Thadeus Awakens for A Brief Moment

Jasonian Aeronautics and Space Organization. A technology / vehicle development group. JASO was founded in the summer of 2000 during the great Golden Age of the FIoJ and has been serving the sector for over a decade. From civilian to military use, the smallest robotic vehicle to the most terrifying behemoth gravships, the fastest fighters to immobile research complexes, and the realistically possible to the "oh come on, there's no way that would work!", JASO does it it all. Owned by the Nelagan government with a Shirerithian minority controling share, but willing to work on joint projects with other-like minded groups for the common good.
Thadeus Laing
Sea Elf, Sea Elf Run

Thadeus Awakens for A Brief Moment

Post by Thadeus Laing »

Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep.

The heart monitor carefully noted each beat of Thadeus Laing's heart.

A brainwave monitor showed activity, but, of course, Thadeus was unable to move any part of his body to let others know what he was thinking.

Such is how he had been for months.

But then, for a brief moment, he let out a moan, "OOOHHHH"

Again. "OOOOHHHHH"

The nurses came in.

He started speaking, rambling...

"Write....Write This...They're Coming... They're Coming!"

His body writhed and twisted with each word.

"Who's coming, Mr Laing?" asked one of the nurses, who had grabbed a notepad and pen.

The heart monitor was beeping faster. Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep.

"The men from...OOOOHHHHH....not here!"

"Who, Mr Laing?" asked a male nurse.

"It's...the Butler...JEEVES!...He's one of them!...OOOOOHHH" shouted Laing.

Sweat poured down his face and mustache. His eyes darted suspiciously to everyone in the room.

"Do you want to us to get Jeeves for you?" asked a female nurse.

"AAHH...NOOOOOOOO!...You fools! He's one of them! The eye! EYE!" continued Laing.

"Clearly he's delusional. Let's add some sedatives to his IV line," said a doctor. "Stat."

As soon as that was said, before anything was added to his IV line, Laing's body relaxed and he stopped speaking.

He had slipped back into his coma.

Wil
Executed in accordance with imperial law

Re: Thadeus Awakens for A Brief Moment

Post by Wil »

The female nurse wrote down what Thadeus said. It seemed like it was probably nonsense, but something about the way he said it made her think that he had had a long time to think about it. The nurse, Lucy, decided that she would pass the note on to the next of kin. At the moment that was none other than Ethel Lange (Laing), his own mother, just down the hall. She would also let Wil Laing, the Mayor Elect and also a cousin of Thadeus, know, but by sending a letter rather than calling direct, since she was somewhat shy around local celebrities like Wil.

Athel Laing
Sea Elf, Sea Elf Run

Post by Athel Laing »

Edhel Laing was in the geriatric ward recovering from pneumonia. No foul play whatsoever seemed to have been involved in her illness. Just bad luck and old age.

It turned out she had against her better judgement been out pruning her petunias on the patio in pouring rain because, darn it, she said, her legs were too creaky to make it back in fast enough. The temperature was also cool, and the neighbor's daughter who tried to sell her some scout cookies had a cold and had coughed multiple times into her face. Well, next time, she said, she'd need to take better precautions.

As for the message from Thadeus' room in the other end of the hall she replied: "Oh, it does sound like he's going crazy. Such a sad time it is. But he sure seems afraid of that butler. Why, he seemed harmless to me, as harmless as a mouse. But I guess we ought to track him down. I shall telephone that courier we've been using lately, Boris Meene. No wait, Coris Lean. Ah! I mean Taurus Zeene. That's it!"
Character written by Thadeus.

Taurus Zeene

Post by Taurus Zeene »

Hmm, thought Taurus, as he thought about Thadeus' ramblings, as told to him by Ethel Laing:
They're Coming... They're Coming!"
"The men from...not here!"
"It's...the Butler...JEEVES!...He's one of them!" shouted Laing.
"NOOOOOOOO!...You fools! He's one of them! The eye! EYE!"
Taurus, unlike any of the doctors, any of the nurses, Wil Laing, or his mother Ethel, knew more about what Thadeus was talking about.

The butler with the strange eye that he saw the night he visited Langeways.

Could the butler have had something to do with Thadeus' stroke and current condition?

Taurus decided to go to Langeways in New Vaduz, Craitland, right away.

http://bastionunion.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=1392

Charles Wigginhouse

Post by Charles Wigginhouse »

Charles Wigginhouse looked around at pitiable Thadeus in the hospital room.

Beep. Beep. Beep. Whoosh of pneumatic pumps. Beep. Beep. Beep.

Wigginhouse was carrying flowers, tulips and petunias to be exact, and balloons emblazoned with the EGE logo.

A corporate get well visit. Standard operating procedure for large shareholders.

Charles Wigginhouse chuckled. Thadeus was completely harmless now.

But then, something inside of him felt.

The feeling was...pity.

Pity for the man who'd scooped him up so many years ago, toiling away in a low wage university lab, and put him in charge of one of the largest divisions of EGE, now poised to take over New Vaduz.

Pity which caused Wigginhouse to use the power of the Shadows to repair Thadeus' damaged blood vessels and nerves in his brain, and restore him at that moment to a state from which, after several weeks of rehabilitation, he could make a full and complete recovery.

There was no risk in it, thought Wigginhouse. Thadeus would make a full and complete recovery...just in time to see his dear Langeways and New Vaduz overtaken and subjugated under the Shadows.

Taurus Zeene

Post by Taurus Zeene »

Only a short time ago, friends and family were discussing "pulling the plug." "Pulling the plug" on such a mainstay as the venerable Thadeus Laing: a sad thought indeed. However, his condition appeared hopeless.

But now, according to the nursing staff, Thadeus was up and about, walking and talking. So Taurus went to visit him. If he was truly well again, or getting better at least, then perhaps he could give him the password to the safe in which the ancient document he needed was contained.

"Thadeus, can you understand me?" asked Taurus.

"Huh?" said Thadeus.

"I said, Thadeus, can you understand me? Do you know who this is?" asked Taurus.

"Wha..?" said Thadeus.

"This is Taurus. I am Taurus. Remember me?" asked Taurus.

"Wha...just kidding, Taurus, of course I remember you!" joked Thadeus. Taurus was more than relieved. The fate of entire New Vaduz was at stake!

"Mr. Laing, the butler Jeeves has I believe killed Roberto, your cousin, and is possessed by a dark spirit from times gone by, the times of Mortis, when wretched fire consumed the Biotopians of Raynor," said Taurus. "Also I am afraid your deputy head of DREAD, Charles Wigginhouse, may have become possessed by this same dark spirit."

"What leads you to believe this about Wigginhouse?" asked Thadeus.

"He has taken over all operations of EGE and has effectively shut the company down to all visitors. He has wrested board control from you. He has had a strange eye infection as well and has taken to wearing dark sunglasses all of the time in public. I believe he has the same condition with his eye as your butler, Jeeves, had," replied Taurus.

Thadeus was silent for a few moments. Something inside Thadeus' mind clicked. Deep in the recesses of his mind, a dream from his time spent in the coma awakened and rose to the forefront of his mind. It was of the butler, Jeeves, using his mind to give him a stroke. Not just the power of his mind, but power given to him by an ancient enemy of man from Old, those mighty dark servants of Mortis, the Shadows!

"My good servant Taurus, I do believe you. Therefore, yes, I will give you the password to the safe in which the ancient manuscript, the one that can help us defeat the dark spirits, is locked away. However I want us to go together. I may need your assistance with some tasks. Also, we must make sure that no one from EGE or Charles Wigginhouse is aware of what we are doing. I will keep in touch with you on a secure line. Here is the number..." said Thadeus, giving him the number.

Return to “JASO”