Discussion 1: Proceedings of the ConCom

Moderators: (Shireroth) Steward, (Shireroth) Kaiser

Malliki

Discussion 1: Proceedings of the ConCom

Post by Malliki »

What should our approach to this be? Should we revise the Charter, or move for a complete rewrite from the beginning, of course partly based on the Charter? I am favorable to a complete rewrite, since it's quite a mess at present.
Malliki Tosha
Acting Xonuti of the Free State of Sanilla
Poluti Poki'i of Sanilla

Vilhelm Benkern

Re: Discussion 1: Proceedings of the ConCom

Post by Vilhelm Benkern »

Let's start at first principles and if what we arrive at is basically the same as parts of the Charter, we can adopt the same words and sections. We should consider, what are the key elements of Shirerithian government- both as it exists, so as to isolate the problems, and as we wish it to exist, so we can mould our proposals around those features. Probably going to need a major if not total rewrite though.
Vilhelm Benkern DEOMI, Member of the Order of the Dragon, Silver Swan, Red Dragon
Dirigent of Musica, Count of Mar Sara
In Aryasht Prapta Vrteti, former Prince of Aryasht; Zaila Vrteti, Norfolknath
In Elwynn Benjamin Sebasokrator Timothy Quentin Kern, Duke of Raikoth
In Khalypsil Representative of the Wisdom

Monty

Post by Monty »

I'm in favour of a total rewrite. The wording of many clauses is so legally vague (as noted in the adelsraad by the Brookshirian monarch) that substantial revisions need to be made.

I apologise for not being able to contribute more. If its still going on by the time I get back I'll obviously throw my suggestions in. I believe personally that the competency of the Imperial Government should be held to account in the Landsraad and /or Adelsraad.
Lord Montague

Balarak Alaiaon, Duke of Elwynn, Unifier of the Severed Duchy, Sequestrer of Disharmony

Also operating as Jean Carmichael, Duke of Evreaux, Speaker of the Imperial Assembly.
Oh and Eli Naveh too, Chief of the Ashkenatzan Naval Staff.

In Battle; Unbeatable. In Victory; Unbearable.

Mira Raynora Major
Bathtub Philosopher

Post by Mira Raynora Major »

I think we should be thinking in terms of a complete rewrite, for the reasons already noted. Personally, I would be tempted to pretend that we are starting from a completely clean slate and think about how we want Shireroth to work, instead of being constrained by how it works now (or has worked in the past).
Mira Raynora the Elder
Queen of Lichbrook, Duchess of Brookshire
Lichgravine of Overdolor, Countess of Caverden and Woodshire
Cedrist Demi-Goddess of Undead and Regional Autonomy

Malliki

Post by Malliki »

There is also a general view among the people on how the nation should function, but the law doesn't agree. We are in agreement here, I will soon post a new discussiob topic.
Malliki Tosha
Acting Xonuti of the Free State of Sanilla
Poluti Poki'i of Sanilla

Return to “Shirithian Archives”