Welcome!

Craitman

Welcome!

Post by Craitman »

Welcome to Myëë Sëyëe, a small, two-island statelet belonging to the Archipelago Confederation. The larger island is called Myëë Major, with the smaller being Myëë Minor. Myëë Sëyëe was created as a statelet to act as the home of the utopian Myëë community; a small group of only a few hundred individuals who have either been brought-up to speak the Myëë language or have learnt the language and joined the community of their own accord. Myëë Sëyëe also lays claim to a portion of land on a peninsula on the continental mainland; this region is used for controlled interactivity between the Myëë community and the outside world.
The Myëë people's language is a very curious entity, linguistically- and historically-speaking. Its creator, Myëë Lyne (after whom it is named), was a pre-Archipelagan anthropologist whose deafness and incomplete understanding of the English language attributed to the distortion of the Myëë language. He worked closely with a small group of other anthropologists and linguists, including Chwlle Ynwules, Yëym Ëerrymyn, Yleks Ëyëswn, Ëynny Ëŵëer, and brothers Ëchrys and Ywe Ëyry-Yennyëy, as well as his own brother Yleks Lyne, in order to standardise his broken language into a working means of communication.
The Myëë language's constructed and coded origins caught-on after Lyne's death, with a number of followers establishing Myëë Sëyëe [the "Myëë State"] as a planned utopian community. The language's simplicity - containing only eighteen letters, all with a standard pronunciation - formed the basis of the followers' community's way of life, with the community establishing a simple leadership with basic laws, in the hope that its members would work together to further the community and help to benefit each other as well as themselves.

Uelëwme ëw Myëë Sëyëe, y smyll, ëuw-yslynë sëyëeleë ëelwnëynë ëw ëche Yrëchyëelyëw Ëwnfeëeryëywn. Ëche lyrëer yslynë ys ëylleë Myëë Mŷwr, uyëch ëche smyller ëeynë Myëë Mynwr. Myëë Sëyëe uys ëreyëeë ys y sëyëeleë ëw yëë ys ëche chwme wf ëche uëwëŷn Myëë ëwmmunyëy; y smyll ërwuë wf wnly y feu chunëreë ynëyëyëuyls uchw chyëe eyëcher ëên ërwuëchë-uë ëw sëeŷ ëche Myëë lynëuyëe wr chyëe leyrnë ëche lynëuyëe ynë ywyneë ëche ëwmmunyëy wf ëcheyr wun yëëwrë. Myëë Sëyëe ylsw lŷs ëlŷm ëw y ëwrëywn wf lynë wn y ëenynsuly wn ëche ëwnëynenëyl mŷnlynë; ëchys reëywn ys useë fwr ëwnërwlleë ynëeryëëyëyëy ëeëuên ëche Myëë ëwmmunyëy ynë ëche wuësyëe uwrlë.
Ëche Myëë ëewële's lynëuyëe ys y ëery ëurywus enëyëy, lynëysëyëylly- ynë chysëwryëylly-sëey'ynë. Yës ëreyëwr, Myëë Lyne (yfëer uchwm yë ys nymeë), uys y ëre-Yrëchyëelyëyn ynëchrwëwlwëysë uchwse ëeyfness ynë ynëwmëleëe unëersëynëynë wf ëche Enëlysch lynëuyëe yëëryëuëeë ëw ëche ëysëwrëywn wf ëche Myëë lynëuyëe. Che uwryeë ëlwsely uyëch y smyll ërwuë wf wëcher ynëchrwëwlwëysës ynë lynëuysës, ynëluëynë Chwlle Ynwules, Yëym Ëerrymyn, Yleks Ëyëswn, Ëynny Ëŵëer, ynë ërwëchers Ëchrys ynë Ywe Ëyry-Yennyëy, ys uell ys chys wun ërwëcher Yleks Lyne, yn wrëer ëw sëynëyrëyse chys ërwyen lynëuyëe ynëw y uwrŷnë meyns wf ëwmmunyëyëywn.
Ëche Myëë lynëuyëe's ëwnsëruëëeë ynë ëwëeë wryëyns ëyuëchë-wn yfëer Lyne's ëeyëch, uyëch y numëer wf fwllwuers esëyëlyschynë Myëë Sëyëe ys y ëlynneë uëwëŷn ëwmmunyëy. Ëche lynëuyëe's symëlyëyëy - ëwnëŷnynë wnly eyëchëeen leëëers, yll uyëch y sëynëyrë ërwnunëŷëywn - fwrmeë ëche ëysys wf ëche fwllwuers' ëwmmunyëy's uŷ wf lyfe, uyëch ëche ëwmmunyëy esëyëlyschynë y symële leyëerschyë uyëch ëysyë lyus, yn ëche chwëe ëchyë yës memëers uwulë uwry ëwëeëcher ëw furëcher ëche ëwmmunyëy ynë chelë ëw ëenefyë eyëch wëcher ys uell ys ëchemselëes.
Last edited by Craitman on Thu May 12, 2011 12:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
Craitman H. Pellegrino, King of Craitland
COH, CrA, GKOC, GKRB, HGH, KHL, KOD, KY, NM, OCC, ONSGK, OSJ, SJSJ, SOB, WSA
Administrator General of the MCS
FMF President
Lord of Humour

Scott Alexander

Re: Welcome!

Post by Scott Alexander »

Sacred Truth and Beauty, you've managed to create a language even uglier looking than Welsh. My hat is off to you.

Craitman

Post by Craitman »

Why thank you. Although one of the benfits of Welsh is that it's relatively readable :P

This is based on some conlanging a few friends and I did - based upon one of the group's idea for a letter-to-letter code - back in GCSE maths. I've always wanted to do something with it, and this is the best chance I've had, although a change in its orthography might be in order :)
FMF President
Lord of Humour

Craitman

Post by Craitman »

I've updated the description to include the claim on the mainland.

Y'ëe uëëyëeë ëche ëesëryëëywn ëw ynëluëe ëche ëlŷm wn ëche mŷnlynë.
FMF President
Lord of Humour

Shyriath
CONDOLORD

Post by Shyriath »

Ëëëëëë ëë ëëëë ë, ëëëë ë ëë ëëëë ËËË.

(Couldn't resist, sorry.)
Shyriath Farstrider (aka Shyriath Bukolos), KD MOU OLH XBH
Viscount Farstrider of Erysisceptrum, Count Bukolos of the Condo, Harbinger of Cheese

TOTUS MUNDUS TABULAM RASAM EST

Craitman

Post by Craitman »

Yë's fyne. Myëë ëyn lŵy lŷe ëchyë ëw ëche unërŷneë eye :P
FMF President
Lord of Humour

Funky Wombat

Post by Funky Wombat »

So is the objective of the language to establish intelligibility across all levels of ability to speak and hear? And is it going to be a version of English or are we going to see language-specific words?

I like that we have a definite mix of conlanging and conculturing in Archipelago. Interesting that we have two peoples to whom a constructed language is very important, and for different reasons!
Funky Wombat
"Been around for a long long time, ain't seen nothing new"

Craitman

Post by Craitman »

Funky Wombat wrote:So is the objective of the language to establish intelligibility across all levels of ability to speak and hear? And is it going to be a version of English or are we going to see language-specific words?
I wouldn't call that its objective, although I guess it would be a pretty handy benefit. The sounds are very limited and considering the amount of vowels, it would logically be easier for those with speech impediments to speak. In reality, it was just a coded conlang that a few friends and I made when we were bored in maths by transliterating the end sound of the (rough) written pronunciation of the separate letters. It's just a code that's stood the test of time in our group - not saying we use it as regularly as before - and I thought it'd be a good basis for a micronational community :P

It's just a codified version of English, so there's not going to be any words specific to the language in it :)
FMF President
Lord of Humour

Return to “Myëë Sëyëe”