An Act on the Nationality within the Union [AMENDED]

Post by Octavius »

(As amended) (and amended again)
The Senate,

acting under the third and seventh articles of the Consensus,

adopts:

AN ACT ON THE NATIONALITY WITHIN THE UNION

Section 1 – Union Nationality

1. There is in Elwynn, Amokolia and Hurmu one nationality (“Union nationality”)

2. The Union nationality is individual and personal. Union nationality belongs to the Union national.

3. Each Union national is equal before the law, in rights and in freedoms, to any other Union national.

4. Within the Union, Union nationals shall in all cases be recognized as Union nationals and as Union nationals alone.

5. Nothing in this Act shall be construed to prohibit any Union national to take on nationality or citizenship of any other country, or in any other country, use that nationality or citizenship.

Section 2 – Acquisition

1. Acquisition of Union nationality is effected upon the naturalization of a foreign citizen or national to the Union. Such naturalization is authorised by the responsible officer of the government. (Amended from original:)
Such naturalization is made through an instrument of government by the Court of the Prince.
2. Any foreign citizen or national (including a stateless person) has the right to apply for naturalization. Applications are regulated and administered by the responsible officer of the government, and must be filled in truthfully and in full to be considered.
(Addition:)
are regulated and administered by the responsible officer of the government, and
(Amended from original:)
2. Any foreign citizen or national (including a stateless person) has the right to apply for naturalization. The form for application of naturalization is included in the first annex to this Act. Application must be filled in truthfully and in full to be considered.
Section 3 – Loss

1. Each Union national has the right to renounce his or her Union nationality. Renunciations shall be made to, and regulated and administered by, the responsible officer of the government, and shall be made truthfully.
(Amended:)
Renunciations shall be made to the Court of the Prince, and shall be made truthfully.
(Amended from original:)
1. Each Union national has the right to renounce his or her Union nationality. The form for the declaration of renunciation of nationality is included in the second annex to this Act and shall be filled in truthfully and in full to be valid.
2. Renunciation is effected upon confirmation from the responsible officer of the government.
(Amended:)
Renunciation is effected upon confirmation from the Court of the Prince.
Section 4 – Constituent country provisions

1. Each constituent country of the Union, exercising its right to self-determination, shall make laws and regulations for membership or citizenship in the country in question, provided that the Consensus of the Union is, at all times, followed.

2. Nothing in this section shall be construed to prohibit any one person holding more than one constituent country membership or citizenship.

3. Constituent country membership or citizenship is distinct to the Union nationality.

Section 5 – Final provisions

1. The Executive is charged with implementing this Act.

2. The Executive is authorized, in implementing the Act, to issue regulations on the provisions of the Act.

Done at Eliria, on 7 February 2012.

(Amended - original annexes deleted:)
FIRST ANNEX
[quote]FORM FOR THE APPLICATION OF NATURALIZATION
Elwynn, Amokolia and Hurmu (Riqi Adurellion)

(§2 Act on the Nationality within the Union)

When the form is completed, post it in a new topic in the forum entitled “Cradle of Civilisation”.

Section 1 – Personal details
(As on Micras)

Full name:
(If aliases are used, provide all)

Place or country of birth:
(if known)

Current nationality/citizenship:
(if more than one, provide all)

Section 2 – Electronic details

Bastion Union account:
(If more than one, provide all)

Means of private contact:
(If PM on Bastion Union is disabled)

Section 3 – Voluntary provisions
(This section is voluntary to fill in)

Place of preferred residence:
(county/district/province and constituent country)

Section 4 – Declaration

By signing this application for naturalization, I confirm that:

[list]1. I apply for naturalization into Elwynn, Amokolia and Hurmu (Riqi Adurellion)

2. The details provided in this application are true as far as I can attest.[/list]

Section 5 - Signature

I hereby sign this application and affix my name hereto:

[name]
SECOND ANNEX
FORM FOR THE DECLARATION OF RENUNCIATION OF NATIONALITY
Elwynn, Amokolia and Hurmu (Riqi Adurellion)

(§3 Act on the Nationality within the Union)

Section 1 – Personal details
(As on Micras)

Full name:
(If aliases are used, provide all)

Section 2 – Electronic details

Bastion Union account:
(If more than one, provide all)

Means of private contact:
(If PM on Bastion Union is disabled)

Section 3 – Voluntary provisions
(This section is voluntary to fill in)

Why I want to renounce my nationality:
(reasons)

Section 4 – Declaration

By signing this application for naturalization, I confirm that:
  • 1. I am a national of Elwynn, Amokolia and Hurmu (Riqi Adurellion)

2. I renounce my nationality in Elwynn, Amokolia and Hurmu (Riqi Adurellion)

3. The renunciation is effective only on the date of confirmation from the Court of the Prince

4. All that I have written in this application are true to the fullest of my knowledge
I hereby sign this declaration and affix my name hereto:

[name[/strike][/spoiler]
[/quote]
Last edited by Lord Erion on Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Sections 2 & 3 amended by the Administration Act

Return to “Lawbook”