My new vision for Brookshire

Moderators: (Shireroth) Steward, (Shireroth) Kaiser, (Shireroth) Duke of Brookshire

Mira Raynora Major
Bathtub Philosopher

My new vision for Brookshire

Post by Mira Raynora Major »

The following map depicts my new vision for Brookshire:

The red areas represent the Lichdom of Brookshire, a slightly smaller and more coherent version of the current Kingdom. The pink areas- Monty Crisco, Kralizec and Azarea- will be autonomous feudal vassals of the Lichdom.

The Lichdom of Brookshire will be further subdivided into three regions:
  • The Principality of Lichshire
  • The Marquessate of Modan-Lach
  • The County of Lywind
Unlike the former counties, these new regions will be organised along ethnolinguistic lines, as this second map indicates:

The coloured areas represent the distribution of the three recognised ethnolinguistic groups: dark blue for the Shire English; light blue for the Lywind English; and orange for the Laqi. The map is based upon an earlier one created by Maximos for the Barony of K'Tzuni, although I have made some minor adjustments where his map is contradicted by more recent information (for example, I have shown Ž as a Laqi majority area, as is stated in the wiki article, although the original map depicted it as a Lywind English-speaking territory).

The other main change concerns the system of government: whereas the current Kingdom is a fairly conventional monarchy that just happens to be ruled by a person who is also a lich, the Lichdom, as its name suggests, will be a formal necrarchy. In other words, I will be applying the concept of "the state as phylactery", which I originally developed for Caverden/Overdolor, to the entire kingdom.
Mira Raynora the Elder
Queen of Lichbrook, Duchess of Brookshire
Lichgravine of Overdolor, Countess of Caverden and Woodshire
Cedrist Demi-Goddess of Undead and Regional Autonomy

Return to “Duchy of Brookshire”