Edict and Decrees Archive

Moderators: (Shireroth) Steward, (Shireroth) Kaiser, (Shireroth) Duke of Brookshire

Spraki

Edict and Decrees Archive

Post by Spraki »

(not sure if any of them still stand but...)

Edict 3385-1

The duchy has a new Duke. Now, the Duchy needs a new Steward. Or old. Just a Steward. But calling the Steward of Brookshire Steward is a bit too standard. What else could be used that is both traditional and nifty? The result is this:

I hereby create Baron Dolor MARQUESS OF GOLDSHIRE (the title is subject to change if Erik objects to the use of Goldshire).

The Marquess shall be addressed "The Most Honorable The Marquess of Goldshire" or "Lord Goldshire", or any ordinary name that the Marquess finds suitable.

The Marquess shall be the second highest noble of Shireroth, second only to the Duke. He shall have the following powers and privileges:

A. Serve as leader of Brookshire when the Duke is on a leave of absence or is otherwise unavailable for more than 48 hours.

B. Inherit the Brookshirian throne after the current Duke. If the Duke is unavailable via normal methods of communication for a continuous period of 30 days or more without a stated reason, the Marquess shall ascend the ducal throne.

Done this Ifniday, the 18th of Vanchauslurk, 3385 ASC.

As Duke of Brookshire, I hereby establish and ordain this

CHARTER OF BROOKSHIRE

Chapter I - Territory and Basic Rules
Article 1 - The Duchy of Brookshire comprises the Barony of Dolor, the Barony of K'Tzuni, the Barony of Lakhesis, the Barony of Ynnraile and the Barony of Vorpmadal.

Article 2 - The name of each barony may be changed by the ruling Baron with consent from the Duke.

Chapter II - The Duke
Article 3 - The Duke is vested with supreme executive, legislative and judicial powers in the duchy.

Article 4 - The Duke is only subject to this Charter and imperial law. No person or entity in the Duchy may take any action that limits the supreme powers of the Duke.

Article 5 - The Duke may issue edicts concerning any aspect of Brookshire, be it political, cultural, social or any other matter.

Article 6 - All Barons are created by the Duke and must comply with any rules and limitations ordered at any time by the Duke.

Article 7 - The Duke promulgates all bills passed by the Kehl.

Article 8 - The Duke may veto any bill passed by the Kehl. A bill that has been vetoed may not be introduced again in the Kehl for two months. The Duke may also veto parts of any passed bill. The Duke must motivate each veto in the Kehl.

Chapter III - The Marquess of Goldshire
Article 9 - The Duke may, at any time, create a Brookshirian noble of baronial or higher rank Marquess of Goldshire.

Article 10 - Marquess of Goldshire is a non-landed title.

Article 11 - The Marquess is the designated heir to the throne of Brookshire, and shall succeed the ruling Duke upon his abdication or death.

Article 12 - The Marquess shall act as Steward of Brookshire when the Duke is on a declared leave of absence or when the Duke has not posted or replied to any normal mean of communication for 48 hours.

Article 13 - The Marquess may not repeal or amend any edict, save for edicts issued by the Marquess.

Article 14 - The Marquess shall chair the meetings of the Kehl, tally votes and keep order.

Chapter IV - The Kehl
Article 15 - Sec are granted to the Kehl.

Article 16 - All barons of Brookshire are considered Lords of the Kehl and are allowed to suffix their titles with the abbreviation LK.

Article 17 - The Kehl may pass bills and resolutions. Bills are acts that establish law within the Duchy. Resolutions are acts that communicates the opinion of the Kehl on certain issues. Resolutions do not establish law.

Article 18 - The Kehl may not take any action that violates this Charter, an edict or imperial law.

Article 19 - Every baron must have an equal voice in the Kehl.

Article 20 - The Kehl is free to make its own rules of procedure without interference from the Duke.

Chapter V - Amending the Charter
Article 21 - This Charter may be amended by the Duke at any time.

Article 22 - This Charter may be amended by a majority of all the Lords of the Kehl, and consent from the Duke.
-----

Signed this Gahqday, the 25th of Vanchauslurk, 3392 ASC.

[Edited Article 22, majority rule and wording]

Edict III-3393

By the power vested in me as Duke of Brookshire, I hereby establish the following:

Section 1. There shall be a knightly order in the Duchy of Brookshire named the Order of the Northern Star, here after called the Order.

Section 2. The Duke of Brookshire shall be Grand Master of the Order.

Section 3. The Duke may induct any Shirerithian citizen of good standing into the Order for, primarily, exceptional service to the Duchy or Shireroth in general.

Section 4. The Order shall be divided into three classes:

4.1 Knight
4.1.1 A Knight of the Order is entitled to be addressed "Sir" or "Dame" and suffix his or her name and title with KNS.

4.2 Companion
4.2.1 A Companion of the Order is entitled to suffix his or her name and title with CNS.

4.3 Member
4.3.1 A Member of the Order is entitled to suffix his or her name and title with MNS.

Section 5. The Duke may at any time issue further rules regarding the operations of the Order.

Signed this Somnisday, the 26th of Vanchauslurk, 3393 ASC.

1. The Lord of Goldshire, AKA Erik Mortis, is hereby inducted into the Order of the Northern Star in the class of Companion for his long and dedicated service to Shireroth in general and Brookshire in particular,

2. The Lord K'Tzuni, AKA Maksym Hadjimehmetov, is hereby inducted into the Order of the Northern Star in the class of Member for his exceptional contributions to Brookshire in the areas of culture and politics.

Signed this Morsday, the 28th of Vanchauslurk, 3395 ASC.

Edict V: Concerning titles

1. The titles that are recognized within Brookshire are Duke, Marquess, Baron and Count, in order of precedence.

2. Only Dukes, Marquesses and Barons are addressed as "Lord".

3. The Duke is addressed "His Grace the Lord (of) Brookshire or [Last name]".

4. The Marquess is addressed "The Most Honorable Lord (of) Goldshire or [Last name]".

5. Barons are addressed "The Right Honorable Lord (of) [Subdivision] or [Last name]".

6. Counts are addressed "The Honorable Count [Subdivision] or [Last name]".

7. There is no legal obligation to address title holders with their formal title. No one may use a title without having one.

8. Only the Duke may bestow the titles of Marquess and Baron within Brookshire,

Signed this Losday, the 5th of H'Graasreign, 3400 ASC.

The Count of Highpass, AKA Oze, is hereby inducted into the Order of the Northern Star in the class of Member for his exceptional cultural work, especially his wonderful story-telling and county building.

Signed this Arisday, the 9th of H'Graasreign, 3404 ASC.

With the recent events in Shireroth, and certain statements made by various leaders, I, as Duke of Brookshire, hereby reconfirm my support of His Niftiness Kaiser Reynardine I and the legality of his actions. I do not agree with the dissolution of the Landsraad, but I wholeheartedly support the Kaiser's right to do so. Any attempt at rebellion against the lawful and Gods-chosen Kaiser will be met with an iron fist of vengeance from the lands of Brookshire.

Long live Kaiser Reynardine I! Long live Shireroth!

Signed this Fishday, the 22nd of H'Graasreign, 3417 ASC.

By the power vested in me as Duke of Brookshire, I hereby create Count Oze of Highpass Baron and Lord of Ynnraile. His full title shall be

Lord Oze of Ynnraile, Count of Highpass, Lord of the Kehl, Member of the Order of the Northern Star. He may use the postnominals LK and MNS as per the relevant Edicts, for example "Lord Ynnraile LK MNS" or "Lord Oze (of Ynnraile) LK MNS". The use of his titles are entirely up to him.

I impose one restriction on Lord Ynnraile, that all measures taken in Ynnraile must respect, protect and develop the history and culture of the Barony.

Signed this Arisday, the 23rd of H'Graasreign, 3418 ASC.

I hereby create the position of "Master Cartographer" in the Duchy of Brookshire. The Master shall be in charge of making city maps, county maps, barony maps and duchy maps. All maps must be created in conjunction with the relevant local authorities. The Master may not create maps of a city or subdivision against the will of the Lord of that subdivision. Major cities and capitals may be excluded from that rule.

I appoint as first ever Master Cartographer the Lord K'Tzuni, Maksym Hadjimehmetov.

Signed this Arisday, the 23rd of H'Graasreign, 3418 ASC.

I hereby amend the Charter of Brookshire as follows:

Article 12 - The Marquess shall act as Steward of Brookshire when the Duke is on a declared leave of absence or when the Duke has not posted or replied to any normal mean of communication for 48 hours. The Marquess shall also act as Emissary for the Duke in the Landsraad during the same period of time, and may be designated as Emissary at any other time as well by the Duke.

Signed this Losday, the 5th of Vivantiana, 3429 ASC.

I hereby appoint Erik Mortis, Lord Goldshire LK CNS, to the positin of Master Herald. He is now in charge of all heraldic matters in the Duchy of Brookshire and reports directly to the Duke.

Signed this Ughday, the 6th of Vivantiana, 3430 ASC.

I hereby establish the following decree for the defence of Brookshire:

1. It shall, from this day forward, be illegal for a resident of Brookshire to purchase military units under the SCIRA system for another duchy, as well as for any subdivision of another duchy, without express consent from the Duke.

2. If the Duchy of Brookshire becomes involved in an armed conflict with another subdivision, it is the solemn duty of all owners of military units in Brookshire to aid the ducal authorities, unless given express consent to not do so by the Duke.

3. Any owner of military units in Brookshire that attack ducal or Kaiseral forces, without proper consent to do so, shall be considered guilty of high treason and dealt with accordingly.

4. When there is an action required to be carried out by any ducal forces, the following chain of command shall be in effect, transferring down if no reply is posted by a person higher up within the stipulated time limit:
a. The Duke
b. The High Marshal
c. The Marquess
d. The Baron of K'Tzuni
e. The Baron of Vorpmadal
f. The Baron of Ynnraile

5. Further regulations may be passed by the Kehl.

Signed this Somnisday, the 12th of Vivantiana, 3436 ASC.

I hereby create SirWilliamStrauss Baron of Vorpmadal, on the condition that Krasniy Yastreb remains as Count of Lunaris.

Signed this Ughday, the 20th of Vivantiana, 3444 ASC.

I hereby rename Vorpmadal the Barony of Neurac. Yardistan is granted the right to use the name Vorpmadal.

Signed this Ughday, the 20th of Vivantiana, 3444 ASC.

As Duke of Brookshire I hereby issue the following order regarding the Brookshire Fleet:

ORGANISATION
1. The Fleet shall be organized into the following units:

a. Coastal Defense Group (Non-SCIRA)
* BDS Scuttlebutt (Corvette)
* BDS Duck Out of Water (Corvette)
* BDS Firefly (Corvette)
* BDS Rustolium (Diesel Submarine)
* 1st Alexandrettan Patrol Boat Force (20 Patrol Torpedo Boats)

b. Brookshire Tactical Strike Group (SCIRA)

* IRS Sparta (Frigate)
* IRS Brutus (Frigate)
* IRS Thunder Child (Frigate)

c. Brookshire Destroyer Group (SCIRA)

* IRS Iron Butterfly (Destroyer)
* IRS Flying Monkey (Destroyer)
* IRS Brrapa II (Destroyer)
* IRS Sublimated (Destroyer)

d. Brookshire Heavy Battle Group (SCIRA)

* IRS Joe Swanson (Heavy Cruiser)
* IRS Silk and Leather Clad Chariot Girl (Heavy Cruiser)
* IRS Ziltoid the Omniscient (Battleship)
* RSS Excalibur (Light Carrier) (Non-SCIRA)

DEPLOYMENT
2. The Home Port of the Brookshire Fleet shall be the City of Yoen, County of Alexandretta.

a. The Coastal Defense Group shall have secondary ports in Port Benacia, Port Solecism, the port of Brookshire Hamlet, and Wendor.

b. The Tactical Strike Group shall have secondary ports in Port Solecism and Wendor.

c. The Destroyer Group shall have a secondary port in Port Benacia.

d. The Heavy Battle Group shall have secondary ports in the port of Brookshire Hamlet and Wendor.

3. The Fleet, or parts thereof, may at any time be deployed to any part of Shireroth on the order of the Duke.

Signed this Gaghday, the 25th of Agnifiero, 3561 ASC.

Dear citizens of Brookshire!

I hereby suspend the Charter of Brookshire. The new Duke may reinstate it if he sees it fit.

I appoint SirWilliamStrauss my heir as Duke of Brookshire and hereby abdicate the ducal throne.

Thank you all.

I, William, Duke of Brookshire, do on this day, 3584 ASC,
declare "99 Luft Balons" the new anthem of Brookshire.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQYQTFudrqc
by my hand,

I, Syr William, Duke of Brookshire, do on this day, 3586 ASC, do decree that
as of 3587 ASC the Duke/Duchess of Brookshire cannot make any laws without
the support of at least 1 Baron or 2 Counts.

A Duke/Duchess of Brookshire may not make this Decree null and void without
the support of at least 2 Barons or 4 Counts.

The Duke/Duchess shall still have the power to make people Baron's and Count's
but may not fire a Baron or Count on the basis of not supporting a Decree. A
probable cause must be found to fire a Baron or Count.

By my hand,

I hereby abdicate from my position as Duke of Brookshire. I really love Shireroth, but I must go and help Livlandia get on it's feet. I am still retaining my citizenship here, and I will remain active, but I believe a Duke must be more active than other citizens and I just don't have the time. Most of you who know me, know that I loved Cerulea more than any other nation on Micras, and Livlandia is a chance for me to work with those people again.
As a final act as Duke, I declare Korey the Duke of Brookshire.
Have fun!

I enact the following:

All military forces produced by and/or belonging to any citizen of Brookshire shall first and foremost be under the command of the Duke of Brookshire or zir appointed military official.

Okiedoki

I enact the following:

Her Niftiness, Kaiseress Anandja, is hereby named Marchioness of Goldshire, and shall assume the roles of Steward and Heir to the Brookshirithian Throne.

-Kostalan Rottsaa
Duke of Brookshire

I enact the following:

1. The Kehl is hereby extended to include all permenant, full residents of Brookshire. This includes Barons, Counts, Citizens.
---- Each member of the Kehl shall be granted an equal vote in the Kehl
---- No member of the Kehl may claim more than one vote, even if they may hold multiple titles within Brookshire that grant a vote
---- Any member of the Kehl who has not provided activity within the Duchy for 30 days forfeits their vote in the Kehl

2. The Kehl shall strive to give an opinion on all decrees made by the Duke of Brookshire

3. The Kehl shall strive to give an opinion on all legislation brought before the Landsraad

4. The Duke of Brookshire shall present all topics pertaining to the previous two points to the Kehl for consideration

5. The Kehl has the right to pass any legislation it wishes, so long as it does not contradict any of the following:
---- The Imperial Charter
---- Imperial Decrees made by the Kaiser(ess) or Steward(ess) of Shireroth
---- Laws passed by the Dukes of the Landsraad
---- Edicts made by the Duke of Brookshire or the Marquess of Goldshire

6. The Duke of Brookshire shall retain the right to veto any legislation passed by the Kehl

7. The Kehl shall not pass legislation that in any way restricts the powers of the Duke of Brookshire

8. The Kehl may not in any way change the division of counties or baronies within the Duchy

now that I, Lord Tosha, by the Grace of the Gods Duke, with the Advice and Consent of the Great Kehl, hereby Proclaim and Ordain this Edict, effective immediately;
EGK-XXXV

Regarding Duchy Residency
1. In order to be a title holder within Brookshire, your primary residency must be Brookshire.

2. A title holder in Brookshire may not be a title holder in any other subdivision.

3. "Title holder" shall be interpreted as a title equal in rank to the traditional titles of Count or Baron, or any other such title that from time to time may be created in Shireroth.

4. Edict XXIII is hereby repealed.

Signed by my Hand at the Sun Palace in the Year MMMDCCXCIII Ab Sectora Condita,
Lord Tosha du Grifos, by the Grace of the Gods Duke of Brookshire, Baron of Greater Lakhesis, Chief of the Lakhesian Tribal Nation, Knight Kampioen, Member of the Order
of the Dragon, Grand Master of the Order of the Northern Star.

Know that I, Lord Tosha, by the Grace of the Gods Duke, hereby Proclaim and Ordain this Edict, effective immediately;
ED-XXXVI

Regarding Border Crossings to the Imperial County
1. All bridges between Brookshire and the Imperial County shall from this day forward be manned by sworn members of the Lakhesian Kalisa.

2. Any resident of an area in rebellion against the Kaiser wishing to cross into the Imperial County must have written approval by the Ducal authorities.

3. Such approval shall be given on a case-by-case basis.

Signed by my Hand at the Sun Palace in the Year MMMDCCXCIII Ab Sectora Condita,
Lord Tosha du Grifos, by the Grace of the Gods Duke of Brookshire, Baron of Greater Lakhesis, Chief of the Lakhesian Tribal Nation, Knight Kampioen,
Member of the Order of the Dragon, Grand Master of the Order of the Northern Star.

Know that I, Lord Tosha, by the Grace of the Gods Duke, hereby Proclaim and Ordain this Edict, effective immediately;
ED-XXXVII

Instrument of Abdication
1. I proclaim Daniel Llai heir to the Throne of Brookshire.

2. I, Lord Tosha du Grifos of Brookshire, hereby abdicate the throne of Brookshire in favor of Daniel Llai of K'Tzuni. May he rule Brookshire with wisdom.

3. The Earl of Dolor is advised to support his new Duke, given the leniency shown to him by the now former Duke.

Signed by my Hand at the Sun Palace in the Year MMMDCCXCVII Ab Sectora Condita,
Lord Tosha du Grifos, by the Grace of the Gods Duke of Brookshire, Baron of Greater Lakhesis, Chief of the Lakhesian Tribal Nation, Knight Kampioen,
Member of the Order of the Dragon, Grand Master of the Order of the Northern Star.

Count Rev Dr Spraki Krumsson Lla'i-Ašura of Azarea
Father of the Kaiseress, Ambassador of the Heavenly Light to the High King of Stormark

Ric from Sweden

Return to “Duchy of Brookshire”