An Audience with the Demon-Goddess

Moderators: (Shireroth) Duke of Modan and Malarboria, (Shireroth) Steward, (Shireroth) Kaiser

Kizzy Drakland

An Audience with the Demon-Goddess

Post by Kizzy Drakland »

The snakes are very friendly.

Kizzy had returned from Amarr, having installed the fifth demon there and was scheduled to hear petitioners. There were many complaints to deal with, lots of boring legal entanglements left over from sudden loss of the lichs. Many residents were consider about the fate of the many lich-owned businesses whose employees were now uncertain of their futures.

One such petitioner was a baker, from Eriksburg, who entered Kizzy's throne room on his hands and knees crawling towards her, "O great goddess! O lady demon! I am but a humb--"

"Stop, just stop it. You're the 16th person to do that today and I am bored. I loved it the first ten times. The last five were tiring. But you, you just laid it on a bit too thick. Spoiled the whole thing. Tell me what do you want?"

"M-my bakery, or rather, the bakery I work at, was own by a lich and now--"

"Don't care! Do not care. You own it now, ok? You spoke up, you traveled here, so you own it. Give the details to my clerks and they'll transfer the deed. Next!"

The baker was confused as some guards grabbed him by the elbows and dragged him backwards.

The next man to appear before Kizzy was dressed in Bovic robes, she immediately recognized him as the same Bosarch she heard speaking in Merensk. He walked confidently up toward Kizzy, meeting her gaze, and then at an appropriate distance, bowed politely, "Your Niftiness, Queen Kizzy."

Kizzy was impressed, "You obviously eavesdropped."

The Bosarch nodded, "Yes."

"You Bovics, you are chameleons. Tricky and conniving, but not quite enough to make people distrust you. You know, I was considering banning all Bovics from my Domain. Your presence here only reminded me of it."

The Bosarch smiled, "And if you do, Bous will smear his blessings elsewhere. Malarboria is like a warm, toasty, bagel. It yearns for butter to seep into it."

"Gross! You're gross. And I'm a goddamn demon goddess and you're being gross. Stop it and talk normally."

The Bosarch's face fell, "The Holy Pentheros originally sent 13 bosarchs to these lichlands to preach our religion. The people of Merensk have accepted me. The Bosarch sent to Litel found no one willing to listen to him and has returned to Athlon. The Bosarch sent to Gloomvale listened more than he talked, and has crossed over into Mishalan and now marches under the Red Bear."

Kizzy laughed, "Fine men your pentheros sent."

The Bosarch coughed, "The two Bosarchs sent to Lywall and Siyachia have not returned, nor has anyone heard from them. I... I need your help to look for them."

Kizzy stood up and clutched the hilt of the Sword of Fire causing it to ignite, "You... dare... ask me for help?" she held the sword up and its flames grew bigger, she pointed it at the bosarch and the flames stretched out singed the hem of his robes, then she sat down and let go of the sword, "What's in it for me?"

The bosarch regained his composure, "What's in it for you? Well, you seem to be trying to start a religion here. Aside from importing some demons you haven't done much to establish your Coven."

"What's to establish? It's quite easy, all the Malarborians have to do it love me. Easy."

"And I'm sure they do. Bovinism is a positive religion, very much like the Coven of the Sun, I assume. Aside from generic platitudes, I don't quite know what the Coven's creeds are. The Bovic Church is quite adaptive, we prefer the term syncretic, not chameleons."

"I said Bovic people were chameleons, not the Church," Kizzy interrupted.

"Well, the Church has in the past, allowed for certain.... liberties... in regard to dogma and doctrine if it ultimately allows for people to find peace through Bous."

"Is Bous a jealous god? Because I am. You will not co-opt my coven or my sibyls. You will not come in here and pollute my people with your soured milk. Your men? In Siyachia and Lywall? Dead, probably. I don't care, and you didn't either, you plotting little Mehl-puppet! Bovinism is the faith of the Mehl, and the Mehl are the perpetrators of genocide upon the Draconians! I would sooner fall on the Sword of Life than provide aid to you. You and your butter-smearers will be expelled, and ..."

The bosarch stared at Kizzy, "The Kaiser is set to be baptized in milk. How will you explain that to him? He who adores you for some reason. And, of course your grandchildren will be baptized too."

Kizzy's rage had blinded her to the reality of her situation. The Kaiser was fond of her, and she wanted to continue to nurture that friendship. And if she had any hope of ever seeing her grandchildren she could not outright ban their religion, she looked back at the bosarch, "What do you want?"

"Tolerance. Permission for a Bovic cathedral in each Region. And in exchange, we will... exclude from our dogma here in Malarboria that Nett Opaegh is a "Venerable Person" as designated by the Dozan Church."

Kizzy waited for several seconds, "And?"

"And instead we'll teach that you are a Venerable Person."

"And you better have more than that to offer. Like, how about you use goat milk and butter instead of cow?"

"But Bous... has always shown itself as a bovine. It... it is imcompatible, it's confusing, it's... perverse."

"Well then, now that you say it's perverse, I really want you to use goat milk!"

"Our churches here might be excommunicated from Doza... the Pentheros himself might declare us apostates..."

Kizzy's smile grew even larger, "Oh! Oh please stop, this all sounds so wonderful! A rogue Capri-Bovic sect, spitting in the face of the right here in my Malarboria. I love it! "

"At that point, are we even Bovics..."

Kizzy was delighting in the bosarch's crisis, "Go, if you still want your churches here under those conditions, take a squadron of 20 guards! Go find your dead men in the wastes of Siyachia and Lywall, if they are alive, you'll need them to help you build your perverse sect of goat-milk-drinking cow-worshipers," Kizzy cackled as she walked out of the room, clearly done hearing petitions for the day.
Kizzy Drakland
Demon-Queen of the Community of Goëtia

Nathan

Return to “Lachmodan”