delusion of greater Apollonian grandeur than they already have or deserves? Does Craitland wish to be a part of this? I do hope not, Your Highness, I do hope not.
"
A speech by Mr Vorgensen, given in New Vaduz, and carefully recorded by the Shirekeep Gazette's Keltia Correspondent, Royston Vasey Periwinkle, who happened to be present in the crowd, was transmitted back to Shirekeep. The editor liked what he saw, and by the evening edition selected quotes formed a part of a prominent front-page article, which was being passed around and commented upon with approval in the highest echelons of the Imperial Government.

Yulodion E'nothwocep

Thadeus, the Labradors are coming back.

Thadeus Laing
Sea Elf, Sea Elf Run

Post by Thadeus Laing »

Ilt Vorgensen wrote:Thadeus, the Labradors are coming back.
Only 2/3rds of them though. But I see you've clearly joined them.

Yulodion E'nothwocep

Thadeus Laing wrote:
Indeed, I have. If the rest of the Labradors join in to fight the Bulldogs, then we shall triumph!

Thadeus Laing
Sea Elf, Sea Elf Run

Post by Thadeus Laing »

Ilt Vorgensen wrote:
Thadeus Laing wrote:
Indeed, I have. If the rest of the Labradors join in to fight the Bulldogs, then we shall triumph!
They won't though. Because they have quibbles with part of their Agreement. Mainly the economic requirements.

Yulodion E'nothwocep

Thadeus Laing wrote:
Ilt Vorgensen wrote:
Thadeus Laing wrote:
They won't though. Because they have quibbles with part of their Agreement. Mainly the economic requirements.
That is where you come in. You could convince them. You could bring the rest of the Labradors into the fight. You could promise them great rewards when it is all over.

Thadeus Laing
Sea Elf, Sea Elf Run

Post by Thadeus Laing »

Ilt Vorgensen wrote:
Thadeus Laing wrote:
Ilt Vorgensen wrote:
Thadeus Laing wrote:
That is where you come in. You could convince them. You could bring the rest of the Labradors into the fight. You could promise them great rewards when it is all over.
I do not support your endeavors, Yraite--as I said before. It would take much for me to change my mind. So get out, I say, get out! You are hereby forbidden from visiting Langeways. Be gone! :posh:

Thadeus swished the cane in the air and beckoned for a burly bodyguard, of evident Jingdao extraction, who promptly and brusquely led Yraite out of the room and out onto the courtyard, where they exchanged words before Yraite spat on the ground and kicked over some chairs, after which he knocked the hood ornament off of his Langelier sedan, hopped in, tuned up his favourite rock station and sped off at excessive speeds and without regard for traffic regulations/

Return to “New Vaduz”