How to trade?

Want to run a business, make money, look for a job or just chat about the latest stock prices? This is the place.
tobeyrowe

How to trade?

Post by tobeyrowe »

Hi, I am the president of the Republic of Stars which is in the voting stage of being approved to claim a group of islands near Free Cities to start the nation and I was wondering how my nation once approved would go about trading? like once I get the recourses from mining which my islands have oil how would I put the oil into a some sort of inventory online and how would I know how much I have so I can trade it between nations? if someone could answer these questions it will be most appreciated. thank you.

Raz
The Mikado, as played on catgut strings

Re: How to trade?

Post by Raz »

You seem to think we have a functioning trade system, there is none and while some people might want to take this opportunity to inform you that there are ideas and they might want to work them out I think you should just forget it. wish you the best of luck...

tobeyrowe

Post by tobeyrowe »

oh so you don't trade in micras?

Raz

Post by Raz »

No, we only do bitching here, and occasional stories and graphics.

Seoni Milharna
It has always been x, and there is no need to change that.

Post by Seoni Milharna »

Protip, Tobey: Don't listen to anything Rasmus says, either in- or out-of-character. He's one of those doom-and-gloom types that likes to disillusion everyone, especially the new people.
Seoni Miłarna
One of many Hālians

Markus Doltrue
Sea Elf, Sea Elf Run

Post by Markus Doltrue »

Your Highness Tobey,

Allow me to give you an explanation of the comments of the above two persons. One the Asian gentleman, other that blue extra-Micran gal. First of all, the vast majority of Erb/SCUE/whatever currency is controlled by Shireroth's Kaiser, some of the Dukes and their toadies (like Cabbage, etc.), and Shireroth's Ministry of Trade. This is the raw truth, and it means that most people do not make profitable exchanges, or indeed any exchanges, at all, anymore. This is because of the SCUE system and bank account structure, which is increasingly biased towards Shireroth and Andreas the Wise's former own micronation, which recently had its treasury acquired by Shireroth. Also, the Kaiser is 50% of the time either incompetent or insane, and a Minister of Trade is 90% of the time usually hamstrung by the latter or lacks vision. This usually means that the economy does not really work for most people. If you still interested in engaging in the economy, I would advise petitioning a Shirerithian Duke to be a patron in your little international trade scheme, from which that Duke will no doubt receive a generous cut, making the exchange financially unprofitable to you of course, but perhaps politically popular for you back in your homeland of the Republic of the, uh, Stars or wherever, where you can say that your nation is now engaging in international commerce with the nations of Micras on SCUE, the largest economic system.

There used to be something called MITO which was like SCUE but not with currency and just natural resources. It may still be online but nobody uses it anymore, preferring fictional amounts and calculations per the situation. Also Thadeus Melanje II (a cousin of mine) along with three other people came up with price list of $ to Erb conversions that may be more practical for your purposes. You'll have to find the link to that yourself, oops, I mean, have one of your Secretaries of State or research analysts find the link for you. It may be useful for your purposes, Your Excellency.

Signed,

ROBERTO MELANJE, Gentleman Commoner
Proprietor of Melanje Vineyards Corporation
Presently Located in Norfolk pending repatriation to Melangia

Ryker
The Third Ryke

Post by Ryker »

Tobey, I tried responding to your midnight PM but You didn't logon for a few days and (given the style of your name) I thought you were a bot or something. My bad.
Ryker00X
Ryker of the Sovereign Confederation
Head of House Redquill

Andreas the Wise

Post by Andreas the Wise »

Hi Tobey,

As others have said, there isn't really any functioning international trade at the moment. That said, there is the SCUE (which I see you've already applied to join), which means that your nation will be able to have a currency that's shared with a large number of other nations, so you can set up your own economy however you like while also interacting with other nations. Here are some ideas for things that you might like to buy/sell.

For other economic thoughts, I actually wrote an article on this recently which should be being published soon, I'll post a link when it is.
EDIT: Here it is http://www.micronationhistory.info/?p=6417
The character Andreas the Wise is on indefinite leave. But he does deserve a cool war ribbon.
However, this account still manages:
Vincent Waldgrave - Lord General of Gralus
Manuel - CEO of VBNC. For all you'll ever need.
Q - Director of SAMIN
Duke Mel'Kat - Air Pirate, Melangian, and Duke of the Flying Duchy of Glanurchy
Cla'Udi - Count of Melangia
Vur'Alm Xei'Bôn - Speaker of Nelaga, Minister of Interior Affairs, and a Micron

Raz

Post by Raz »

Seoni Milharna wrote:Protip, Tobey: Don't listen to anything Rasmus says, either in- or out-of-character. He's one of those doom-and-gloom types that likes to disillusion everyone, especially the new people.
Yes, I don't like the illusions around micronations, is that a problem? This hobby can be pretty decent without megalomania and other issues which belong in a psychiatric ward and not on the internet.

Raz

Post by Raz »

Roberto Melanje wrote:Allow me to give you an explanation of the comments of the above two persons. One the Asian gentleman, other that blue extra-Micran gal. First of all, the vast majority of Erb/SCUE/whatever currency is controlled by Shireroth's Kaiser, some of the Dukes and their toadies (like Cabbage, etc.), and Shireroth's Ministry of Trade. This is the raw truth,
If I'm not mistaken, Lord Cabbage has no SCUE account and he certainly does not control a vast amount of erb. I applaud you for being consistent in your approach to the truth over the years.

Return to “Economics”