Malarbor Says
Malarbor says: Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and of the greater Race are transcendent, and to embrace them is to achieve enlightenment.

VBN - Micras Edition
  • [ABC] Alexandrian news about Hamland - ARCHIVE
  • Micras loses significant micronation
  • [ALX] July 2017 General Election Results
  • Ecological stewardship declaration celebrated
  • MCS policy faces new scrutiny
  • [ALX] IOP/ABC Mid-Election Party Preference Polling
  • Expatriates and Prel-Stik

Expatriates and Prel-Stik

Postby Alicorn » Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:34 am

"Have some more fish, Elsio."

"Er, no thanks, Mom, I don't want to be too weighed down when we get to playing prel-stik later," Elsio demurred. "I've missed playing with all you guys... is the court up the road still open?"

"Oh, you must miss prel-stik," said her brother. "Don't they play weird foreign sports up there - ball in a basket, that sort of thing?"

"It's not 'ball in a basket'. But yeah. I can still play prel-stik, though. There's a decent Mevwani population in my part of my town. Some of us got together and refitted a building to suit. It's just informal, unisex, no spectators except for the occasional player's boyfriend or girlfriend, but playing at family reunions is informal too. I was never heading for a pro position."

"Damn," said Elsio's uncle. "Was going to tell you that if you want to run a restaurant and have a chance to play I could ask my sister if she wants to let you run a franchise..."

Elsio laughed. "I'm happy with the restaurant I have," she said. "And with the league I have. Go Green Ribbons!"

"Green Ribbons, seriously?" asked the nearest cousin.

"I didn't vote for that team name," Elsio admitted. "We had to please a bunch of people including some who aren't exactly happy with being expats - there's this man who moved with his wife and she likes Safiria and he really doesn't - but - well."

"Do the other teams have names that dumb?" the same cousin inquired.

"Depends on what you think makes a dumb name. There's, let's see. Sister Nanthi's Nine. Least Cosash. The Squids -"

Her mother butted in. "Are these all about where they're from - you're on the normal Mainlander team and then there's Islanders and Cosashi and Lake Province people - or -"

"No, there's two Islanders and a Cosashi on the Green Ribbons," Elsio said. "But I guess the majorities did fall out that way. Except there's one more team, with a mix of players and no regional hint in what they call themselves."

"What're they called?" asked Elsio's cousin.

"Just, The Stikkers."
    Alicorn

Re: Expatriates and Prel-Stik

Postby ari » Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:42 am

I hope that if you're asked "How is Prel-Stick played?", the answer won't be "With gusto!"
    Lord Furniture
    Not even partially responsible for Malarboria; will take the blame for Caverden, though!
    Tallest and therefore Greatest of the Janitors
    Eternal Watcher of #micronations
    ari
    Grim Auxiliator

Re: Expatriates and Prel-Stik

Postby Carl Jackson » Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:33 am

Here is how you play prel-stik.

(page 2, 3, 4)
    Carl Jackson

Return to Mevwan