The Briefing Room

Leon Gambetta

The Briefing Room

Post by Leon Gambetta »

This thread is devoted to the press briefings from the Office of the President of Arasha. This will be considered an ongoing event. Foolish and dumb 'reporters' will be removed and sanctioned.

Press Secretary: Joseph Meir
Leon Gambetta
2nd President of the Free State of Arasha
Formerly from Ashkenatza, part of the Central Committee of Edgards.

Leon Gambetta

Re: The Briefing Room

Post by Leon Gambetta »

Betty Davis, from the Republican.
Mr. Meir, I have a few questions:
- What is the President's immediate agenda as the House of Arasha is set to begin its new session?
- What is the status of the assembling of the new incoming Cabinet?
- Is the coalition that elected the President going to hold moving forward?
Mr. Meir, Press Secretary.
Thank you for your questions.

On the President's immediate agenda - I understand that his top priority will be to get a Basic Law written and ratified as soon as possible so the work of establishing the structure of the government and our constitutional order may begin. The President will be submitting a draft soon to the House when its new session begins, and we hope that we shall move forward from there. There are going to be other domestic agenda items such as an infrastructure investment bill, for example, but I have been instructed to keep focus on the Basic Law as it is the single most important legislative item on the agenda. Once we get that done, more details will be released on the President's legislative agenda.

As for the Cabinet, considerations are being made to ensure that this is a unity government that reflects the diversity of Arasha, and that of the coalition that supports the President as well. Binjamin Meyer has been already appointed to the Ministry of Defense, but we are awaiting to hear of other potential candidates for the Foreign, Interior and Finance Ministries. [OOC: Anyone wanna serve on the Cabinet? PM me.]

As for the coalition - this is a crucial time in our nation's history and we are held together by the notion that our nation's stability and unity is more necessary now than ever before. The coalition is united behind the President 100%.

Thank you.
Leon Gambetta
2nd President of the Free State of Arasha
Formerly from Ashkenatza, part of the Central Committee of Edgards.

Return to “Arasha”