Ducal Edicts

Moderators: (Shireroth) Steward, (Shireroth) Kaiser, (Shireroth) Duke of Brookshire

Mira Raynora Major
Bathtub Philosopher

Ducal Edicts

Post by Mira Raynora Major »

Know that we, the Limbs of the Duke of Brookshire, in accordance with the Contract of Governance, hereby Proclaim and Ordain this Edict, effective immediately;
EDL-I

1. We hereby restore the Barony of Greater Lakhesis as a fief of the Duchy of Brookshire.

a. The Barony of Lakhesis shall consist of the Nation of Lakhesis and the Counties of Amarr and Highpass.

b. The Barony of Lakhesis shall be held and organised in accordance with the wishes of the Hon. Count Lakhesis and the Hon. Count Amarr.

2. We hereby establish the Marquessate of Overdolor as a fief of the Duchy of Brookshire.

a. The Marquessate of Overdolor shall consist of the Lichgraviate of Caverden and the County of Woodshire.

b. The Marquessate of Overdolor shall be held by the Lichgravine of Caverden, who shall have the title of Marchioness of Overdolor and rank as a Baron of Brookshire.

3. The Barony of Greater Lakhesis and the Marquessate of Overdolor are hereby granted limited autonomy within the Duchy and neither the Duke nor zir agents shall interfere in their internal governance.

Signed by my Hand at the Sun Palace in the Year MMMMDLXXIX Ab Sectora Condita,
Anthrazita Leijchwittchen, Lichgravine of Caverden, Limb of the Duke".
Mira Raynora the Elder
Queen of Lichbrook, Duchess of Brookshire
Lichgravine of Overdolor, Countess of Caverden and Woodshire
Cedrist Demi-Goddess of Undead and Regional Autonomy

Malliki

Re: Ducal Edicts

Post by Malliki »

Isn't there a risk of confusion if you call Overdolor a marquessate since that is an official duchy title?
Malliki Tosha
Acting Xonuti of the Free State of Sanilla
Poluti Poki'i of Sanilla

Mira Raynora Major
Bathtub Philosopher

Well...technically baron is also an official duchy title, given that the other limb is styled 'Baron(ess) of Hamlet', but I do take your point. Personally I'm not fond of the title of baron, given the confusion it causes in individuals unfamiliar with Shirerothian traditions (even if, etymologically speaking, having barons outrank counts isn't necessarily as daft as it may first appear)...so perhaps the best compromise is to apply my existing (and unique) title of lichgravine to Overdolor (only this time, equating it to baron rather than count).
Mira Raynora the Elder

Malliki

Post by Malliki »

Perhaps "Lichbaronie"?
Malliki Tosha
Poluti Poki'i of Sanilla

Mira Raynora Major
Bathtub Philosopher

Mmm...if I'm honest, I just don't find "lichbaron" (or similar terms) as pleasing as "lichgrave". So if I must distinguish between my baronial and comital titles, then I could always adopt a superior version of the latter, such as "archlichgrave".

Personally though, I think I should just stick with "lichgravine", as that sounds rather better...
Mira Raynora the Elder

Mira Raynora Major
Bathtub Philosopher

Know that we, the Limbs of the Duke of Brookshire, in accordance with the Contract of Governance, hereby Proclaim and Ordain this Edict, effective immediately;
EDL-II

1. The Marquessate of Overdolor is hereby renamed the Lichgraviate of Overdolor.

2. The Lady of Overdolor shall have the title of Lichgravine instead of Marchioness, but shall continue to rank as a Baron of Brookshire.

Signed by my Hand at the Sun Palace in the Year MMMMDLXXXI Ab Sectora Condita,
Anthrazita Leijchwittchen von Rossheim, Lady of Overdolor, Limb of the Duke.
Mira Raynora the Elder

Malliki

Post by Malliki »

Countersigned.

Could you post a version where sections 1 and 3 are included from the original edict?
Malliki Tosha
Poluti Poki'i of Sanilla

Mira Raynora Major
Bathtub Philosopher

Like this?
EDL-I/II

1. We hereby restore the Barony of Greater Lakhesis as a fief of the Duchy of Brookshire.

a. The Barony of Lakhesis shall consist of the Nation of Lakhesis and the Counties of Amarr and Highpass.

b. The Barony of Lakhesis shall be held and organised in accordance with the wishes of the Hon. Count Lakhesis and the Hon. Count Amarr.

2. We hereby establish the Lichgraviate of Overdolor as a fief of the Duchy of Brookshire.

a. The Lichgraviate of Overdolor shall consist of the Lichgraviate of Caverden and the County of Woodshire.

b. The Lichgraviate of Overdolor shall be held by the Lichgravine of Caverden, who shall have the title of Lichgravine of Overdolor and rank as a Baron of Brookshire.

3. The Barony of Greater Lakhesis and the Lichgraviate of Overdolor are hereby granted limited autonomy within the Duchy and neither the Duke nor zir agents shall interfere in their internal governance.

Signed by my Hand at the Sun Palace in the Year MMMMDLXXXI Ab Sectora Condita,
Anthrazita Leijchwittchen von Rossheim, Lichgravine of Caverden, Limb of the Duke.

Countersigned,
Malliki Tosha, Count of the Nation of Lakhesis, Limb of the Duke.
Mira Raynora the Elder

Malliki

Post by Malliki »

Yep, looks good.
Malliki Tosha
Poluti Poki'i of Sanilla

Mira Raynora Major
Bathtub Philosopher

EDL-III

1. The Island of Benacia is a traditional district of Brookshire, awarded to Yardistan by the Adelsraad without regard for the ties of culture, history and sentiment binding it to this Duchy.

2. The Duchy of Brookshire is, however, willing to renounce its claim to the Island of Benacia in exchange for the cession of Nee and Musica, together with recognition of Brookshire’s ownership of those small islands to the south of the Benacian mainland over which the Dukes of Brookshire have traditionally exercised lordship.

Signed by my Hand at the Sun Palace in the Year MMMMDLXXXV Ab Sectora Condita,
Anthrazita Leijchwittchen von Rossheim, Lichgravine of Overdolor, Limb of the Duke.

Countersigned,
Malliki Tosha, Count of the Nation of Lakhesis, Limb of the Duke.
Mira Raynora the Elder

Return to “Duchy of Brookshire”