So it begins...

The place for role playing, expeditioning, and other group story-telling exercises.
Demon of Fides

So it begins...

Post by Demon of Fides »

Novatainian Officials were baffled today when a large amount of LSD and similar narcotics were introduced to the national reservoir system earlier this morning. A Press Release from the King's Office urged citizens to remain calm and not drink the water while waiting for the mass hysteria to clear. NISB spokesman characteristically refused to comment.

(Photo of the main reservoir)

--- --- ---

Agent F hung by his wrists off a dank cave wall in the firelight, his uniform and armour ripped to pieces and claw marks all over his body. The red hot poker plunged once more into his gut, searing his flesh, then a magical flame dances across the pole from the handle and set his clothes alight again. The flame was extinguished by a wall of salt smothering the fire and searing the open wounds.
"Why are you doing this?"
"Fun."
"What?"
"Fun, I like having muscular men suspended from my wall."
"That's one hell of a fetish, lady."
"Pfft, sex? Sex is so... Human..."
F's torturer brought her fist up in a lazy arc, shattering his jaw.
"Ooh itch!"
"Oo'er elcome!"
"Ere's oh eed ooh ub it in..."
"Rub it in? That's a great idea!"
"Ot are ooh ooing?"
"Making a gate spell between your chest and Micra's mantle. Before you ask, the answer is fun. I just really like killing you. Drugs in the water supply? Very fun. You were very good to track me, and it gave me a great oportunity to insert one of my men into NISB in your place."
She sighed, "I'm very aware that I've given away a good portion of my plan to you, and you know quite a lot about me. I guess right now you're going to try to escape and get word to your commander? How tiresome."
The spell completed and molten magma began pouring forth, completely destroying the Agent's body in seconds.
"Well, that was fun."

--- --- ---

"Lachlan, Nick, Mel'kat."
"Fides."
"Thank you. I know you've all been putting a lot of work into averting the water crisis. King Gerk has supplied us with enough water to sort us out until MANA can completely extract the drug. There's obviously something going on here, no less than three terror groups have claimed responsibility, but none of them could possibly have the manpower or the magical skill to do this. If this is the work of a fourth terror group, why haven't they claimed responsibility?"
"So the attack was definitely magical in origin?" interrupted the King.
"Yes, Lachlan, but don't get on your high horse yet. Have you heard anything from NISB?"
"F reported no trace to track."
"Anyone else have an idea?"
OOC: If anyone who isn't in the CORR wants to help, feel free to jump in by phone, messenger or kicking the door down.

tl;dr : Lazy people, The Council of Regional Representatives is meeting to discuss recent terror attacks in Novatainia. A shadowy character has infiltrated NISB upon orders from his even more shadowy mistress who apparently just likes killing things...
Hier post ich, ich kann nicht anders

Kaiser Fish XII

Re: So it begins...

Post by Kaiser Fish XII »

"That was hot," said the old hermit, emerging from the darkness. The woman glared at him. "No pun intended. Heh heh heh HORF!"

"Get back to work, you old fool!" She shouted. The hermit walked back into the bowels of the cave, laughing and coughing hackingly as he went.
I think I'll have some fun with this hermit from time to time. :p

Harvey
Ghost of Christmas Past

Post by Harvey »

Noooo, Agent F, we hardly knew thee.

Demon of Fides

Post by Demon of Fides »

Ah, it takes 3 hours and 26 minutes for corey's fetishes to enter and destroy any RP, a new record :P

Kaiser Fish XII

Post by Kaiser Fish XII »

w00t!

Harvey
Ghost of Christmas Past

Post by Harvey »

Welp, I had fun. See you next time.

Demon of Fides

Post by Demon of Fides »

Yeah, see you 'round...

artz

Post by artz »

Reliba wondered through the crowd. She saw police, MANA officials and general high-authority ponses strutting around all trying to look like they were doing something. This was all just too amusing. She had previously been sitting by a nearby tree, simply enjoying the random people going for a swim in the water and coming out like a child with pins and needles. Their fascinated faces, glancing around at the grass like it was gold, yet their total inability to even reach it from the waterline due to stuff limbs. After a while, with more the more people visiting the reservoir the scene took on an even more humorous approach. Eventually, however, watching the officials bumbling about desperately trying to find an answer had gotten intrusive to the enjoyability. It was evident that she would have to get a bit closer to find out what they actually knew.

They had set up a barrier to prevent people from accessing the lake. The barrier was more an annoyance than a prevention to Reliba. While pushing her way into the busy crowd, she transfigured to her second form and crept through under the barrier. Anyone looking on would simply see a rather large wolf-like dog slipping passed…a creature so common many tended to ignore them by this point. Happy with her entry to the sectioned area, Reliba found a spot where everyone was worrying too much about their own problems to notice an extra person appearing and transfigured back. Spotting a spare wizarding cloak by a tent, she quickly picked it up and swept it on. She then continued to move her way through the crowd until she found someplace to sit and listen. Listening was the key to espionage and she was sure she’d find out what was going on sooner or later. This event seemed a magical occurrence… but one had to be sure.

OOC: hopefully transfiguration is allowed.... its the only form my charachter can take and its the only magical thing she can do confidently. In another RP, she was a lican, but I thought a warewolf running around would be a little too evident. If Licans can get away with transforming to a large wolf-like dog rather than a warewolf, then just presume shes lican =]

Demon of Fides

Post by Demon of Fides »

Yup tranfiguration or illusion are both good.

Harvey
Ghost of Christmas Past

Post by Harvey »

So are we actually going to overcome the Corey Effect and do this one?

Demon of Fides

Post by Demon of Fides »

yes...

Andreas the Wise

Post by Andreas the Wise »

"Whoever did this, they are clearly powerful," Mel'Kat said to the other CoRR members. "Not only did they insert the drug simultaneously into every major dam in National Reservoir system, they even managed to get it into the drinking water the Flying Duchy, and we're completely unconnected to that grid."
"New New Myzoria is alright," Nicholas interjected, "but then, any water within it on Micras is probably frozen, and the portals between Micras and Astral New Myzoria have rigorous checking procedures for illegal substances."
"So why aren't they claiming responsibility?" Fides repeated.
"Perhaps this is part of a bigger plan," Mel'Kat mused. "Have we heard anything from the Dark Watchers?"
I assume this is set after the alien invasion.
The character Andreas the Wise is on indefinite leave. But he does deserve a cool war ribbon.
However, this account still manages:
Vincent Waldgrave - Lord General of Gralus
Manuel - CEO of VBNC. For all you'll ever need.
Q - Director of SAMIN
Duke Mel'Kat - Air Pirate, Melangian, and Duke of the Flying Duchy of Glanurchy
Cla'Udi - Count of Melangia
Vur'Alm Xei'Bôn - Speaker of Nelaga, Minister of Interior Affairs, and a Micron

Demon of Fides

Post by Demon of Fides »

yes, it is

Demon of Fides

Post by Demon of Fides »

"Agents F through H investigated three main reservoirs for magical traces. G reported extremely low residue, nearly traceable, and H reported less than that. F found nothing, so I think think the reservoirs were hit in some sort of order. There was definitely a time delay, so maybe we're only dealing with one caster."
"One incredibly powerful caster?" Interrupted Nick, "One who can teleport thousands of litres of dense liquid to multiple destinations all over a country in seconds?"
"So, yes," continued Fides, "that's probably worse, but at least it means we aren't dealing with a terrorist cell who can just throw on a T-Shirt and become part of a crowd. An aura the size of Andreas' isn't that difficult to spot!"
Nicholas eyed Fides in an unfriendly manner, a mark had been overstepped here. Andreas' voluntary absence cut at Nicholas like Andreas' death would.
"I keep telling you, Nick, he will be back before your dying day."
Mel'kat broke the tension with a quick backtrack.
"Nearly traceable? So if they strike again we can trace them if we're fast enough?"
"MANA is pioneering new methods of magical tracing. It seems we have to every time the Lords rebind..."
"Yes, we can." Finished Nick, "Where's Lachlan? I'm sure his anti-magic cabinet are going to have a field day with this."
"What is it they used to say? When cannons are outlawed, only outlaws will have cannons?"
"Uh, Mel'kat, I think only you used to say that."
"So, our issue is twofold; We have a supervillan on our hands and the novatainian government is going to have our collective arses."
"I love that word..."
"...?"
"Supervillain, Nick."
tl;dr : Everyone hates magic users.

Demon of Fides

Post by Demon of Fides »

Kaiser Fish XII stirred in his bed. He heard the clocks outside Raynor's Keep toll quite midnight, and rolled over. He blinked out of his bleary half-waking state as he saw the shadow-covered features of a handsome woman in his bed.
"Morning big boy."
The Kaiser lashed out with his fist and yelled for the guards, his hand passing pitifully through the illusion and thudding into the pillow.
"My my, someone is keen to try getting inside me."
The guards entered and peppered the bed with bullets until frantic hand-waving on the behalf of their charge convinced them to stop.
"She's an illusion, stand down!"
"Fish out of water finally gets it," she sat up, "hello boys."
"That is Blashpemey and Treason!"
"Depends if you consider the Kaiser appointed by the Divine Right of Kings or not."
"Who are you," Demanded the Kaiser, "and What do you want with me?"
"Fun. I've very bored and I want entertainment. You follow the news? You know what happened in Novatainia?"
"That was you?"
"No, but I know who it was. I would like to see them squirm under the heel of The Kaiser's displeasure, particularly after you realise they've just hit Shieroth's main water supplies about quarter of an hour ago."
The Kaiser haistily motioned to the guards, "Get me MANA, or Taonas, or someone! Just get someone magical on the phone right now! SHINE! Get me SHINE too!"
He turned back to the figure on his bed, "How do you..." But she was gone.
tl;dr : Shieroth's water supplies are hit too and our mysterious terrorist seems to want to implicate someone in it. Corey, if you want to respond in your Kaiserial role rather than creepy little hermit, that's be great. :posh:

Longbow of Toketi

Post by Longbow of Toketi »

Shaking his head, Longbow got up off of the floor. The inexplainable memory of simultaneously having several thousand acid trips was...
Longbow grabbed his head in an effort to focus on the word he was looking for, as if he could push the word into the grey matter between his green temples.
Disconcerting.
Taking the symptoms from every single scalziin and implanting it into his own mind had was something that he did not want to repeat. He would make an announcement once his mind had recovered from the shock.

A few moments later, every scalziin's head perked up as they received the same message, Don't drink the water. It's loaded with narcotics and LSD. On a somewhat related note- my head hurts like a :squirrel:
Some chuckled, some looked towards Longbow's home in worry, others began spreading research about what had happened. In a few more moments, the entire city was buzzing with statistics, numbers, and formulas. Each and every one related to what could have caused such an outbreak. Either that, or what Longbow had seen during all of his drug-induced comas. Either way, the remainder of the day would prove interesting for all those in Cride.
-Lord of Cride
-Creator of the Scalziin
-fire never dies alone

Thadeus Laing
Sea Elf, Sea Elf Run

Post by Thadeus Laing »

Return to “Roleplaying”