Aggressors wanted

Management of the simulation and out-of-character discussion
Demon of Fides

Aggressors wanted

Post by Demon of Fides »

Would anyone like to share a blind hatred of the other guy with me?
Hier post ich, ich kann nicht anders

Rei Milharna

Re: Aggressors wanted

Post by Rei Milharna »

No. I'd rather you join the NL.

Shyriath
CONDOLORD

Post by Shyriath »

I think I'd like to get in on this in some fashion, although I'm not sure about the specifics. Kennerext is, for all intents and purposes, militarily insignificant; although their defensive advantage is pretty huge, they can't project power over any distance at all.

I've mentioned elsewhere, though, that certain elements in Kennerext are going to try to conduct some insane high-level assassinations. They would do it regardless, but it might be possible for other statelets to influence how those assassinations are directed, and although the assassins don't particularly care for any Outsiders, the Colony would probably have a good shot at convincing them, should they be interested in doing so. (You can PM me for more detail.)
Shyriath Farstrider (aka Shyriath Bukolos), KD MOU OLH XBH
Viscount Farstrider of Erysisceptrum, Count Bukolos of the Condo, Harbinger of Cheese

TOTUS MUNDUS TABULAM RASAM EST

Demon of Fides

Post by Demon of Fides »

I don't think baseball counts as aggression.

@Shyriath: What I'm looking for is more someone to specifically fight against (I know, as micronationalists our first instinct is to hoard allies). If you wanted to assassinate some Colonisal representatives, that'd be cool, but other than that I'm not really looking for alliances.

Rei Milharna

Post by Rei Milharna »

Yes it does — have you ever seen a bench-clearing brawl?

Demon of Fides

Post by Demon of Fides »

I have not, but are you sure you want colonists playing baseball? They'll probably just stare at the pitcher until he throws then retaliate en mass...

Shyriath
CONDOLORD

Post by Shyriath »

I thought I'd replied again in this thread, but apparently not... well, I feel stupid now. :mrgreen:

Fides: I think I'm willing to switch Kennerext into the "aggressor" column. It occurs to me that an underground war might have certain dimensions of awesomeness.

Mind you, out of all the people Kennerext would choose to fight the Colony would probably be their worst bet, since any advantage from shutting themselves in underground is probably negated, but the kind of people who will be in charge by that point won't be all that rational.
Viscount Farstrider of Erysisceptrum, Count Bukolos of the Condo, Harbinger of Cheese

Demon of Fides

Post by Demon of Fides »

I'm more than happy to run something like that as a smaller story, but if we're both underground I think there's too much pressure to completely wipe eachother out (constant threat of attack and all that). Mind you, aren't we on different continents? That could prove for some nice, long distance fun...

Orion
Full of shi... err.. stars!

Post by Orion »

It occurred to me that there is a tunnel entrance directly north of Apollantis. It would make a cool story to have a longstanding feud over ownership of that region; with, perhaps, Colonial forces battling against Apolline forces, each seeing the other as invaders. We also share a similar technological level, which would be ideal for battlefield interaction. Interested?

Shyriath
CONDOLORD

Post by Shyriath »

Mind you, aren't we on different continents? That could prove for some nice, long distance fun...
Yep. Kennerext doesn't have much projective power, as I mentioned, but I've had an idea that might shortly change that a bit.

Mind you, I don't think we'd be able to annihilate each other in any case. Kennerext's tellurics limit it to something in the general range of late-1800s/early-1900s tech, so the Colony's technological advantage wouldn't help them if they managed to get that far; and the Deep Singers, however mobile they get, would be badly outnumbered, out-organized, and... er... out-teched should they try to press too deep into the Colony's tunnels. They'd have no way of occupying anything they managed to take, so they'd mostly just try to drive everyone out and sabotage anything important-looking they could find.

However the battles go, though, it should be interesting, especially if I can figure out how Kennerext intends to transport cannons around.

Of course, seeing Ryan's idea, perhaps if the Deep Singers met the Apollines, maybe they could make common cause...

Rei Milharna

Post by Rei Milharna »

I would like to fight, but (1) My writing sucks (2) I'd probably wind up godmoding with the Safirian Air Force.

Demon of Fides

Post by Demon of Fides »

Airforce attacking a completely underground nation with notable anti-air defenses? I think we should play that as a simulation just to see who wins!

@The Kennerext/Apollantis delegates: I can work with that. I'm going to be running a big, one-time story arc with another Archipelagist in the near-future, but after that I'm still going to be looking for longstanding conflicts.

Return to “Control Room”