The Vision

Moderator: (Elwynn) Prince of Elwynn

Verion
Ayn Rand's toyboy

The Vision

Post by Verion »

It must have been at around 3 AM when James Wayne suddently woke up and sat up in his bed, his forehead covered with glistening sweat. He didn't know exactly what it was that woke him up, but he felt that it must have been something serious. He sought desperately for a reason and figured that it must be a consequence of the troubled thoughts he had for the past months.

Born in one of the largest farming families in Green Valley, James was the eldest son of Thomas Wayne, the second son in the Wayne clan. The family owned much land and most of the time, James was helping out on the land. He would most likely inherit the property one day and he had to be prepared for that moment. At age 18, he was considered a man and with that, responsibilities came. James had a busy life of hard work, as was expected of him in Green Valley.

But although James worked hard and spent most of his time on the fields, he didn't feel at all fulfilled. There must be more than just this life of hard work and he longed to know more about the things that were beyond this world.
From travelers and trappers he had heard stories about gods, some just and some evil. Their names and deeds were different. The Babkhan traders served cruel gods, the Kildari served just one god and the Elw served Lady Elwynn, which was basically the name of the country their lived in.

All those gods seemed not quite right to James. They seemed so obviously man-made, representing things humans had witnessed in nature. The real god, or gods, must be far greater than that. The real truth must be something amazing and something that was from out of this world. But what was it?

That was the question that had kept James busy for months now. He read old manuscripts and books, even though there weren't much of those in Green Valley, but he didn't find the answer. He had even started praying to whatever was up there, to grant him wisdom to know the truth.

These things must have been the reason for his sudden awakening, James thought. He knew that he wasn't getting much sleep now, so he got out of bed and dressed himself. He walked towards the veranda and opened the door.

It was cold outside, the sky was dark and clear and covered with millions of stars. The sight of it made James feel small. Who was he, really, with regard to all this beauty up high?

He knelt down in the cold, dark night and started saying a simple prayer.

"You who are up there, who witnesses what I am doing now, who knows what I think and what I feel, please give me wisdom to know the truth. Please give me understanding."

He remained on his knees for several minutes, contemplating and waiting for an answer. It didn't came to him, however, and he grew more disappointed with every passing minute.

Finally, he got up and turned around towards the door to get back inside and get some sleep while it was still dark. But something kept him from stepping through the door. He didn't know what, a sudden feeling.

James turned around and saw one of the most remarkable and miraculous things he had ever witnessed in his entire life. From out of the heavens, a ray of light shone upon the earth. A clear beam of the most intense and clear white light imaginable stood there, as a pillar, between heaven and earth. James couldn't see where the ray of light ended, but it appeared to be in the woods, about a mile from his house. He quickly put on his boots and ran, though the fields, towards the woods in the direction of the right. All the time he was chanting in his head a prayer of thanks towards the heavens, who had finally given him a sign.

Without loosing sight of the light, James arrived at the woods, now more carefully watching his step but not slowing down. What if the light would disappear? After a while, he reached an open space in the woods and there, in the middle of it, the ray of light ended.

James knew that something sacred, something special, was going on. He took of his boots and his hat and walked slowly, full of adoration, towards the spot. And immediately it became clear what the source of the light was. There, in the center of the open place in the woods, stood a man, dressed in shining white clothes, who looked at him.

Full of fear, adoration and a sense of utter worthlessness, James fell down on his knees with his face towards the earth. At the same moment, the man began to speak:

"Do not fear, James, for the Lord has seen your righteousness and your desire for the truth. You have lived in darkness, but tonight, you will see the light."

James looked up, the face of the man in white was friendly and kind, kinder than any human could appear.

"Our Lord is a Lord of mercy and compassion, he will not see his children life their life in utter ignorance any longer. The time has come that the world will know the truth. You, James Thomas Wayne, are the chosen one to spread the truth across all the ends of this world.

James looked at the man in fear. "But I am not worthy of such a task, I know nothing of the Lord and I am but a young man who has to learn so much. I don't even know who you are. How can I teach others?"

"Have no fear" the man answered "for everything you have to know will be thought to you. Blessed is he who has no strength in himself, for he is the empty vessel into which the Lord may pour his wisdom.

You will learn all that matters, the Lord will give you the strength and the qualities that you will need to tell the world of the truth. He will bless your path with prosperity and he will grant you the three Holy Tools that will help you on this journey: the sworth of faith, the word of wisdom and the shield of protection against those who trespass against you.

As for who I am, I am Gennad, the messenger of the Lord. I will teach you the divine will of the Lord when the time is right. Now, you have to find the tree Holy Tools which the Lord will grant you. Be ensured that you will find them, since the Lord has already given them to you. In your day of need, know that He is near.

With those mysterious last words, the man had disappeared and so had the ray of light. James was alone in the woods. He could barely move and his heart was fulfilled with the things he had just witnessed. He could only mumble a prayer of thanks to the Lord up high, for he had deemed worthy someone like him to know the truth. He knew that he had only just began understanding the will of the Lord and that there was a long journey for him on the path that Gennad had shown him but he knew that the Lord and his strenght would always be with him.
1.Titus Morvayne, Prefect of Shirekeep, Count of the Skyla Islands
2.Eki Aholibamah Verion, Queen in the North
3. Ludovic Verion, Lord of Blackstone and Governor-General of the Iron Company
4. Jeremy Harwinsson Archer, super sleuth

Verion
Ayn Rand's toyboy

Re: The Vision

Post by Verion »

James listening to the message of Gennad.

Aasmund Vigeland
Gnawing Cannibal

Post by Aasmund Vigeland »

Haha, this is so great. Soon we'll have Big Love in Elwynn...

Awesome. Don't stop this tale!
Elwynn prevails!

Aasmund Vigeland | Аоосмунд Вигыланд
Supreme Commander of the Elwynnese Union Defence Forces
Minister of Military Affairs of the Republic of Shireroth

Janus Eadric

Post by Janus Eadric »

What is this dude smoking and where can I get some? :p Just kidding. This was an enjoyable read, I will be paying close attention to this story. :-D

Verion
Ayn Rand's toyboy

The Holy Tools - The Sword of Faith

Post by Verion »

It was now almost a month ago since the vision occured to James Thomas Wayne and since the messenger of the Lord, Gennad, had visited him in the woods and told him that he was chosen to tell the world the truth. Still, he was confused, contemplating the meaning of the visitation of the messenger and the words he had spoken. Still he did not know how he was supposed to tell the world the truth, he didn't eve know what this truth was. He had strong faith that these things would be shown to him. He knew that he was chosen for one of the greatest tasks a man could ever have. To be a prophet, to live a life in service of the Lord.

The messenger had spoken clearly of three Holy Tools he had to recieve, that he had already been given. But where were those tools? And what were those tools? And how could he ever know if he had those tools, what if they were metaphors?

All these things kept James awake at night, praying for light and knowledge. But the Lord didn't seem to answer. James became more and more confused but he did not stop praying or believing in the Lord. What he had witnessed was beyond anything human and he could never forget that. He had this experience as a solid foundation of his new life.

Still, he hadn't yet told anyone about this visions and about the fact that he was chosen to be a servant of the Lord. He couldn't yet, he first had to find the Holy Tools. The first of those was the Sword of Faith.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was a rainy afternoon when James was working in one of the barns on the Wayne farm. Cutting some wood for the several fires that were needed to keep the farm warm in these days. It was hard work, but James had almost finished cutting the wood, and a large pile of firewood was already lying in a corner. He turned to the pile with water to drink something and wiped the sweat from his forehead when suddently he got distracted by something. Across the fields, just about 100 meters away, a single ray of light, very similar to what he had seen that wonderful night in the woods, shone upon an empty barn, the smallest on the Wayne property.

Quickly dropping his axe, James ran towards the small barn. He hoped with all his heart that Gennad would be there again, so that he could ask his questions to him and get more knowledge of what he was supposed to do now.

Instead, the barn was empty. There was nothing there, just straw on the floor and the ray of light, shining on a the floor. Confused, James started investigating the floor, made of earth, but he didn't find anything out of the ordinary. He ran back into the large barn and got a spade. He started digging as fast as he could.

After digging 3 feet deep, James stumbled upon something solid. What could it be? He dug more, and there appeared a wooden chest, made of dark brown, solid, oak wood. He took it out and, with some force, opened the chest. At that very moment, the ray of light disappeared from the sky. However, darkness didn't fall in the barn for from without the chest, a dimmed but clear light submerged. Inside the chest, there lay a short sword. When James picked it up, he noticed that it was not made of steel, nor silver or bronze or any material at all. It was a sword made purely out of light. Still it felt solid and very real. James knew instantly that this had to be the sword of faith that Gennad had spoken about. The sword that would be his first Holy Tool to spread the word of the Lord.

When he picked it up, he suddenly heard a voice from the heavens. Different this time from the voice of Gennad. This voice was deeper, more majestetic. It spoke clearly.

"James, James, The sword of faith that I have bestowed upon you is a symbol of the faith that you have in me and that I vested in your soul. This sword will be a symbol of your faith and will always be with you in this time of need. The sword will appear at every time that you need a sign of Me and of your faith."

Full of adoration, James listened to the voice of the Lord. It was the first time He had spoken to him and it was something that had filled him from head to toe with the most wonderful feeling that he had ever felt.

When he looked up, the sword had disappeared. But his faith now was stronger than ever. The Sword of Faith would always be in his heart.

Verion
Ayn Rand's toyboy

The Holy Tools - The Word of Wisdom

Post by Verion »

After these miraculous events, James became more and more faithful. He didn't doubt anymore that he had been chosen for something special. He was the one who had to tell the word of the Lord to everyone.

The day he had found the Sword of Faith, he had recieved the strengthening of his own faith and of his own believe in the Lord. He had heard the voice of God speaking to him and he was reassured in the belief that he indeed was chosen for this wonderous task. It was the best day of his life and after that, he was fulfilled with the goodness and the love of the Lord.

James finally had told someone about his encounter: Anne Jefferson, who was his bethrothed and soon to be his wife. He had to tell her because it was impossible to keep all the things he had witnessed a secret. It was too big, to majestic to keep for himself and one day, when they sat together on the veranda of Anne's house, the words just poured out of him. He kept on telling everything. His doubts, his search for the truth and the messenge of Gennad, the quest for the Holy Tools and the Sword of Faith, made entirely out of light.

Anne found it hard to believe him at first but the conviction that showed from James' face made her realize that there was no way he could make it up. James always had been an honest man and on that night, she chose to believe him.

"But what now, James" she asked him.
"I don't know, my love. We'll have to wait untill the Lord calls upon me again and shows me the second tool, the Word of Wisdom."
"What is that word, James?"
"I don't know, I only know that it will contain all the answers I have been looking for all my life. It will be my task to spread its message."
"James, are you a prophet now?"
"I don't feel much like a prophet, I barely know anything."
"But you are one, aren't you?"
"I guess, I know I am chosen."
"The Lord is good, that He wants to show Himself to you, but do you think that He will speak to me as well?"
"I don't know, darling, all I know is that the Lord will answer those who really look for him. He will not dissapoint us."

When James was walking home that night, he reminiscended the conversation. Yes, it was true, he was a prophet, but what was he to tell anyone? He couldn't even be absolutely clear to Anne. He didn't know who the Lord really was.

He prayed: "Lord, please show me your Word of Wisdom, I want to know who you are."

It was at that moment when he heard a voice from the heavens. Again, it was the voice of the Lord who had spoken to him earlier. It was a voice that he would always remember and cherish.

"James, James, go to the place where I first sent my angel to you. Go to the place that is sacret and holy and will be called Qodesh, for it is a place holy in this world. There, you will find my Word of Wisdom, there you will find the truth.

James ran towards the woods and, although he ran as fast as he could, it took him half an hour. In the woods, he walked towards the open space. The Lord had declared that this place was holy so he should be careful. He took off his boots and walked towards the middle of the place. The spot where Gennad had spoken him that night he first was visited by the Lord.

There, he saw a large rock with small inscriptions. They weren't Elw, nor Babkhi, nor the common tongue or any language he knew. But although he had never seen this language before, he still could read them clearly.

At the very top of the rock, there was a symbol of a cross and a star, he noticed. It must have a special meaning. It was a beautiful symbol.

He looked at it for a while, contemplating its meaning, but then he moved his eyes down and started reading the Word of Wisdom...

The full text of the Word of Wisdom can be found here

Return to “Green Valley”