Explaining Concordia

Illuminarch Nicholas

Explaining Concordia

Post by Illuminarch Nicholas »

Hey guys! The first post from the new world of Concordia was a bit enigmatic and mysterious. So, they're underwater, hate science, are led by a guy named Maximilian, and there's some secret island? WTF is a bathysphere?

Anywho, here's the exact synopsis I sent to Scott to explain the history of Concordia, how Omega fell, and where it's possibly going.
So, here are the specifics:

The Land will be changed from the Omega Complex to Concordia. Here's the story.

Obviously, I've always been pro-science, pro-innovation, pro-knowledge. However, I always love playing devil's advocate, and thought it be interesting to have a statelet on the complete opposite. Cue Concordia. It's been a century since Omega fell. I was originally going to have a nationwide technological shutdown, but the AI-turned-deity works well, too. Because of this technological disaster, the people actually fear technology as a whole, and reject advancing it in any way, shape, or form that isn't absolutely vital to their existence.

They are led by Dr. Maximilian McIntyre, a gifted social psychologist who descends from a family who was prominent in the old Omegan Culture. He has grasped the mutual fear of technology and has exacerbated it, causing people to reject not only technology but also any form of help or advancement. He also advocates against the self (which is quite anti-illuminarchal/Omegan), referring to everyone as "The People" rather than individuals. He has placed The People over the Individual, and punishes people for the overuse of words like "I, me, my, mine" and teaches the survivors to refer to themselves as "we, ours, our, us".

Maximilian also teaches other crucial things: technology brought them to this state of despair, technology will always lead to this, and most importantly, that there is no world beyond that of their statelet. Maximilian teaches that since they're the only ones alive, they need to unite even more to preserve humanity. To reflect this, Maximilian renamed Omega "Concordia".

Now, The Aftermath (basically, what happened after Omega Fell):

If you remember, the island that was formally Gemenon (the squarish island on the right) housed Gemenon Genetics, which had a large population of recreated dinosaurs. After the fall of Omega, the dinosaurs have run wild and now roam Gemenon, like Isla Sorna in the Lost World. Maximilian has restricted access to Gemenon (now renamed Cryptica), and now nobody can enter it. Maximilian spreads the fears of science-born monsters roving the island. While this is true, Cryptica serves another purpose: it is the seat of government where Maximilian deals with other statelets. Here, he arranges for materials and hides evidence of Omega's existence. All the knowledge is held on the island nobody is allowed to enter.

The Capital of Concordia is The Haven. The Haven is actually the remnants of the Scorpia Bureau's corporate underwater base. Previously, if you looked at maps of Omega, the Scorpia Sector was completely composed of water, with nothing written about it. In reality, it was a series of underwater facilities linked by bathyspheres, based on the plans of Eruditia's Cylera. Maximilian McIntyre spent the first part of his de facto rule coralling the survivors spread across the Omegan lands to this base, which he renamed The Haven. Think of The Haven kind of like Rapture, except more corporate rather than art deco. It has similar self-sufficient amenities, and while the people rebuke technology, they are trained and told on how to continue maintaining their underwater home.

However, Dr. McIntyre can't keep them all underwater, for resources are running short. So, very soon, he is planning on re-surfacing the Concordians from The Haven up to the large island formerly known as Illumia.

We'll proceed from there :mrgreen:

I've been spearheading the Self-Awareness Movement from my micronation of Eruditia, so if I'm to keep to my standards, I'll explain the reason for Concordia. Like I stated in the spoiler, I love playing devil's advocate. The reason for Concordia is so I can explore the opposite of my current government in a controlled simulation of sorts. Had to add this part, so I don't come off as a hypocrite :-D

Hope this clears some stuff up! Now go back and read Maximilian McIntyre's first Concordian address. Does it make more sense now??
Illustro est via

Daniel

Re: Explaining Concordia

Post by Daniel »

So... two questions!

How do they/you define science?
How do they/you define technology?
Ghost of Dâniyal the Dead
Disturb not my sleep!

Return to “Omega Complex”