Letter

Daniel

Letter

Post by Daniel »

A young man lands at shore at Dromosker, carrying the following letter:
You do not know me. I am Naywar' u-Hurmu and it has been the will of Nature's Queen in Aulaur to have me send this letter to you.

The Queen is distrought that the systems of Nature have been ignored. She has been advised to take matters into her own hand. As Nature's Queen she wills your presence in Aziruta, and shall endeavour to have the others accept that will.

The Queen cries when she knows that Nature is ignored. Please, rectify the ignoring of Nature and come, in the name of Nature and Nature's Queen to Aziruta where she shall welcome the representative of Nature's ordained ruler of Dromosker, or perhaps, maybe the presence of the very Ruler of Dromosker will bless the Queen with presence at her court in Aziruta.

I will happily answer any questions. As a token of my Queen's resolution, she has commanded me to hand you this letter in person. I am Naywar' u-Hurmu, and these have been the will of Nature's Queen.
Ghost of Dâniyal the Dead
Disturb not my sleep!

Emir of Raspur

Re: Letter

Post by Emir of Raspur »

"Am En Lugal Barrowa-Eggel, Am!

Behold, I am Lord of the Bloodied Hand!
Behold, I am Master of Ninty-Spears!
Behold, My followers are hungry!
Behold, I am possessed of Great Mana!
At my approach the village women wail!
Before my club the Raskol demons quail!
And from my arrow not even the flightless Wagga can fly, though fleet of foot!

Am En Lugal Barrowa-Eggel, son of En Lugal, who was En Lugal before him.
You who are from Great Beyond Water, you know nothing of our power! Great Mana I have consumed!
Four villages I have conquered! This valley! The best of all valleys! This is mine!
None dare strike their spears lest they anger me!
Even Raskol-Lugal in Calēkhōpraksis tremble when I look towards his stinking corpse lake.
With each year the spearmen and the clubmen who share in my mana come closer to Calēkhōpraksis.
The sons of Eggel will feast upon the demon-children of Lek!
The Sons of Eggel will rule all the Askerr by right!
There will be Great Feasting!
You want speak to Dromosker! You speak to me!

I chose to heed your message, out of friendship. Out of friendship in return give me the plumpest man in your company for our cooking pots. Let us feast in friendship then we shall send man to speak unto En Lugal of Great Beyond Water."

Daniel

Post by Daniel »

Confused, the young man spoke. It was difficult understanding what the people here said, the dialect is thick. But he thought he understood it well, and answered:
My Lord of the Bloodied Hand and Master of Ninty-Spears,

You are lucky! The fattest man in my company is in fact the ship's chef. He cooks well, I assure you. I am certain that he will be of great assistance to you all in preparing a meal to us!
Disturb not my sleep!

Emir of Raspur

Post by Emir of Raspur »

There was a glint in the old man's eyes as he discerned the meaning of the reply.

"It is good. Summon him! Summon him! Many pots we have that have need of him. We feast! Great mana we shall have! Come sit. Drink! Drink of the yampara sap! Look! Regard! My daughters honour you, they wear clothes."

"Am Askerr atta chai melange pua! Summon the headmen of the villages! Tonight we have great feast and final proof of my mana!"
Last edited by Emir of Raspur on Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Daniel

Post by Daniel »

The young man signals to his bodyguard to get the chef.

The chef is a man of 45 and comes running:

"Mr Naywar sir? Why did you want me?"

"Oh", Naywar answers, "these people would like to get to know you. They have heard that you are a good chef. Please, do not let them down. Think of the Queen and her smile. It will comfort you when you leave our company. Until we meet again, blessings from Nature. See you at the feast!"
Disturb not my sleep!

Emir of Raspur

Post by Emir of Raspur »

"Great mana has come!"
And with a great cheer and a cry of exultation, the whole village surged forward as one and amidst the ululations of delight, as the portly chef was dragged away by at least one-hundred pairs of hands towards a hut at the far end of the village beside the palisade wall.

In front of the hut it was crudely cut block of wood with a flint headed axe buried in it.
"Please be of no doubt. We are very happy with your kind gesture. This gift of mana will sustain us long time."

Daniel

Post by Daniel »

Naywar turned to the elder:
I am glad, I am so glad that we can celebrate this act of true friendship. I am sure that my chef -- his name is Randan Bul by the way -- will be of much assistance in preparing the food for the feast.

Perhaps you would like to taste the vegetables from Aulaur? We have many of them in our ship. Perhaps Randan and his fellow chefs may find use of some of them?

When and where would the feast be, good sir?
Disturb not my sleep!

Emir of Raspur

Post by Emir of Raspur »

"Prepare... what is this word pre-parrey? Ah... oh... you mean... Why yes! Yes! Great honour Randan does us. We have many fine dishes of roots and vines he will... is complement... nicely."
The chief glanced nervously towards the hut, and with a single frantic wave of his hand gestured that the chef be taken inside.
"My daughters prepare vegetables, is great honour for them to look over yours. Perhaps they take you to see charo plantation. Charo very delicious. No hurry. Feast begin when sky-fire dim. See you then! Honoured guest from Great Beyond the Sea!"

Aryeztur

Post by Aryeztur »

Meaning in Aryapur, the Aryashti navy has reported the existence and nature of some savage, tribal islands not too far southwest from the coast of Aryasht. And lust- lust for power, for women, for glory kindled in the hearts of some of the nobles at court.
The Great King, King of Kings, King of the World

Return to “Dromosker”