The Great Awakening

Moderator: (Elwynn) Prince of Elwynn

Verion
Ayn Rand's toyboy

The Great Awakening

Post by Verion »

In the weeks following the discovery of the Word of Wisdom, James realised that he had to tell more people about its existance. The things that were written on the stone were too important to neglect. He had written down the words in a book that he always carried with him. His financee, Anna, knew about the book already and together they had read from it. Its words had moved Anna and the Lord had given her faith to believe in Him and in James, the prophet of the Lord.

Together with Anna, James decided to tell more people tonight. A gathering in the Wayne mansion was held and all family members gathered there, as James had asked.

After dinner, James stood up and requested silence. His family was awaiting what he was about to say, they could see in his eyes that it was something of paramount importance. Anna sat next to James, looking at him and encouraging him to go on.

James started to tell

"All my life I have been searching for the truth. What is the reason we are on this world? Why does this world even exist? I have always had the feeling that there must be something or someone out there who guides us, who has created us and who deserves our worship. But I have never known who that was. Most of you don't believe in such things as gods, I know, and some may be Zoroastrists or Catologians. But I believe none of those religions are true. There is a truth, and that truth is more amazing and more definite than most of you could imagine. I have seen things that are impossible to convey but I will try to make you believe me, because they are the most important things that I could ever share with you."

Then, James told everything that had happened. The messenger Gennad, the Holy Tools, the Word of Wisdom. His whole journey of the last months was now known to his entire family.

The Wayne family looked at James, they all looked at him. Suprised and puzzle, interested and curious, but also weary and sceptic.

Would they believe him?

James and some of his family members.
1.Titus Morvayne, Prefect of Shirekeep, Count of the Skyla Islands
2.Eki Aholibamah Verion, Queen in the North
3. Ludovic Verion, Lord of Blackstone and Governor-General of the Iron Company
4. Jeremy Harwinsson Archer, super sleuth

Verion
Ayn Rand's toyboy

Re: The Great Awakening

Post by Verion »

Some of the family members shift nervously on their chairs when James is telling his story. It is clear that most of them don't believe a single word of what he is saying but it is James, a good boy who they all like and they don't want to humiliate him publically.

James is still spreading the word of the Lord, he is full of passion when he quotes from the book of Bane, the second book of the Word of Wisdom.

"And in those days, I will send my prophet, and my angel, that the whole world will know that I am the Lord. And the words of the Lord will spread across the surface of this planet and they will be known."

The Wayne family members give each other weary looks. What is James trying to imply, that he is some kind of prophet? A saviour? They clearly don't believe in the angel stories he is telling them. And a word of wisdom? A word of god written on a rock? That is too much to believe, surely James has lost his mind.

"Family, friends, I know it is hard to believe but we are in the end times now. The Lord has chosen me, an unworthy man, as His prophet and I will serve him with all my heart. I call upon you to believe the word of the Lord for he himself will give you faith."

James' father opened his mouth to say something, and finally uttered: "But James, how can we believe this? I see in your eyes that you believe this but for us, it just sounds unbelievable.

"Believe, father, believe. I know it is hard but the Lord will give you the faith you need." And James prayed to the Lord. He asked if He would open the eyes of his family members and make them believe the truth.

The people in his room were now standing, some were angry and some were upset. Only Anna remained calm, she believed. The people started telling James to shut up and to clear his head. James' words were hardly audible in the room.

James raised his right hand, in a desperate attempt to quiet his family members down, but it didn't help.

Then, suddently, a light appeared in James' hand. It was not just a light, it was a sword! The Sword of Faith had appeared, as the Lord had promised.

All people in the room were quiet now, they looked at the sword, bewildered, what was this? Did this mean that James was speaking the truth?

At that moment, a Voice sounded in the room, a voice familiar to James.

"Behold, the Prophet of the Lord, the man who I have chosen to guide my children. Open your eyes and believe that I am the Lord."

All the people in the room, old men, young children, women, fell to the ground in utter adoration. They believed, how could they not?

Nathaniel
Vagrant who is the owner of two celeriacs

Post by Nathaniel »

(this is turning scary, nice work!)
Nathaniel
NATHANIEL ANDRE UTAS AYREON-KALIRION IBN AL-MAJEED BIN SATHRATI OF WAFFEL-PAINE
[spoiler]Emir of Sathrati
Imperial Prince of Shireroth
Prince of Natopia
Prince of Leng
Duke of Cheshunt
Duke of New Aquitane
Marquess of Zy-Rodun
Count of Anmutstadt
Count of Cape Farewell
Master of the Cathedral of Eternal Slumber
Bosarch of New Aquitane
Lord von Zauberförde
Lord der Stadt der Gestrandeten ...
Knight of the Holy Lakes
Scion of the King of Kings[/spoiler]

Verion
Ayn Rand's toyboy

Post by Verion »

You can still repent ;), thank you.

Verion
Ayn Rand's toyboy

Post by Verion »

One week after the conversion of the Wayne familly to the restored church of the Lord a lot has changed for the family. Every night, they have come together on the Wayne farm where James has spoken about the Lord and read from the Word of Wisdom together with the faithful.

The Wayne family members all have spread the word and after a week, hundreds people have gathered on the Wayne estate, they were so many that James and some of his closest friends decided to have this congregation on the main square of Green Valley town, so that most people can hear the word of the Lord. An amazing crowd gathered that evening, almost everyone in Green Valley has come. Who could have foretold that so many people would believe the word of the Lord? It is of course not the work of any man, but the blessing and the work of the Lord that so many are now on the path of truth.

It is a good evening, men and women are encouraged and strengthened by the prophetic visions of James and the reassurings from the Word of Wisdom.

"Friends, faithful, we have come again tonight to learn more about what the Lord has to tell us. We have discussed the Book of Adamah over the last days and we have seen how the Lord has created us and that therefore we have an obligation to serve Him. Tonight, we will discuss the second book from the Word of Wisdom, the Book of Bane.

Vince Wayne has written down these first books and we will give some of you copies of them to take home and to contemplate. Aren't we blessed that the Lord has shown us His own word? We are chosen to know the truth, when so many people still live in darkness.

Tonight, we will discuss the Book of Bane. This book deals with the last days of the world. And friends, I believe that we are in these last days. The Book of Bane has prophecies that I believe are about us and about the time we live in. We will discuss those prophecies further over the next days but tonight, I want to draw your attention to one particular verse, namely the very first verse where the Lord speaks:
"And it will be in the last days that the forces of evil will gather in the lands of the Lord, and they will persecute ye and they will seek to destroy the children of the Lord, for they are holy and evil cannot stand the sight of those who live in holy harmony."

Now, what does the Lord tell us here? Yes, he is telling us that we will face persecution and that the forces of evil will be our enemies, but for me a very important part is the end of this verse. The Lord tells that His children, us, are holy and that we live in holy harmony.

I believe that foremost, this verse is calling upon us to live holy and to be holy. To believe the Lord and to live according to his divine willl. Harmony should be found among us. We should, even more than we have done, come together as one community, united under the Lord. We, the Restored Church of the Lord, are the chosen people. We have a special purpose in this life, to be holy, and we can only be holy when we live united in a community blessed by the Lord!

Verion
Ayn Rand's toyboy

Post by Verion »

James preaching to the gathered crowd