A Small Plane above Shirekeep

The often renovated, and not infrequently burnt, Prefectoral complex in the capital city of Shirekeep. Charged with the thankless task of civic administration in the most malodorous and ungovernable city ever conceived.

Moderators: (Shireroth) Prefect of Shirekeep, (Shireroth) Steward, (Shireroth) Kaiser

Verion
Ayn Rand's toyboy

A Small Plane above Shirekeep

Post by Verion »

Continued from http://bastionunion.org/forum/viewtopic ... 15&t=11946

Jack Lewis never felt this free before in his entire life. With the help of some faithful Icebearian servants, he had managed to charter this small plane. He flew directly to the city of Shirekeep. He knew that his destiny is there.

The plane flew through the blue skies, high above the clouds. Jack Lewis felt at easy. Finally. He couldn't be much closer to the Lord than he was now. He closed his eyes to say a silent prayer and thank the Lord of Ice for his mercy and his guidance in his life.

Sitting there in the cocpit of the plane, Lewis went through his plan once again. His accomplish lied in the back of the plane, he took his cyanide pill as asked. So far, everything went great.

Shirekeep was of course the final destination of the plane. He would make his final stand there.

The small private plane had now entered Goldshire airspace. In less than an hour, he would reach Shirekeep.

From out of his pocket, Jack Lewis took a small picture of the Lord. The Icebear had always been with him, but Lewis wanted a visible token of his presence now with him.

He switched Automatic Pilot on and closed his eyes again.

"Holy Lord, Divine Being". he prayed "You know that your servant is about to sacrifice everything today for you. Not because there would be something worthy in that act, for I know I am but a foul creatury, constantly going astray of your divine path. But today, I wish to show you my gratitude and obedience. I will now do something that will be in the hearts of all heathens for years. So that thine name may be glorified and feared. Oh Lord, give me strength and help me in what I am about to do. Make me courageous and strong."

Lewis opened his eyes. There it was before him: Shirekeep. The foulest of all cities. The city of heathens and of those who deny the truth of the Lord. Oh, how they will suffer in the Pool of Fire... The thought made Lewis shiver.

He took over controll of the plane again. These were the final moments. It had to be executed perfectly now. The plane descended towards the city. He flew past Raynor's keep with high speed, altitude was frightning low. He could almost hear the people on the streets scream and see them point towards the plane that came falling out of the sky.

There it was, the beacon of sin. Lewis had chosen a target that was a symbol of the Heathens in this city: the Cedrist temple. Standing there in the middle of Raynor's village, the people in the temple kept on blaspheming and spoiling Shirerithians with lies. That would end now...

"Oh Lord, Oh Icy Lord, I near my end and I near the end of the final task I had to do. I will die soon, Holy Icebear. Please, take me as thy servant and take me with you to the eternal plains of snow and ice."

Lewis pressed the button to switch on the intercom. His voice sounded trough the cocpit and all nearby pilots and airline personel could hear Lewis' final words.

In the name of the Lord, oh heathens, I tell you... Die!!!!

With a loud bang, the sound of thunder, the plane crashed into the east side of the Cedrist temple. The damage was huge. Half of the temple was blown away and a giant ball of fire rose up from the crash site. The screams of the dying and the sounds of explosions filled the sky.

Lewis didn't live to see it, he had given his life for the Lord....
Last edited by Verion on Mon Mar 03, 2014 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1.Titus Morvayne, Prefect of Shirekeep, Count of the Skyla Islands
2.Eki Aholibamah Verion, Queen in the North
3. Ludovic Verion, Lord of Blackstone and Governor-General of the Iron Company
4. Jeremy Harwinsson Archer, super sleuth

Kaiser Mo'll I

Re: A Small Plane above Shirekeep

Post by Kaiser Mo'll I »

As the smoke plume rose high above Shirekeep and the dead began to be dragged from the ruins and laid out in the streets, those clergy of the Temple lucky enough to have survived the catastrophe gathered in an adjacent building to confer. Some wore robes half-burned and were peppered with shrapnel wounds.

Among these surviving Priests were questions. Nothing but questions. Could it be the Cimmerian Bear Man? His malevolent disposition toward the Cedrists was well known. Had the latent aura of Quixy over his Cimmerian youth finally pushed him over the edge?

Surely, they said, this was an act of the Gods. It was the B0O0/\/\iest thing to happen in Shirekeep since the Goldshirians blew up the airport. The pure and unaldulterated voice of the Celestial Temple brought down upon their very heads. Yet why would the Gods take out their wrath upon their most devoted servants? Could it be that the Priests were complacent? Insufficiently fervent in their service to the Gods? Had this brought the Gods' disfavour upon the Priesthood with an even greater intensity than for the ignorant heathens themselves?

The more the Priests discussed the matter in their shocked state, the more they gathered arund this conclusion. Their zeal had slipped, and the fringes of the Gods' Own Nation on Micras had begun to turn deaf ears to the Celestial Word. This was their punishment, and one for which they were now resolved to atone.

Shyriath
CONDOLORD

Post by Shyriath »

Given that the Temple was blown up previously, the Gods must really be grumpy.
Shyriath Farstrider (aka Shyriath Bukolos), KD MOU OLH XBH
Viscount Farstrider of Erysisceptrum, Count Bukolos of the Condo, Harbinger of Cheese

TOTUS MUNDUS TABULAM RASAM EST

Mira Octavius-Aryani

Post by Mira Octavius-Aryani »

I hope he waited until the plaster dried.

Count Palatine of Kezan
Khanum of Cabbagefall

Orion
Full of shi... err.. stars!

Post by Orion »

Meanwhile, others made ample use of the burning buildings....

Ryker
The Third Ryke

Post by Ryker »

By Cortallia! I could have prevented this. He flew right over Kingsgate; if I had been there- No, no, no! It's no one's fault. Pull yourself together Ryker! All you can do now is help them recover. *composes himself* The Duchy of Goldshire offers its assistance in the rebuilding of the damaged sections of Shirekeep as well as its most sincere condolences. I would happily find qualified individuals to stand in for the impaired/deceased victims until local replacements are accepted.

To Choygal Kamala: You do know that that smoke is partially from burning humans, right?
Ryker00X
Ryker of the Sovereign Confederation
Head of House Redquill

Tokaray al-Osman

Post by Tokaray al-Osman »

Choygal Kamala wrote:Meanwhile, others made ample use of the burning buildings....
Roasted over burnt acolyte for extra flavour.
Shyriath wrote:Given that the Temple was blown up previously, the Gods must really be grumpy.
And the UDF used it as an aiming point for the Omega Barrage. There is no rubble so fine as thrice bombed rubble.
His Imperial Magnificence Aurangzeb II Steffki, Kaiser of the Imperial Republic of Shireroth, Thane of the Shirelands, Keeper of the Apollo Legacy, Wielder of the Sword of Vengeance, Grand Master of the Orders of the Dragon, Griffin, Phoenix, and Chimera, Sovereign of the Golden Mango Throne.
Dr Tokaray al-Osman KBH, Commissioner of the Chamber of the Crypteia, Emir of Jadid Khaz Modan, Annexer of Yardistan

Kaiser Mo'll I

Post by Kaiser Mo'll I »

(Note to Prefect Shyriath - maybe it's worth rebuilding the Temple somewhere else in the city. The Gods obviously aren't too keen on having it in that particular spot)

Verion
Ayn Rand's toyboy

Post by Verion »

Tokaray al-Osman wrote:
Shyriath wrote:Given that the Temple was blown up previously, the Gods must really be grumpy.
And the UDF used it as an aiming point for the Omega Barrage. There is no rubble so fine as thrice bombed rubble.
I'll just assume that the temple was rebuilt for this occasion :posh:
1.Titus Morvayne, Prefect of Shirekeep, Count of the Skyla Islands
2.Eki Aholibamah Verion, Queen in the North
3. Ludovic Verion, Lord of Blackstone and Governor-General of the Iron Company
4. Jeremy Harwinsson Archer, super sleuth

Vilhelm Benkern

Post by Vilhelm Benkern »

I implore all Imperial States to ban this evil cult.
Vilhelm Benkern DEOMI, Member of the Order of the Dragon, Silver Swan, Red Dragon
Dirigent of Musica, Count of Mar Sara
In Aryasht Prapta Vrteti, former Prince of Aryasht; Zaila Vrteti, Norfolknath
In Elwynn Benjamin Sebasokrator Timothy Quentin Kern, Duke of Raikoth
In Khalypsil Representative of the Wisdom

Ryker
The Third Ryke

Post by Ryker »

Not in Kingsgate they're not. Whether or not you like them should have no effect of who gets to practice what (so long as no one gets hurt). If we open this can of worms (religious genocide) any more, we won't be any better that what Kai, Thadeus, etc. THINK Jingdao is. If we can ban this religion, then what (besides some kind folk out there) is to stop us from banning Cedrism or Suthra?
Ryker00X
Head of House Redquill

Vilhelm Benkern

Ryker wrote:Whether or not you like them should have no effect of who gets to practice what (so long as no one gets hurt).
They just blew up a temple through an act of terrorism? In other words, someone, some people are indeed already hurt and will continueto be at risk of hurt until this fanatical sect is brought low.
If we can ban this religion, then what (besides some kind folk out there) is to stop us from banning Cedrism or Suthra?
Suthra is not my concern. Cedrism is the very basis of Shirerithian culture, and isn't nearly as dangerous, and I say that as Dirigent in a city that is regularly burnt down to the ground, without fatalities for 300 years.
Vilhelm Benkern DEOMI, Member of the Order of the Dragon, Silver Swan, Red Dragon

Ryker
The Third Ryke

Post by Ryker »

The group itself did nothing of the sort. Two radical members should not ruin the bunch, there are bound to be some moderate members. Perhaps we'll see a reform in the near future.
Ryker00X
Head of House Redquill

Vilhelm Benkern

Apologists like you are the reason these cults are not safely under the thumb of noble rules such as the Prince of Elwynn, and instead wreak havoc across the Imperial Republic. If Kingsgate burns, you will know why!

Ryker
The Third Ryke

Post by Ryker »

No wood is used save the furniture anyway. All gold, marble, glass, bronze, ect.
Ryker00X
Head of House Redquill

Vilhelm Benkern

I envisage something like this:

Lyssansa Rossheim

Post by Lyssansa Rossheim »

Lichbrook's official stance is that while the Icebear himself is not intrinsically antisocial, many of his followers are and consequently will be observed or detained as circumstances dictate. Freedom of conscience if all very well, but history has proven that it is too easy for degenerating human brains to interpret the will of distant gods in ways suspiciously convenient for their more immediate social or political goals. Fortunately, we don't have this problem in Lichbrook, where at least one uncontroversersial deity is permanently resident.
Lyssansa
Queen of Minarboria
Queen of Lichbrook, Duchess of Brookshire

Princess and Lichgravine of Lywind, Baroness of Solecism

Ryker
The Third Ryke

Post by Ryker »

I'm not really concerned about the banning of Cedrism or Suthra. My point is that, if you ban this faith, all others ma be too; it is the fact that we have that power which scares me.
Ryker00X
Head of House Redquill

Return to “Prefect's Keep”