Florian Republic switch to Associate member.

The Political Consultative Committee, which acts as the headquarters of the USSO is located in Daocheng. Here the representatives of the USSO member states assemble to discuss their next step in accomplishing world domination.
sick39ed
#abstain

Florian Republic switch to Associate member.

Post by sick39ed »

Greetings!
After many discussions and thoughts, the Florian Republic has decided to propose a switch from being a full member to Associate member.
This is so that the Republic can enjoy freer international relations and still develop its economy. It has been tough but we believe that an associate membership wil benefit the country more than Full member status. I hope you understand.
"My name's Jeff"

Zibertian Kind
"Passio-no-de-Corum"

Re: Florian Republic switch to Associate member.

Post by Zibertian Kind »

Having worked closely with the Florian Republic regarding this issue, Passio-Corum is in favor of recognizing the Florian Republic as an Associate Member of the Union. This switch would provide them with the same rights, privileges, and responsibilities as nations including the Maritime Markets and Nova England.

All members are invited to express their position regarding this change in the membership status of the Florian Republic.

Craitman

Post by Craitman »

Craitland abstains.

The Xangese delegate is in favour of downgrading the Florian Republic's involvement in the USSO after recent events.
Craitman H. Pellegrino, King of Craitland
COH, CrA, GKOC, GKRB, HGH, KHL, KOD, KY, NM, OCC, ONSGK, OSJ, SJSJ, SOB, WSA
Administrator General of the MCS
FMF President
Lord of Humour

Jonas
Lord of the Fries

Post by Jonas »

The Jingdaoese nation is in favour of this change of status.

We however warn our neighbour that a continued cooperation with a nation which lays claim on our national territory can not reflect positively on relations between our both nations and, just like the planned by the Shiretits, will threaten the stability and peace on the Apollonian continent in the long run. Therefore I hope that the Florians will seek assistance with their friends and will not allow themselves to be further infiltrated by the Kaiser's minions.
Important characters:
Frederik Alfons des Vinandy-Paravel, King of Batavia
Joseph Bartholomeus des Vinandy-Windsor, Prince-Regent of Batavia
Jin San, Diwang of Jingdao, Duke of Kildare

Zibertian Kind
"Passio-no-de-Corum"

Post by Zibertian Kind »

The floor will remain open until 11:59 PM CDT on October 8, 2017.

sick39ed
#abstain

Post by sick39ed »

I assume that now the Florian Republic is now an Associate member.
"My name's Jeff"

Zibertian Kind
"Passio-no-de-Corum"

Post by Zibertian Kind »

Yes, that is correct. Now we can start looking at putting together a Treaty of Association. I'll post what I'm working on when I have a little extra time today.

Zibertian Kind
"Passio-no-de-Corum"

Post by Zibertian Kind »

I propose the following treaty for the consideration of the relevant parties. I suggest, furthermore, that any treaty of association which we agree to - whether it be this or a different one - should serve as the basis for all such treaties moving forward. We should, with that said, attempt to draft treaties of association with all of our associate members.
TREATY OF ASSOCIATION USSO-FLORIAN REPUBLIC

TREATY between the USSO and the Florian Republic (hereafter referred to as 'the Parties'), for the development of a lasting economic, cultural, and political partnership between all great civilized nations; -

Article I - Political Co-Operation
The Parties agree to work together on area of mutual political co-operation, including but not limited to; the presentation of unified diplomatic fronts on certain areas, co-ordinated approaches to international development; co-ordination on policy areas; and the enablement of increased co-operation between agencies and departments on mutually important domestic policy areas.

The Parties each affirm the recognition of individual sovereignty of the Parties over their respective territories, and shall respect the diplomatic envoys of each other, their diplomatic correspondence and their offices, as well as all other government structures of each other.

Article II - Military Co-Operation
The Parties agree to seek further avenues for enhanced, military co-operation on matters of joint strategic importance; agree to develop the possibilities for information-sharing on matters of national security and national defense; to investigate and work towards standardization of munitions and parts where possible; and to develop plans for the holding of exercises and events involving the armed forces of both Parties for the purpose of improving co-operation and joint working and improving working relationships.

Both parties shall respect the neutrality of the other. Therefore, if any disagreements occur between one of the signatories [party A] and another nation or coalition of nations, it shall be understood that the other signatory party [party B] shall not be required to act on behalf of [party A].

Article III - Cultural and Community Co-Operation
The Parties agree to identify and pursue common cultural strands; to work together to ensure the preservation of culture; to identify areas where cultural bodies from the relevant nations can work together in pursuit of cultural excellence and in; to establish a joint commission for the promotion of each Party's culture in the other; and to ensure the simplicity of immigration procedures for citizens of the respective Parties who wish to visit the other.

Article IV - Economic Co-Operation
The Parties affirm their commitment to continuing to investigate the possibilities of international trade; agree to investigate the possibilities of financial incentives in relation to trade between the two parties and to develop and strengthen further economical and financial links between the two, especially as they relate to the use of the USSO Common Market.

Article V- Enactment
This Treaty shall come into force on the day it is ratified by both Parties.

sick39ed
#abstain

Post by sick39ed »

The Florian Parliament will discuss this possible treaty tomorrow. We hope that this treaty will be positively welcomed in the chamber.
"My name's Jeff"

sick39ed
#abstain

Post by sick39ed »

The treaty has been voted in favour. The Florian government officially ratifies the treaty of association between the USSO and the Florian Republic.
"My name's Jeff"

Jonas
Lord of the Fries

Post by Jonas »

But... isn't this de facto just them regaining full membership?
Important characters:

Zibertian Kind
"Passio-no-de-Corum"

Post by Zibertian Kind »

I don't see it as doing that, no. All this would do is help ensure that the formal avenues for cooperation would remain open as viable options. It doesn't give the Florian Republic any of the privileges of full membership. It doesn't, for example, give them any vote in the Policon. Their vote in favor is in regards to the wishes of their own nation. It has no bearing over whether the Policon approves the treaty or not.

Zibertian Kind
"Passio-no-de-Corum"

Post by Zibertian Kind »

This treaty is now obviously off the table. The USSO will not ratify a treaty with any nation that takes up arms against any Full Member.

Jonas
Lord of the Fries

Post by Jonas »

Jingdao applauds this initiative. In times of danger, one knows who it can trust. :herman:
Important characters:

Craitman

Post by Craitman »

Zibertian Kind wrote:This treaty is now obviously off the table. The USSO will not ratify a treaty with any nation that takes up arms against any Full Member.
I agree. With recent tensions in the air, I think severing all ties with what can only be described as a "rogue state" of late is the only prudent course of action for the USSO...
Craitman H. Pellegrino, King of Craitland
COH, CrA, GKOC, GKRB, HGH, KHL, KOD, KY, NM, OCC, ONSGK, OSJ, SJSJ, SOB, WSA
Administrator General of the MCS
FMF President
Lord of Humour

Zibertian Kind
"Passio-no-de-Corum"

Post by Zibertian Kind »

Craitman wrote: I agree. With recent tensions in the air, I think severing all ties with what can only be described as a "rogue state" of late is the only prudent course of action for the USSO...
I am prepared to give the Florian Republic until Friday to formally remove themselves from our alliance. If they have not issued such a request by Friday, then Passio-Corum will propose that they be expelled from the USSO at once.

sick39ed
#abstain

Post by sick39ed »

The Florian Republic wishes to leave the alliance. I thank you for our time in the alliance.
"My name's Jeff"

Zibertian Kind
"Passio-no-de-Corum"

Post by Zibertian Kind »

Passio-Corum recognizes and supports the Florian Republic's request to leave the Union.

Return to “Political Consultative Committee”