A Gift

Moderators: (Natopia) Emperor, (Natopia) Chancellor, (Natopia) King of Normark

Continuator
"The devil in the details"

A Gift

Post by Continuator »

Lord Adam,

Congratulations on taking possession of Walstadt. You may find the serfs a trifle trying, seeing as they were previously conditioned to the uncritical obedience of your somewhat flawed predecessor. To keep you amused, please find, delivered with the bearer of this message, a crossbow for your perusal. It may be a few years yet before you are able to draw and operate it yourself, but your tutor should be able to show you how it works and use it as you direct.

I often find that time spent with the crossbow is an ideal opportunity to reflect on the world and be at peace with ones self. I also find it quite a useful aid when negotiating wage settlements. It is quite remarkable, the effect that a crossbow quarrel can have when it comes to resolving otherwise disagreeable and intractable disputes.

Please be assured of my continued regard.

Adam

Re: A Gift

Post by Adam »

Dear Uncle Thorgils

Thank you so much for your lovely gift. I've already practised my aim on penguins while Mr Hayazawa held it. It was fun. When I get older, I might swap penguins for Mr Hayazawa himself, just as you said. It'll be a good way to keep my power. He's annoying. But I'll get over it. Mr Hayazawa will be nicer in the future. I know it.

I will see you soon when I come back to Goldshire. Camp with me in Cape Farewell next Roqpin?

Kind regards

Adam
Adam Anushiruwân

[spoiler]RIC[/spoiler]

Return to “Principality of Whales”