Bovic Cathedral in Shirekeep

The often renovated, and not infrequently burnt, Prefectoral complex in the capital city of Shirekeep. Charged with the thankless task of civic administration in the most malodorous and ungovernable city ever conceived.

Moderators: (Shireroth) Prefect of Shirekeep, (Shireroth) Steward, (Shireroth) Kaiser

Kaiser Ayreon III
Gnawing Cannibal

Bovic Cathedral in Shirekeep

Post by Kaiser Ayreon III »

Finally! After three years of construction, the building of the Bovic cathedral in Shirekeep has finished. Soon, the Pentheros will inaugurate this temple, with the Natopian emperor and the Shirerithian kaiser in attendance.

The main architect behind this building was the Iserdia-born John Sigfrid Cyren, a member of the Tapferite Bovic minority in Elwynn. Sadly he died last year.
Ayreon III Аиреоон

Мирза Йоонатан Мерлинион Аиреоон-Калирион, Чайзыр Широон, Аран Адуреллион, Хвалафельлион, Кузирасион о ве Римеай, Амиресатхырати, Метробоусархоос Беначияй, Боусархоос Чипуун, Конде Сисин, Ярлыр Фростаричиай, Геш Шаахай Шаахаяй

Mirza Jonathan Merlingsson Ayreon-Kalirion, Kaiser of Shireroth, Prince of Elwynn, Hvalafell, Kujirashi-Walstadt and among the Lakes, Emir of Sathrati, Metrobosarch of Benacia, Bosarch of Shirekeep, Count Shishin, Jarl of Frostarike, Scion of the King of Kings

Naian the Evergreen

Re: Bovic Cathedral in Shirekeep

Post by Naian the Evergreen »

Jonathan and Naian were both standing on a platform on the steps of the Cathedral, waiting for the Pentheros to begin his ceremony.

"Cousin, this is a very interesting building. I regret the untimely death of Mr. Cyren, he has produced a beautiful structure, worthy of the Bovic faith. I'm always interested in the variety of Bovic church architecture, I'm very pleased that it has that timeless feeling and air of strong confidence that so many other buildings in Shirekeep have. I understand you took the initiative to begin the construction of this church here in Shirekeep. The Natopian Nation is indebted to you for your service of our religion. I must admit, you're a more devout Bovic than I am!"
Naian

Nathan

Neoptolemus

Post by Neoptolemus »

Neoptolemus arrived at the cathedral, wearing a simple white robe trimmed with silver thread, blue and orange cape, and a delicate silver yolk bent around his neck to stay in place. He faced the Emperor and Kaiser, bowed to them both, then walked up to each one to greet them personally.

"Your Majestic Niftiness, it is a great honor to be invited to this most august city to dedicate a Bovic place of worship. As you know Bovics have always been a provincial minority in Shireroth. You have done Bous' work here today by giving us such a monumental structure. Us Bovics are more content to let the cows wander into the barn instead of chasing after them; you've given us quite the appealing barn now!" he chuckled at his own joke before realizing he wasn't just talking to any other metrobosarch, "Oh but I meant to offense or to call this place a barn!" The Kaiser laughed and nodded.

"Your Most Bovic Majesty, I regret I wasn't able to join you for more of your state visit to this beautiful city. I urge you to visit Smjorkyr while you're here. Your father lived there for many years you know. I know you never met him, or really care to learn about him, but it might provide some insight into your role as emperor of the Natopians. Some in Iserdia still claim Tapferite ancestry, and although they have no allegiance to you, it would be good of you to visit all places where our mighty Nation has touched, for Iserdia was one of several places that the Natopian Nation lived on during our dark age." Naian nodded quickly, like listening to advice from a grandparent you had no intention of taking.

The Pentheros then walked up to the podium. The crowd had grown. Some wear wearing blue and orange, the Bovic colors, some were wearing styrofoam Butter Cow heads (not exactly blasphemous, he thought to himself, as long as it gets Bous out there I suppose) but most people were just there to watch.

"Beloved Calves,

Bovinism is intrinsically tied to Shireroth. The Butter Bull was carved in Smjorkyr. Nathan Waffel-Paine was assassinated in Elwynn allowing his resurrection in butter form. Now we are here in Shirekeep, our world's oldest capital, to consecrate and sanctify this new building. This cathedral will serve as the seat of the Bosarch of Shirekeep and I hereby name Kaiser Ayreon III to that position in addition to his role as Metrobosarch of all Benacia."

Neoptolemus then turned away from the crowd towards the altar set up behind him. He took the lid off a small, crystal butter dish. He scooped up a little on his finger, held it above his head and recited a prayer to himself. He then turned back to the crowd and addressed them.

"Bovics, please sing with me Come, come, ye fools:

Come, come, ye fools, no angst nor strangeness fear;
But with joy, milk the Bull!
Though hard to you this labour may appear,
Milk will touch every fool!
'Tis better far for us to strive
our useless cares from us to drive:
Do this, and milk your minds will swell -
All is well! All is well!

Why should we frown or think less of His horde?
'Tis not so; all is right.
Why should we think to earn a great reward
If we now shun the light?
Go up his loin, fresh courage take.
Our Bull will never us forsake;
And soon we'll have this tale to tell:

We'll find the place which He for us prepared,
all the way through His rest;
Where none shall come to hurt or make afraid;
There the fools will be blessed.
We'll milk the bull, our bodies sing,
Shout praises to our god and king;
Above the rest these words we'll tell:

And should we not appraise our Butter Bull,
Hate that day! Nothing's well!
We then are slaves to margarine and fools,
With the cursed we shall dwell!
But if our lives are spared again
To please the Bull, his milk obtain,
Oh how our hearts will surely swell --

Thank you my calves. Acow"

Neoptolemus then walked up the steps of the cathedral to one of the columns.

He smeared the butter on the stone and shouted, "O holy Bous! Come down to this place and bless your new barn! Bless this house of your people! Acow and acow and acow."

The Pentheros turned back to the crowd, bowed to them, and then gestured for the Kaiser to join him. "Please, your Niftiness, complete the ceremony by being the first to enter the new cathedral. It will cement the status of Bovinism as a religion for Shirerithians."

The Kaiser nodded to the Pentheros, then entered the cathedral. As soon as Ayreon was past the threshold, Neoptolemus turned back to the crowd and shouted:

"I hereby declare this house of Bous to be known as the Cathedral of Kaiser Ayreon III, now go forth my calves, and bask in Bous' glory!"
His Holiness, Neoptolemus
Pentheros of the Dozan Bovic Church

Played by Nathan

Kaiser Ayreon III
Gnawing Cannibal

Post by Kaiser Ayreon III »

For the Kaiser, it was such a surprise that the cathedral would bear his name. He quickly looked back, but seeing (and hearing) the cheers from the congregation following him inside the cathedral comforted him.

He felt so intimately connected with Bous. These moments were holy. He had to cherish them. When the whole horde of calves sang the hymn outside the cathedral, the tones and melodies sounding across Shirekeep, then the Kaiser knew nothing better.

Oh, how he loved his Bous. How he desired that milk.

A shorter service followed in the Cathedral, in the traditional rite. Immediately after, the Kaiser and his cousin, the Emperor, went to the train station and boarded a specially charted train to Ardashirshahr.
Ayreon III Аиреоон

Мирза Йоонатан Мерлинион Аиреоон-Калирион, Чайзыр Широон, Аран Адуреллион, Хвалафельлион, Кузирасион о ве Римеай, Амиресатхырати, Метробоусархоос Беначияй, Боусархоос Чипуун, Конде Сисин, Ярлыр Фростаричиай, Геш Шаахай Шаахаяй

Mirza Jonathan Merlingsson Ayreon-Kalirion, Kaiser of Shireroth, Prince of Elwynn, Hvalafell, Kujirashi-Walstadt and among the Lakes, Emir of Sathrati, Metrobosarch of Benacia, Bosarch of Shirekeep, Count Shishin, Jarl of Frostarike, Scion of the King of Kings

Return to “Prefect's Keep”