LOA

All is fair in love, war, and the off-topic forum.

Moderator: ari

Noor bint Daniyal

Re: LOA

Post by Noor bint Daniyal »

Ivo Angus wrote:I'VE GOT THE OFFICIAL RESULTS OF MY EXAMS => I'VE NOW COMPLETELY MET THE OFFER I WAS GIVEN! :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party:
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY
Congratulations! I have somehow missed what you're going to study! Tell moi pliiiiz
Noor as-Salaam
NOOR AS-SALAAM BINT DANIYAL UMRA SULEIMAN AYREON-KALIRION IBN AL-MAJEED AL-OSMAN BIN SATHRATI AF ETTLINGUM FREYU UMM ZAHIR AL-DIN OF WAFFEL-PAINE
Queen of Goldshire, the Elian Lands, Leng, Elwynn, Amokolia and Uppland

Verion
Ayn Rand's toyboy

Post by Verion »

Why Kent?
1.Titus Morvayne, Prefect of Shirekeep, Count of the Skyla Islands
2.Eki Aholibamah Verion, Queen in the North
3. Ludovic Verion, Lord of Blackstone and Governor-General of the Iron Company
4. Jeremy Harwinsson Archer, super sleuth

Ivo Angus

Post by Ivo Angus »

Thank you <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 You're all such wanderful people!

Jack, I've researched all the universities with applicable courses (I actually created quite a huge spreadsheet) and it turned out Kent was the best option. This will now sound way too posh (sorry for that :D), but I also declined an offer from Edinburgh :D

Jonas
Lord of the Fries

Post by Jonas »

Congrats!

This will now sound way too posh (sorry for that :D), but I also declined an offer from Edinburgh :D

I assume Edinburgh has a good reputation? It's weird to see people talk about getting into certain universities. In my country that's not really a thing people care about. =p
Important characters:
Frederik Alfons des Vinandy-Paravel, King of Batavia
Joseph Bartholomeus des Vinandy-Windsor, Prince-Regent of Batavia
Jin San, Diwang of Jingdao, Duke of Kildare

Continuator
"The devil in the details"

Post by Continuator »

Jonas wrote:Congrats!

This will now sound way too posh (sorry for that :D), but I also declined an offer from Edinburgh :D

I assume Edinburgh has a good reputation? It's weird to see people talk about getting into certain universities. In my country that's not really a thing people care about. =p
Presumably because it doesn't cost you continentals £9,000+ a year for tuition fees alone. If Brits are going to be saddled with that much debt, they really can't afford not to care about the standard of the university they go to.

Noor bint Daniyal

Post by Noor bint Daniyal »

Yeah but for Ivo he could study for free in Edinburgh but pay 9k a year for Kent...
Noor as-Salaam
NOOR AS-SALAAM BINT DANIYAL UMRA SULEIMAN AYREON-KALIRION IBN AL-MAJEED AL-OSMAN BIN SATHRATI AF ETTLINGUM FREYU UMM ZAHIR AL-DIN OF WAFFEL-PAINE
Queen of Goldshire, the Elian Lands, Leng, Elwynn, Amokolia and Uppland

Continuator

Post by Continuator »

Noor bint Daniyal wrote:Yeah but for Ivo he could study for free in Edinburgh but pay 9k a year for Kent...
No, he couldn't.
The Student Awards Agency for Scotland (SAAS) will pay these fees if you meet eligibility conditions; for example, if you are a Scottish resident and/or a qualifying non-UK EC student.

If you come from the Rest of the UK (RUK), universities in Scotland will charge you variable fees up to a maximum of £9,000 just like England and Wales.
Another example of the modern constitutional settlement being an anti-English racket. =p

Fjorleif

Post by Fjorleif »

Thorgils Tarjeisson wrote:
Noor bint Daniyal wrote:Yeah but for Ivo he could study for free in Edinburgh but pay 9k a year for Kent...
No, he couldn't.
The Student Awards Agency for Scotland (SAAS) will pay these fees if you meet eligibility conditions; for example, if you are a Scottish resident and/or a qualifying non-UK EC student.

If you come from the Rest of the UK (RUK), universities in Scotland will charge you variable fees up to a maximum of £9,000 just like England and Wales.
Another example of the modern constitutional settlement being an anti-English racket. =p
Ivo is from Bulgaria...
Fjǫrleif Llængjarla of the Houses of Ayreon-Kalirion and of the Descendants of Freyja
High Priestess of the Mackerel Temple
Princess of Elwynn
Princess of Anun
Countess of Northshire, of Arietta, and of the Lady Esther Isles

Fjorleif

Post by Fjorleif »

Jonas wrote:I assume Edinburgh has a good reputation? It's weird to see people talk about getting into certain universities. In my country that's not really a thing people care about. =p
You are so lucky to live in a country where it doesn't matter too much whether one graduates from Ghent University or University of Hasselt or from any other state recognized institute of higher learning for the difference in prestige and value between degrees is negligible.
Fjǫrleif Llængjarla of the Houses of Ayreon-Kalirion and of the Descendants of Freyja
Princess of Elwynn
Princess of Anun

Continuator

Post by Continuator »

Fjorleif wrote:
Thorgils Tarjeisson wrote:
No, he couldn't.

Ivo is from Bulgaria...
He'll correct me if I'm wrong but I was under the impression that, although that is true, he's naturalised/resident in England.

Jonas
Lord of the Fries

Post by Jonas »

Fjorleif wrote:
Jonas wrote:I assume Edinburgh has a good reputation? It's weird to see people talk about getting into certain universities. In my country that's not really a thing people care about. =p
You are so lucky to live in a country where it doesn't matter too much whether one graduates from Ghent University or University of Hasselt or from any other state recognized institute of higher learning for the difference in prestige and value between degrees is negligible.
I believe the Dutch have also some kind of system which makes studying more expensive? I remember that there were quite a lot of foreigners studying at my school because it was a lot cheaper (and that's including the payments for renting a chamber in Brussels).
Important characters:
Frederik Alfons des Vinandy-Paravel, King of Batavia
Joseph Bartholomeus des Vinandy-Windsor, Prince-Regent of Batavia
Jin San, Diwang of Jingdao, Duke of Kildare

Fjorleif

Post by Fjorleif »

Thorgils Tarjeisson wrote:He'll correct me if I'm wrong but I was under the impression that, although that is true, he's naturalised/resident in England.
Ah, I see. :-D

It is time for Ivo then to get himself a fake address in a middle-of-nowhere Bulgarian village then. :wink:
Princess of Elwynn
Princess of Anun

Fjorleif

Post by Fjorleif »

Jonas wrote:I believe the Dutch have also some kind of system which makes studying more expensive? I remember that there were quite a lot of foreigners studying at my school because it was a lot cheaper (and that's including the payments for renting a chamber in Brussels).
Very much so. Rents for rooms in university cities are perversely high and costs for a higher education are skyrocketing, because the political fools in The Hague want to imitate the situation in the United States forcing students to go into (huge) debt.
Princess of Elwynn
Princess of Anun

Continuator

Post by Continuator »

Fjorleif wrote:
Thorgils Tarjeisson wrote:He'll correct me if I'm wrong but I was under the impression that, although that is true, he's naturalised/resident in England.
Ah, I see. :-D

It is time for Ivo then to get himself a fake address in a middle-of-nowhere Bulgarian village then. :wink:
I believe that little dodge is already a popular one.

Ivo Angus

Post by Ivo Angus »

Just to mention, I'm a Bulgarian and I've never (actually) ever left the country. Which means, unfortunately I've never visisted the UK either. BUT will! :P

Return to “Heavenly Emperor Hug-and-Slug Emporium”