Autokrator's (Early) Sunday Address, Year 26

Management of the simulation and out-of-character discussion
Scott Alexander

Autokrator's (Early) Sunday Address, Year 26

Post by Scott Alexander »

1. I'm going to be away for a week starting...now! I might or might not have Internet, but I probably won't be able to spend more than a few minutes online even if I do. I'll be back June 14 or so. Don't think I'll get a chance to update the map before I leave, but it'll get done when I get back. Any statelet that claims while I'm away can just assume they've got their claim until I can put it up.

2. Mevwan wins the Alpha Centauri contest and The Favored win the religion contest (actually tie with Mevwan, but they don't need to win two contests). Colony and Kennerext are runners-up. I've credited the winners with 1500 EC and the runners-up with 500 EC to their accounts.

3. Mevwan has won first or tied for first in all contests for which it has been eligible thus far. It has absolutely deserved these prizes and I am not accusing it of anything, but I would nevertheless prefer to spread some of the wealth around. Therefore, I ask Mevwan's non-senator citizens not to vote for Alicorn in the next few contests. They may either vote for someone else, sit on the sidelines, or submit their own separate Mevwanese entry and vote for that. If this seems to put Mevwan at a disadvantage I'll cancel the request, but I doubt it's anything they can't deal with.

4. Alicorn and Eoin have tied for first place in the election for Speaker. After discussing the matter with them, Alicorn has decided she is not ready to be Speaker this summer and has graciously conceded the election to Eoin. Congratulations Eoin; you are the first Speaker of Archipelago! Please hold the place together while I'm gone.

5. I've posted votes for this week's contest and there are two new contests up for next week. Eoin, you're responsible for dealing with the votes, posting votes for next week's contests, and for coming up with and posting the contests for the week after that.

6. The cartography class went well. We actually finished a lot more than I thought and got all the way up through coastlines, terrain, and relief. Alicorn was able to make this map after finishing, which is a good example of the sort of thing I was aiming at. There will be another class later this month on tinting, cities and borders. If you missed the last class and you want to catch up, CJ Miller was there, mastered the techniques, and has said he's willing to teach other people who are interested. Get in contact with him and see what he says.

7. On the doctor thread: Harvey knows how I want him to finish that sequence up, but he'll be away for a week. Eoin and Ari's part is going pretty well, so hopefully they can finish their part this week, Harvey can finish his part when he gets back, and I can return to a blissfully concluded doctor thread. Hurrah!

8. The Diary of Preternatural is pretty interesting. Check it out. Also check out some of what Nicholas has been doing with Flash in Omega, and the premise story Datanai's setting up.

9. I kinda want to have some input into the whole board style thing, and Harvey's also going to be away same time I am, so Fides, can I convince you to put off a final decision on that for a while?

10. Welcome to this week's new statelet of Datanai, and to a friend from elsewhere whom I think will be starting a new statelet later this week. Also, we're now over a thousand posts! At this rate, by the time I get back, I think we will have passed Gralus, Antica, and Babkha to become the second largest Bastion member, even with a three month handicap. Pelagia uber alles!

Demon of Fides

Re: Autokrator's (Early) Sunday Address, Year 26

Post by Demon of Fides »

Re9: Of course, all our Admins are AWOL for now :P
Hier post ich, ich kann nicht anders

Alicorn

Re: Autokrator's (Early) Sunday Address, Year 26

Post by Alicorn »

Re 6: If the map looks weird to anybody, that's because it is of a square planet.

Return to “Control Room”