Comital Decrees

A small island off the Kildari coast. Once a remote holding of Kaikias-Overseas, now a remote holding of the Mango Throne. House Octavius calls this perpetually overcast land its new home.

Moderators: Mira Octavius-Aryani, (Shireroth) Steward, (Shireroth) Kaiser

Kaiser Aiomide

Comital Decrees

Post by Kaiser Aiomide »

COMITAL DECREE Nº 1
Symbols and Survey

IN ACCORDANCE with Imperial Decree Nº 637;

AND IN RECOGNITION of the necessity to survey the natural, manufactured, and human capital of the land so as to best organize its productivity;

LET IT BE KNOWN that:

(1) a survey team is appointed to map the land, compile a register of land owners and tenants, and list the available factors of production per estate;

(2) the Order of Sentinels is directed to dispatch two banners to take command of Fort Kezan.

LET IT ALSO BE KNOWN that:

(1) the survey team and Sentinels are given the additional purpose of securing the allegiance of the local power elite;

(2) agents of the County Palatine shall identify themselves with the symbols of the County Palatine, as described as follows:
  1. The Blazon of Kezan: Barry Wavy of Steel and Blue (Glaucous), charged with a Light Blue Octopus edged in Wrought Iron;
  2. The Banner of Kezan: an ogival flag bearing the Blazon of Kezan;
  3. The Seal of Kezan: a roundel bearing the Blazon of Kezan, edged with a laurel circlet, supported from behind by an arming sword.

By my hand in Raynor's Keep,

AIOMIDE
Lord of House Octavius
Count Palatine of Kezan
Banner of Kezan

Displayed Horizontally

Displayed Vertically

Seal of Kezan

Kaiser Aiomide

Comital Decree Nº 2 - Island Fortress

Post by Kaiser Aiomide »

COMITAL DECREE Nº 2
Island Fortress

IN RECOGNITION of the growing security needs of the County Palatine, owing to unstable times and unstable neighbors;

LET IT BE KNOWN that the County Palatine shall develop and execute the necessary security measures to make Kezan an "Island Fortress".

(1) pending the completion of the General Survey, the County Palatine shall assume directing control over productive estates as necessary to fulfill the goal of this decree;

(2) Sentinel Prefect Sabrai Paxaa shall be deployed to the County Palatine to unify the local command structure and is henceforth named Governor of the County Palatine until such time as the Corporate Leadership of House Octavius can assume authority.

By my hand in Raynor's Keep,

AIOMIDE
Lord of House Octavius
Count Palatine of Kezan

Kaiser Aiomide

Comital Decree Nº 3 - City of Idassa

Post by Kaiser Aiomide »

COMITAL DECREE Nº 3
City and Honours

IN RECOGNITION of the necessity in organizing the County Palatine into administrative districts appropriate to their nature;

LET IT BE KNOWN that:

(1) the City of Idassa, formerly and incorrectly labelled on maps as a municipality named "Kezan", is hereby recognized as possessing City Status;

(2) a City Council is hereby created to manage the administrative needs of the City of Idassa directly under the Government of the County Palatine;

(3) the blazon of the City of Idassa is as follows:
a red field charged with three golden annulets interlaced, a border composed of steel and blue (glaucous), featuring an augmentation: blue (glaucous) field charged with two light blue octopods, a border of wrought iron

(1) the remaining land is hereby organized into five Honours, consisting of geographically contiguous groupings of the productive estates located outside the City of Idassa;

(2) each Honour is hereby named after each branch of House Octavius within which that branch shall reside;

(3) each Honour shall be managed by the residing branch of House Octavius and shall contain therein a seat of administration and residence for said branch.

LET IT FINALLY BE KNOWN that the Honours shall be administered directly by the Government of the County Palatine until such time as its residing branch of House Octavius is established in its seat.

At Fort Kezan,
Сабрай Пашаа
Governor of the County Palatine of Kezan
Seal of the City of Idassa

Displayed on Horizontal Flag

Mira Octavius-Aryani

Comital Decree Nº 4 - Kaikian Refugees

Post by Mira Octavius-Aryani »

COMITAL DECREE Nº 4
Kaikian Refugees

WHEREAS an increasing number of Kaikians are migrating to Kezan following the unfortunate collapse of local government and subsequent seizure and resettlement by Stormark;

LET IT BE KNOWN that the Island of Akis, off the coast near Idassa, shall serve as the sole gateway for immigration, to ensure an orderly resettlement.

LET IT ALSO BE KNOWN that smuggling of migrants shall result in the dispossession of all properties and may result in exile from of the County Palatine of Kezan.

At Fort Kezan,
Сабрай Пашаа
Governor of the County Palatine of Kezan

Count Palatine of Kezan
Khanum of Cabbagefall

Mira Octavius-Aryani

Comital Decree Nº 5 - Acclamation

COMITAL DECREE Nº 5
Acclamation

WHEREAS House Octavius has taken residence within the County Palatine of Kezan;

AND WHEREAS the members of House Octavius are deemed capable of corporate leadership of county administration;

LET IT BE KNOWN that House Octavius designates Mira Octavius-Aryani to be Count Palatine of Kezan.

LET IT ALSO BE KNOWN that Sabrai Paxaa is thanked for her years of service to Kezan and to House Octavius, and is endowed with:
  • the status of Patrician to be passed to all the descendants of her house, and
  • Lordship over the Ward of Kato-Taphou, in the Honour of Adelaidini, to be passed to the head of her house in perpetuity.

At Fort Kezan,
Mira of Octavius-Aryani
Head of the Leadership of House Octavius

Count Palatine of Kezan
Khanum of Cabbagefall

Mira Octavius-Aryani

Comital Decree Nº 6 - LEX COMITATUS

COMITAL DECREE Nº 6
LEX COMITATUS

IN RECOGNITION OF the grant made to House Octavius by the Mango Throne in Imperial Decree Nº 637 and upheld by the Mango Throne in Imperial Decree Nº 658, the Count Palatine of Kezan hereby establishes the following provisions for the purpose of laying out the administrative structure and the rights and services provided to its residents.

I. THE COUNTY

1. The County Palatine of Kezan is a constituent part of the Imperial Lands and shall remain so at the pleasure of the Mango Throne.

2. The jurisdiction of the County Palatine of Kezan shall consist of the islands of Eleutherios (a.k.a. Freedom Island) and Akis as well as the surrounding territorial waters and islands contained therein, measuring out to 24 nautical miles at low tide.

3. The County Palatine shall be divided into:
  1. five Honours, named:
    1. Aryani,
    2. Adelaidini,
    3. Leilani,
    4. Parini,
    5. Teleni;
  2. two Liberties, named:
    1. Fort Kezan,
    2. Akis;
  3. the City of Idassa.

4. The Liberty of Fort Kezan shall serve as the seat of the Court of the Count Palatine.

5. The language of administration shall be Antican English.

II. THE COUNT

6. The Count Palatine is the chief judge and chief magistrate of the County Palatine of Kezan.

7. The Count Palatine shall be chosen from and by House Octavius when the comital seat is vacated, which may be caused by death, resignation, or recall by House Octavius for reason of inability to govern.

8. The Count Palatine shall fill all posts in civil or military service within the County Palatine of Kezan.

9. The Count Palatine shall have power to pardon and to mitigate punishment within the County Palatine of Kezan.

10. The Count Palatine may confer distinctions upon individuals and upon corporate bodies.

III. THE COMMUNITY

11. All residents within the County Palatine shall be required to register their household in the manner prescribed by law.

12. Households shall be required to maintain their registry with their local magistrate, encompassing therein a full listing of persons and properties, their statuses within the household, as well as any changes to its composition, including births, deaths, transfers into or out of the household, creation of cadet households, and sale or redesignation of properties.

13. Household residences, as indicated by the household registry, shall be inviolable. Intrusion and search therein, as well as the seizing of information or materials, shall be allowed only in the manner prescribed by law.

14. Property shall only be taken by consideration of public welfare, only in a manner prescribed by law, and in return for fair compensation.

15. None shall be deprived of lawful trial, nor shall punishments be prescribed or inflicted except according to the law.

16. None shall be deprived of the traditional Antican rights:
  1. equality before the law regardless of ethnicity, gender, orientation, or religion;
  2. freedom of expression and worship so long as they do not inflict damage upon others;
  3. freedom of uncensored publication;
  4. the right to petition;
  5. the right to mail;
  6. the right to free education.

17. All are bound to military service, as determined by law.

18. Military forces shall not deliberate, whether in active service or not, nor shall they otherwise assemble than when commanded to do so.

19. Education shall be provided at the local level and funded by its community. The Court of the Count Palatine shall provide additional funding as necessary. Educational facilities shall be under the supervision of the Court of the Count Palatine.

20. The right to science shall not be infringed.

IIII. THE GOVERNMENT

21. The Liberties of Fort Kezan and Akis shall be administered directly by the Court of the Count Palatine.

22. The Liberty of Akis shall serve as the sole port of entry or exit for the County Palatine of Kezan.

23. A unified military force, named the Kezan Militia, shall be maintained by the Court of the Count Palatine.

24. The Count Palatine shall bear the rank of Colonel-in-Chief of the Kezan Militia and serve as its commander.

25. The Five Honours shall be administered by the branch of House Octavius that shares its name, who shall hold court at the residence which shares its name.

26. Courts of the Honour shall be empowered to grant leases for use of land and resources and to serve as a court of equity.

27. Each Honour shall be divided into wards as necessary to serve local needs.

28. The wards and the City of Idassa shall administer local services for the purpose of providing dissemination of news and entertainment, education, infrastructure, safety, telecommunications, and utilities.

29. The wards and the City of Idassa shall each send two residents of good standing to the Court of the Count Palatine to speak on behalf of their locality and function as an advisory body.

30. The City of Idassa shall hold elections to choose its city judges and magistrates.

At Fort Kezan,
Mira of Octavius-Aryani
Count Palatine of Kezan

Count Palatine of Kezan
Khanum of Cabbagefall

Mira Octavius-Aryani

Comital Decree Nº 7 - LEX ORDINIS INQUISITORUM

COMITAL DECREE Nº 7
LEX ORDINIS INQUISITORUM

FOR THE PURPOSE of establishing the venerable institution of the Inquisition within the County Palatine of Kezan, the following provisions are set forth to serve as a charter.

I. THE ORDER

1. The society organized herein is named The Order of Inquisitors, hereafter addressed as the Order.

2. The purpose of the Order is to promote justice. Members of the Order shall serve this purpose by investigating and prosecuting acts of criminality and misfeasance.

3. The Order is granted jurisdiction of operation throughout the whole of the County Palatine of Kezan. Governing authorities shall be forbidden from interfering with the lawful operations of the Order.

4. All degrees and ranks of membership in the Order shall be open to all members of the community in good standing by following the prescribed pathway of initiation and obeying the rules and tradition of the Order.

5. The Order shall be organized into chapters with defined jurisdictions. The First Chapter shall serve as the headquarters for the Order.

II. MEMBERSHIP

6. There shall be two degrees within the Order:
  1. Membership of the First-Degree shall be named Inquisitor;
  2. Membership of the Second-Degree shall be named Initiate.

7. There shall be three ranks within the First Degree:
  1. Common, possessing the general duties of an Inquisitor;
  2. Master, possessing a mastery of skill and leadership necessary to preside over a chapter or serve in high office within the First Chapter;
  3. Grand, held by a single member at a time to serve as leader of the Order.

8. If one wishes to join the Order, they must present themselves to the Master Inquisitor of their local chapter. The Master Inquisitor shall examine the postulant to ensure that they act in good faith, that they are in good standing with the law, and that they do not hold unfulfilled debts that contradict the vows of the Order. Having examined a postulant and determined that they are qualified, the Master Inquisitor shall invite the postulant into the chapter so that they may make their Vows of the Second Degree and be initiated into the Order to receive instruction in the Arts of the Order.

9. Having fulfilled the period of initiation and demonstrated proficiency in the Arts of the Order, an Initiate shall be considered for ordination into the First Degree. A tribunal of three Master Inquisitors shall meet to examine the Initiate. Upon satisfying the tribunal, the Initiate shall be invited to make the Vows of the First Degree.

10. During their period of initiation, an Initiate shall wear the white tunic and the black hat. An Initiate may choose to dissolve their vows and return to their household. An Initiate may never hold a position of authority within the Order.

11. When ordained into the First Degree, Inquisitors shall receive the black tunic, the violet mantle, and the violet hat. They shall wear this in public society to identify themselves as a member of authority within the Order. An Inquisitor may dispense with their habit when the call of investigation requires discretion. An Inquisitor shall bear at all times Instruments of Record and Instruments of Defense.

12. An Inquisitor may appeal to the First Chapter if they wish to be released from their vows. Their request shall be examined and the First Chapter shall respond according to the merits of the request.

III. THE HIGH OFFICES

13. The high offices of the Order shall reside within the First Chapter:
  1. The Grand Inquisitor
  2. Master of Treasury
  3. Master of Spirit
  4. Master of Instruments
  5. Master of Records
  6. Master of Defenses
  7. Masters of the Arts of the Order

14. The Grand Inquisitor shall preside over the First Chapter and the high offices therein.

15. The Grand Inquisitor shall be chosen from and by the body of Master Inquisitors, who shall assemble in council when the position becomes vacant.

16. The Grand Inquisitor shall have the authority to elevate an Inquisitor to Master Inquisitor and assign them to preside over a chapter of the Order or to serve in high office.

17. The Master Inquisitor shall wear the habit of an Inquisitor with the carmine mantle and the carmine hat. The Grand Inquisitor shall wear the habit of a Master Inquisitor with the collar of office.

18. The Grand Inquisitor may petition the Count Palatine of Kezan to revise the Order's charter, and may issue operating directives to the chapters of the Order as necessary to maintain the functioning of the Order.

IIII. VOWS

19. The Vows of the Second Degree are as follows:
I present myself freely and in good standing with the law and with society. I hear the call of investigation and seek to learn the arts of inquisition. I shall obey the instruction of my teachers. I shall obey the precepts of the Order.
My name is Initiate, and I wish to join the Order.

20. The Vows of the First Degree are as follows:

My purpose is to seek out and reveal injustices, asking, listening, analyzing, representing the law faithfully and honestly.
I hear the call of investigation, and I answer.

I recognize that the laws of mankind are imperfect, that they may contradict, that good people do bad things and bad people do good things.
I follow my conscience and shall remain honest in my prosecution.

I refuse to participate in violence against anyone except only what is necessary for personal defense, to participate in unjust acts, to violate the precepts of the Order.
Promoting justice requires just action.

I remove myself from the household of my family, not to abandon my debts to society or to the people of my household, having put my affairs in order, but so that I may serve my purpose with greater impartiality.
My name is Inquisitor. My house is the Order.

At Fort Kezan,
Mira of Octavius-Aryani
Count Palatine of Kezan

Count Palatine of Kezan
Khanum of Cabbagefall

Mira Octavius-Aryani

Comital Decree Nº 8 - LEX AULAE COMITIS PALATINI

COMITAL DECREE Nº 8
LEX AULAE COMITIS PALATINI

FOR THE PURPOSE OF establishing an organized framework for the general operation of the Court of the Count Palatine of Kezan, so that the functions of state may be managed in an efficient manner.

I. THE COURT

1. The Court of the Count Palatine of Kezan, hereafter referred to as the Court, is hereby defined as the persons, corporate bodies, and administrative agencies that are included within the provisions of this law.

2. The Court shall be composed of three empowered bodies:
  1. the Executive Council,
  2. the Ministry of State,
  3. the Household Agency.

3. The Executive Council shall be the primary advisory and policy-making body for the Count Palatine.

4. The Ministry of State shall manage the operations of the County's central administrative agencies.

5. The Household Agency shall manage the residences and properties of House Octavius.

6. The official seat of the Court shall be Fort Kezan, located within the Liberty of Fort Kezan.

II. THE EXECUTIVE COUNCIL

7. Membership in the Executive Council shall be co-equivalent with that of the cognate members of House Octavius.

8. Full participation within the Executive Council shall be limited to members above the age of 25 years.

9. The Executive Council shall be responsible for formulating policy for the County Palatine of Kezan and for providing oversight over the Ministry of State, either through the drafting of laws or by providing operational directives.

10. The Executive Council shall hold regular meetings at regular intervals as well as extraordinary meetings as necessary. Regular meetings shall be convened at the Court's official residence, but extraordinary meetings may be convened at any location according to practicality or need.

11. The Executive Council shall have the authority to create Commissions, whose purpose shall be to investigate specific matters outside of the normal purview of the Ministry of State. These commissions shall provide status reports on their activities and findings at every regular meeting and at extraordinary meetings when called upon to do so.

12. There shall be three permanent commissions:
  1. the Standing Commission on Petitions,
  2. the Standing Commission on Mercies,
  3. the Standing Commission against Corrupt Practices.

13. -
  1. Membership in the Standing Commission on Petitions and in the Standing Commission on Mercies shall consist of all of the residents of good standing that are sent to the Court from the wards and the City of Idassa to represent local concerns (see LEX COMITATUS, §29).
  2. The Standing Commission on Petitions and the Standing Commission on Mercies shall each appoint officers to manage their affairs. None may serve as an officer in both commissions concurrently.
  3. The Standing Commission on Petitions shall be responsible to organize and put forward petitions from the localities so that the Count Palatine may be informed of local concerns and act to address them.
  4. The Standing Commission on Mercies shall be responsible to organize and put forward requests for the Count Palatine to exercise the prerogative of mercy.

14. -
  1. The Standing Commission against Corrupt Practices shall be responsible for investigating and prosecuting corruption, both within the Court and within local governing agencies.
  2. Membership in the Standing Commission against Corrupt Practices shall consist of a panel of five Master Inquisitors put forward by the Grand Inquisitor and approved by the Count Palatine, as well as any staff as necessary to support their investigations and prosecutions.

15. The Count Palatine shall possess final authority on the content of all laws and operational directives.

III. THE MINISTRY OF STATE

16. The Ministry of State shall have authority over the operation of all central administrative agencies within the County Palatine of Kezan.

17. The Ministry of State shall be divided into a series of bureaus. Each bureau shall have authority over the administrative agencies appropriate to its field of responsibility.

18. The Bureaus are as follows:
  1. the Coordinating Bureau,
  2. the Education Bureau,
  3. the Environmental Management Bureau,
  4. the External Affairs Bureau,
  5. the Health Bureau,
  6. the Information Bureau,
  7. the Infrastructure Bureau,
  8. the Militia Bureau,
  9. the Production Bureau,
  10. the Security Bureau.

19. Each bureau shall be led by a Director, who shall manage the affairs of their bureau. Rank and task within the Ministry of State, up to and including the level of Director, shall be determined by a combination of merit and civil service examination.

20. A Minister of State shall be appointed by the Count Palatine from among the body of present and former directors to oversee all operations and personnel within the Ministry of State. The Minister of State shall serve at the pleasure of the Count Palatine.

21. The Minister of State shall attend all meetings of the Executive Council in order to provide status reports on Ministry of State operations, report on pressing matters that require the Count Palatine's decision, and to receive operational directives. If the Minister of State is unable to attend a meeting, a person or persons from the Coordinating Bureau must be designated to provide these functions to the Executive Council.

IV. THE HOUSEHOLD AGENCY

22. The Household Agency is an independent administrative agency directly under the authority of the Count Palatine.

23. The Household Agency shall consist of all the properties in the possession of House Octavius as well as all personnel who are assigned to support the Household Agency's functions.

24. The primary function of the Household Agency to manage and maintain the properties and residences possessed by House Octavius, first among which are Fort Kezan, Blacktower, Penzance, Mirabel, Taus, and Ashes, hereafter referred to as the Seats.

25. -
  1. The Executive Council shall appoint from among itself a Caretaker of the Household.
  2. The Caretaker of the Household shall have the responsibility to oversee all operations of the Household Agency in ensuring that the Seats have the necessary facilities, resources, and maintenance so that they may properly fulfil their assigned functions.
  3. The Caretaker of the Household shall also have the responsibility to oversee the productivity of the estates located within the Seats and all other estates in the possession of House Octavius, both in the County Palatine of Kezan and abroad.

26. All members of the Court who are not in the service of the Executive Council or the Ministry of State shall be considered guests of the Household Agency.

At Fort Kezan,
Mira of Octavius-Aryani
Count Palatine of Kezan

Count Palatine of Kezan
Khanum of Cabbagefall

Mira Octavius-Aryani

Comital Decree Nº 9 - Revision of Symbols

COMITAL DECREE Nº 9
Revision of Symbols

LET IT BE KNOWN that the Seal of Kezan shall be revised to the following:

On a circular shield, the Blazon of Kezan, encircled with a border of steel that is inscribed with three statements:
  1. ο οικος του οκταυιου,
  2. η κομητεια παλατινη κεζανος,
  3. εκ πολλων ολον κηρ;

And all ensigned with the Coronet of the County Palatine of Kezan.

At Fort Kezan,
Mira of Octavius-Aryani
Count Palatine of Kezan
Seal of Kezan, Revised

Count Palatine of Kezan
Khanum of Cabbagefall

Mira Octavius-Aryani

Comital Decree Nº 10 - Ward Consolidation Commission

COMITAL DECREE Nº 10
Ward Consolidation Commission

IN ORDER THAT local services may be provided and administered more efficiently,

LET IT BE KNOWN that:
  • (1) the Ward Consolidation Commission is hereby created and shall report to the Executive Council regarding the consolidation of wards;
    (2) the commission shall consist of five commissioners chosen from each Honour by the appropriate Honour Seat as well as two commissioners chosen from the City of Idassa by the city council;
    (3) the commission shall present its findings and final recommendations to the Executive Council; and
    (4) the commission shall be disbanded at a date to be determined by the Executive Council.

• (5) Barathral Research by the University of Our Lady Ergane shall be transferred from Inais West [ADE] to Panalkey South [TEL];
    (6) Barathral Research shall remain under the authority of the University and its dean after its transfer;
    (7) all estates in Panalkey South are to cease regular functions and await relocation to other wards;
    (8) Panalkey South shall remain outside of the Ward Consolidation Commission's scope.

At Fort Kezan,
Mira of Octavius-Aryani
Count Palatine of Kezan

Count Palatine of Kezan
Khanum of Cabbagefall

Mira Octavius-Aryani

Comital Decree Nº 11 - Ward Consolidation

COMITAL DECREE Nº 11
Ward Consolidation

WHEREAS the Ward Consolidation Commission has issued its final recommendations to the Executive Council,

LET IT BE KNOWN that:
  • (1) Ward boundaries shall be realigned according to the attached schedule;
    (2) Boundary realignment shall take effect as of 6364 ASC / 3.IV.1644 AN;
    (3) Local services shall be provided according to the new boundaries on the day that they take effect;
    (4) Educational service realignment shall be delayed until the end of the academic year;

• (5) the Ward Consolidation Commission is hereby disbanded;
    (6) the twenty seven commissioners are thanked for their work.

At Fort Kezan,
Mira of Octavius-Aryani
Count Palatine of Kezan

Schedule

Count Palatine of Kezan
Khanum of Cabbagefall

Mira Octavius-Aryani

Comital Decree Nº 12 - LEX QUIRITUM

COMITAL DECREE Nº 12
LEX QUIRITUM

FOR THE PURPOSE OF establishing an organized framework for the defense of the County Palatine.

• I. THE MILITIA
  1. The County Palatine shall maintain a citizen militia in order to protect and defend the County Palatine and its people against external threats, serious internal threats, and in dealing with exceptional situations.
  2. The citizen militia shall be named the Kezan Militia, hereafter referred to as the Militia.
  3. -
    1. The Militia shall be organized into corps according to unit specialization and function. Corps Headquarters shall be responsible for facilitating recruitment, training, and administration for member units.
    2. The Infantry Corps shall be decentralized into five regiments. Each regiment shall be named after the Honour from which it recruits and within which is stationed its Regimental Headquarters, garrisons, and training facilities.
    3. All other corps shall be administered from a central Corps Headquarters.
  4. Militia units shall each be given one of the following designations:Training, Active, Reserve, and Yeoman.
  5. Reserve units shall maintain operational readiness through regular fitness drills and up to one month annually of reserve deployment, but may be activated immediately during a crisis.
  6. Yeoman units may only be summoned for deployment during a severe crisis.

II. SERVICE OBLIGATION
  7. -
    1. All Kezanites above the age of twenty years shall be required to participate in the defense and protection of the County Palatine.
    2. Kezanites may volunteer to fulfill their service obligation if they are at least sixteen years old and in good social standing.
    3. Alternatives to shall be provided for those deemed unfit for military service.
    4. Service obligation may be deferred for a two-year period. This deferment may be renewed once for an additional two-year period.
    5. Failure to fulfill the service obligation shall incur an annual capitation towards County Palatine defense.
    6. The annual capitation may be waived if one is identified as unable to serve.
  8. -
    1. Upon reaching the age of nineteen years, written notification shall be issued regarding the date and location for recruitment processing. A second notification shall be issued one month before the assigned date.
    2. Recruitment processing shall consist of:
      1. briefings on rights and options to fulfill one's service obligation,
      2. medical and psychological evaluation,
      3. physical fitness evaluation,
      4. intellectual capacity evaluation,
      5. background check, and
      6. exit interview.
    3. The exit interview shall review examination results and a discussion regarding available service options. Deferment may be applied for at this time. Alternative service options commensurate with evaluated capacity shall be offered if the recruit fails to meet military service fitness requirements.
    4. A recruit has the right to dispute their evaluations and request re-evaluation.
  9. Upon reaching the age of twenty years, written notification shall be issued regarding the recruit's first assignment for recruit training.
  10. -
    1. All service members shall receive a Service Record Book that shall serve as an identifying document, and shall contain within:
      1. Personal identifying details and physical features,
      2. Personal medical details (e.g. blood type, allergies),
      3. Recruit and Specialty Training completed,
      4. Promotions and Assignments with associated dates of service,
      5. Serial Numbers for equipment issued.
      6. Special Commendations.
    2. The Service Record Book may only be amended by authorized notaries of the Headquarters Company.
  11. -
    1. Upon completing initial deployments, a service member shall be reclassified as a Reservist and shall be assigned to an appropriate reserve unit until reaching the age of forty-five years.
    2. Upon reaching the age of forty-five years, a reservist shall be reclassified as a Yeoman and be assigned to an appropriate yeoman unit.
    3. A reservist may apply for exemption to regular reserve deployment but may not apply for exemption during a crisis event.
  12. A service member who has been injured or has lost their life in performing their duty shall be entitled to appropriate support for themselves and/or their next of kin.

III. OPERATIONS
  13. The Count Palatine of Kezan shall serve as commander of the Militia, and shall be responsible for its provisions, equipment, training, as well as the appointment of well-qualified, supported, and prepared officers to lead its constituent units and formations (see LEX COMITATUS, §8,23,24).
  14. -
    1. Operational duties shall be delegated to the General Staff, overseen by the Chief of the General Staff.
    2. The General Staff's main offices shall be located in Central Fortress, Ft. Kezan.
    3. The Militia Bureau of the Ministry of State shall support the General Staff in its defensive, planning, and administrative operations (see LEX AULAE COMITIS PALATINI, §18.8).
  15. Deployed Militia units shall be organized into brigades within one of the following regional commands:
    1. Northern Command (including Coastal Sectors I, II, III, and IV);
    2. Southern Command (including Coastal Sectors V, VI, VII, and VIII);
    3. Air Command;
    4. Entrypoint Akis (including Littoral Sectors I, II, and III).
  16. Fixed installations throughout the County Palatine shall be maintained by the Militia Bureau in accordance with the strategic goals of the General Staff.
  17. The General Staff shall coordinate with the Security Bureau of the Ministry of State to supply mobilized reserve Militia units to the Civil Protection Office for non-military crises that require manpower resources in excess of available active personnel.
  18. -
    1. Violation of military protocol shall be investigated and punishment levied at the company level by the Officer Commanding.
    2. Violations shall be reviewed by the immediate superior officer if the matter has been directed upwards, either due to insufficient authority to assign the necessary disciplinary punishment or due to appeal by the accused.
    3. Violations of civilian law shall be turned over to the civilian legal structure, even when perpetrated by active or activated service members.
    4. Officers shall be authorized to assign disciplinary punishment in accordance with their position within the following ranges:
      1. Company commander: private warning, up to 5 shifts of extra duty, up to 10 days of confinement, letter of reprimand registered in service record;
      2. Battalion commander: all of above, and up to 15 days of confinement;
      3. Brigade commander: all of above, and up to 30 days of pay.
  19. -
    1. The regional commands shall maintain a permanent military court to receive matters that have gone beyond the brigade level. It shall be overseen by a Master Inquisitor put forward by the Grand Inquisitor and approved by the General Staff, as well as any staff as necessary to support them.
    2. Military courts shall have jurisdiction when and where the civilian court structure is incapacitated or unavailable.
    3. Those found guilty by the military court may appeal to the Count Palatine for mercy.

IV. CIVIL PROTECTION
  20. The Civil Protection Office of the Ministry of State Security Bureau, hereafter referred to as the CPO, shall support the General Staff during military crises in order to coordinate civil defense.
  21. The CPO shall ensure that all wards, as well as the City of Idassa, have sufficient facilities available to shelter the local population from bombardment, hazardous materials exposure, and natural disaster. These facilities may have other, regular uses so long as they can be quickly converted during an emergency and comply with CPO shelter building code.
  22. The CPO shall build and maintain, via local agencies, emergency installations to store, secure, and distribute arms, provisions, and equipment necessary for Civil Protection and Militia Reserve to use in response to an event.
  23. The CPO shall operate a public broadcasting system, called the Emergency Warning System (EWS), for the purpose of transmitting warning messages to the population of the County Palatine.
  24. The EWS shall consist of:
    1. sirens distributed county-wide for broadcast warning tones;
    2. radio interruptions to broadcast warning tones and recite text message via text-to-speech;
    3. television interruptions to broadcast warning tones, recite text message via text-to-speech, and project text message on screen;
    4. push notification to send warning tones and text messages to personal communications devices.
  25. There shall be four warning types used by the EWS, with accompanying tone patterns and standard meanings:
    1. Test [D5,E5,C5,C4,G4, Single] - Sirens daily at 6pm, Radio/Television/Push Notifications weekly;
    2. Watch [Soft 2-Pulse Burst in Trio, Pause, Repeat] - Incoming Danger, obtain text message for details;
    3. Warning [HI-LO in Duo, Pause, Repeat] - Imminent Danger, Seek Shelter, details via text;
    4. Crisis [Ascending Wail in Trio, Repeat] - Reservists to report to local emergency installation for orders and equipment;
    5. End of Danger [Soft Continuous Tone 30sec, Pitch drop at end] - Danger Over, shelters can be vacated, remaining hazards listed in accompanying text.
  26. Emergency text message shall specify type of warning, duration of warning, circumstances, and affected areas.
  27. Push notification tones shall play until the text message is opened and read.
  28. The CPO shall make the EWS available for local agencies to activate locally.

At Fort Kezan,
Mira of Octavius-Aryani
Count Palatine of Kezan

Count Palatine of Kezan
Khanum of Cabbagefall

Mira Octavius-Aryani

Comital Decree Nº 13 - Response to Events in Imperial Capita

COMITAL DECREE Nº 13
Response to Events in Imperial Capital

IN RECOGNITION OF the chaos and conflicting information coming out of the Imperial Capital in regards to the disposition of the Mango Throne,

AND

IN RECOGNITION OF
the potential for foreign powers to take advantage of such uncertainties,

LET IT BE KNOWN that:

• (1) The Kezan Militia is now be placed on high alert.

(2) Militia Reserve Battalions are instructed to prepare for immediate mobilization.

(3) Reserve Service Members shall be distributed their rifles unloaded and are to go about their business in uniform until further notice.

(4) Travel beyond ward boundaries shall be restricted according to need.
    • This restriction shall go into effect on 11.VIII.1644 AN to allow travellers to return to their ward of residency.

• (5) Emergency storage facilities are to verify with the Supply Office, Militia Bureau of their readiness for the rapid disbursement of materials.

(6) Regular updates shall be provided via the Emergency Warning System every four hours under the category of Watch alerts.

At Fort Kezan,
Soraya of Octavius-Parini
Temporary Chair of the Executive Council

Mira Octavius-Aryani

Comital Decree Nº 14 - County Palatine Marksmanship

COMITAL DECREE Nº 14
County Palatine Marksmanship

FOR THE PURPOSE OF promoting practice in the use of firearms,

LET IT BE KNOWN that:

1. The Information Bureau shall create a County Palatine Marksmanship Agency.
  2. The functions of the Agency shall be to:
    1. provide instruction in marksmanship and safe gun usage;
    2. conduct competitions in the use of firearms and to award prizes to competitors;
    3. certify marksmanship performance and award qualification badges accordingly.
  3. The Agency shall operate at least one facility per ward to facilitate the availability of its services and activities, as well as for independent practice.
  4. The Agency shall coordinate with local educational institutions in order to provide mandatory instruction in firearm use and safety to all students, appropriate to their age.
  5. All educational institutions with an athletics program shall organize teams for junior competitions.
  6. Competitions shall be organized into individual, team, and athletic-combined events, with junior-level competitions for competitors below the age of 18 years, and for each firearm type certified by the Agency.
  7. Members of the Kezan Militia may wear qualification ribbons on the service uniform. Qualifications and competition awards shall be entered into the Militia Service Record Book.
  8. An individual shall be eligible to participate in Agency public activities if that individual has not been convicted of a felony. Their eligibility shall be added to their identification card to be scanned and verified at entry.

At Fort Kezan,
Mira of Octavius-Aryani
Count Palatine of Kezan

Count Palatine of Kezan
Khanum of Cabbagefall

Mira Octavius-Aryani

Comital Decree Nº 15 - Imperial Coordination

COMITAL DECREE Nº 15
Imperial Coordination

WHEREAS the Golden Mango Throne has chosen in its wisdom to augment imperial investment in County Palatine defenses and technological research,

LET IT BE KNOWN that:

• 1. Northern Command, Kezan Militia shall establish Joint Area Defense North to provide logistics and strategic support for the Terminal High Altitude Area Defence battery to be established within its jurisdiction.

2. Southern Command, Kezan Militia shall establish Joint Area Defense South to provide logistics and strategic support for the Terminal High Altitude Area Defense battery to be established within its jurisdiction.

3. Northern and Southern Commands shall consolidate existing area defense batteries under their respective Joint Area Defense facilities.

4. The Militia Bureau shall present a proposal to the Executive Council on extending the facilities at MoMA Station Akis to accommodate an increased Imperial Naval presence.

• 5. The Household Agency is directed to portion off Deep Research into a consolidated possession held in trust with the Rrakanychan Watch and the Imperial Order of Technomaezji. This does not include industrial possessions derived from Deep Research.

6. All overseas supervising personnel shall be required to comply with decontamination procedures when visiting active sites or they shall be barred from direct access.

At Fort Kezan,
Mira of Octavius-Aryani
Count Palatine of Kezan

Count Palatine of Kezan
Khanum of Cabbagefall

Mira Octavius-Aryani

Comital Decree Nº 16 - Charter for Deep Energy

COMITAL DECREE Nº 16
Charter for Deep Energy

IN RECOGNITION OF the persistent need for electrical generation despite the problems of environmental degredation, limited domestic options, overseas dependence, and strategic weaknesses presented by convential techniques,

LET IT BE KNOWN that:

1. All electricity generated within the County Palatine shall be exclusively generated by Deep means by the end of the year Sixteen Forty Seven ab Nortone.
  2. Deep electrical generation sites shall be maintained by a chartered corporation under the supervision of the Infrastructure Bureau.
  3. Auxilliary sources of electricity shall be maintained for emergency purposes.
  4. A strategic reserve of fuels shall be created and managed by the Infrastructure Bureau for emergency purposes.
  5. Deep Energy shall receive the following charter and shall be charged with fulfilling the electrical generation requirements of this decree.

At Fort Kezan,
Mira of Octavius-Aryani
Count Palatine of Kezan
The Charter for Deep Energy
    • I. Formation and structure
  1. Deep Energy, also referred to as the "corporation", is a chartered corporation.
  2. -
    1. A board of directors shall act as the governing body of the corporation. The Board of Directors may adopt bylaws, policies, and procedures that it considers necessary for the management and operation of the corporation.
    2. The Board shall have ten directors.
    3. A director shall have a term of office of two years and may be reappointed.
    4. Vacancies in the Board of Directors shall be filled according to the vote of the corporation's shareholders.
    5. The Board of Directors shall appoint a Director of Deep Energy.
    6. A quorum of six directors, including the Director of Deep Energy, shall be required for voting decisions.
  3. Officers of the corporation shall include a chief executive officer and a chief operating officer, who shall be appointed by the Board of Directors and who shall serve at the pleasure of the Board; and other such officers as provided in the bylaws of the corporation.
  4. Setec Kezan Ltd shall be entrusted with taking whatever steps are necessary to establish the corporation, including:
    1. initial appointment of a chief executive officer and chief operating officer, who shall establish provisional bylaws for the corporation and serve as its Board of Directors until all members of the Board of Directors have been appointed;
    2. transfer of appropriate properties and facilities from Setec Kezan Ltd in order to fulfil the functions of the corporation;
    3. Selection of five initial members of the Board of Directors; and
    4. file for incorporation with the Imperial Office of Bounties and Factorage.
  5. The corporation shall be authorized to issue public stock for the purpose of raising capital. Half of its initial stock shall be issued to Setec Kezan Ltd in compensation for providing property, materials, and personnel during the incorporation period.
  6. The corporation shall have the authority to:
    1. acquire, own, lease, and dispose of property;
    2. make contracts; and
    3. do any other act necessary or convenient to carrying out the activities of the corporation.
  7. The corporation shall have as its sign the attached logo:

II. Obligations of the Corporation
  8. The corporation shall function to:
    1. construct and operate generating stations;
    2. provide electrical power to the population of the County Palatine at no cost;
    3. produce industrial products from excess electrical output;
    4. supply the the Kezan Strategic Fuel Reserve with pure fuel products; and
    5. sell excess industrial products for a profit.
  9. The corporation shall exclusively generate electricity by "Deep" means, herein defined as using paired interdimensional conduits to circumvent conservation of energy and produce electricity at no cost beyond maintenance of machinery.
  10. Generating stations constructed and operated by the corporation shall be afforded Restricted Access protection by the Security Bureau. All on-site employees of the corporation shall be vetted by the Security Bureau, who will grant access.
  11. The corporation shall be forbidden from taking any steps that will compromise the security and integrity of this dimensional plane.
  12. The corporation shall be obligated to contain and account for any adverse effect that its property and operations have on the environment.
  13. The Infrastructure Bureau's Power Management Office shall have oversight over the operations of the corporation and its board, with the authority to intervene as necessary.

III. Dissolution of the Corporation
  14. On dissolution of the corporation, all property shall be held in trust by the Infrastructure Bureau's Power Management Office, who shall dispose of that property as necessary to compensate shareholders.
  15. The corporation may be dissolved by two means:
    1. Initiated by the Power Management Office, due to a failure to fulfill its obligations.
    2. Initiated by the Board of Directors and approved by a vote of the shareholders.

Count Palatine of Kezan
Khanum of Cabbagefall

Mira Octavius-Aryani

Comital Decree Nº 17 - Activation, Case White

COMITAL DECREE Nº 17
Activation, Case White

LET IT BE KNOWN that:

• (1) The County Palatine of Kezan is now in a Watch Status.

(2) All Militia Reserve Units are now on standby. All Reservists are directed to their Ward Militia Station for instructions and equipment.

(3) All Civil Protection Units are now on standby.

(4) Regular updates shall be provided via the Emergency Warning System every four hours under the category of Watch alerts.

(5) All command elements are to begin executing procedures for Case White.

At Fort Kezan,
Mira of Octavius-Aryani
Count Palatine of Kezan

Count Palatine of Kezan
Khanum of Cabbagefall

Mira Octavius-Aryani

Comital Decree Nº 18 - Consolidation, Expansion of Household

COMITAL DECREE Nº 18
Consolidation, Expansion of Household Guard

FOR THE PURPOSE OF consolidating guard units in the Household Agency and expand its functions.

LET IT BE KNOWN that:

• (1) The Household Agency shall reorganize all escort and security personnel for House Octavius into the Octavius Household Guard, hereafter referred to as the Household Guard.

(2) The Household Guard shall be responsible for providing security for all members of House Octavius, both local and abroad, as well as providing security for all properties of the Household Agency, both local and abroad.

(3) The Household Guard shall provide the following services:
    • (a) Escort Service, personal protection for all members of House Octavius, locally and abroad, and state visitors to the County Palatine, as well as area security for Honour Seats and other Household residences;
      (b) Security Service, security for Household properties, locally and abroad, as well as other locations designated for that level of security, operating in conjunction with the Ministry of State Security Bureau;
      (c) Overseas Service, combat functions outside of the County Palatine in coordination with the Golden Mango Throne and supported by the Kezan Militia;
      (d) Detached Service, functions outside of designated areas of jurisdiction.

(4) Each Service of the Household Guard shall organize its personnel into combined-role Companies, with designated functions and areas of jurisdiction.

(5) Prospective members of the Household Guard shall meet the following requirements for consideration:
    • (a) Residency registration within the County Palatine,
      (b) Completion of service obligation,
      (c) Security screening by the Ministry of State Security Bureau,
      (d) Advanced Qualification from the Kezan Militia in relevant skills.

At Fort Kezan,
Mira of Octavius-Aryani
Count Palatine of Kezan

Count Palatine of Kezan
Khanum of Cabbagefall

Mira Octavius-Aryani

Comital Decree Nº 19 - Dispatch of Overseas Service Guards

COMITAL DECREE Nº 19
Dispatch of Overseas Service Guards

LET IT BE KNOWN that:

• (1) The Overseas Service of the Household Guard shall deploy the following units to participate in Operation Hosea:
    • (a) A Company,
      (b) B Company,
      (c) C Company,
      (d) D Company,
      (d) the Specialist Support Company, and
      (e) the Operational Support Company

(2) The aforementioned units shall perform under operational authority of Nona Vasilica, Brevet Ducissa or successor operational commanders during their deployment.

At Fort Kezan,
Mira of Octavius-Aryani
Count Palatine of Kezan

Count Palatine of Kezan
Khanum of Cabbagefall

Mira Octavius-Aryani

Comital Decree Nº 20 - New Coat of Arms for City of Idassa

COMITAL DECREE Nº 20
New Coat of Arms for City of Idassa

LET IT BE KNOWN that the City of Idassa shall be granted a new Coat of Arms, which is described as follows:

Quarterly: 1st red with three golden annulets interlaced; 2nd and 3rd green with green bend sinister fimbriated red, charged by five red fleur-de-lis; 4th dimidiated per pale, first white with a black eagle, second blue with a white wheel. Field ensigned with a mural crown.

• (1) The Seal of the City of Idassa shall be the city's Coat of Arms encircled by a border of steel that is inscribed with two statements:
    • (a) η κομητεια παλατινη κεζανος
      (b) το αςτυ ιδαςςας;

(2) The Mayor of the City of Idassa shall have as a badge of office the city's Coat of Arms enameled in full color;

(3) The Clerk of the City of Idassa shall have as a badge of office the city's Coat of Arms in silver.

At Fort Kezan,
Mira of Octavius-Aryani
Count Palatine of Kezan
Seal of the City of Idassa

Count Palatine of Kezan
Khanum of Cabbagefall

Return to “County Palatine of Kezan”