Press Release: Project SQUID Begins

Jasonian Aeronautics and Space Organization. A technology / vehicle development group. JASO was founded in the summer of 2000 during the great Golden Age of the FIoJ and has been serving the sector for over a decade. From civilian to military use, the smallest robotic vehicle to the most terrifying behemoth gravships, the fastest fighters to immobile research complexes, and the realistically possible to the "oh come on, there's no way that would work!", JASO does it it all. Owned by the Nelagan government with a Shirerithian minority controling share, but willing to work on joint projects with other-like minded groups for the common good.
Andreas the Wise

Post by Andreas the Wise »

JASO Public Affairs
in consultation with
Blue House Media Office and
Ministry of Exterior Affairs Press Department

Project SQUID Begins

JASO has today announced the commencement of the long awaited Project SQUID, a Nelagan military project to build a number of new gravship designed by JASO in consultation with Fides Graphical Designs. While Project SQUID has been "in the works" for almost a year now, production had not officially begun due to budget constraints and the controversy surrounding the 'Man o War' design which was deemed a 'security hazard' and 'unconcealed superweapon'. At the time one 'Man o War' was constructed but has since never been used beyond its initial test flight, due to fear of the international reaction. It's current location remains a Diamond III state secret.

But speaking today, JASO officials said they had been given the full go ahead from both the President and the Minister of Exterior Affairs, under whose purview national defence falls. The Minister for Exterior Affairs, Vur'Alm Xei'Bôn, was on record saying that "we have no concerns about the international reaction," "our closest allies will understand," and, intriguingly, "rumours that there is another planet called Safiria with its own spacefleet preparing to engage Micras are completely unsubstantiated." The President, meanwhile, said "Let's build us some MoWs!" The Commander in Chief was unavailable for comment.

It is expected that at least two further Man o Wars will be constructed, along with a number of other new Nelagan military designs, including Nelagan Dropships and Titans. At this stage there is no intention to add to the existing fleet of Epochs or Blackbirds.
The character Andreas the Wise is on indefinite leave. But he does deserve a cool war ribbon.
However, this account still manages:
Vincent Waldgrave - Lord General of Gralus
Manuel - CEO of VBNC. For all you'll ever need.
Q - Director of SAMIN
Duke Mel'Kat - Air Pirate, Melangian, and Duke of the Flying Duchy of Glanurchy
Cla'Udi - Count of Melangia
Vur'Alm Xei'Bôn - Speaker of Nelaga, Minister of Interior Affairs, and a Micron

Demon of Fides

Re: Press Release: Project SQUID Begins

Post by Demon of Fides »

*applauds*
Hier post ich, ich kann nicht anders

Andreas the Wise

Press Release: Man o Wars Progress Well
JASO Public Affairs
in consultation with

Man o Wars Progress Well

JASO have provided their first official update on Project SQUID to the Blue House today, alerting the President and the Executive to the status of the project. While some details have been kept classified for security reasons, it is known that the Man o Wars construction is progressing well and according to plan. The recent invasion of Micras by the alien Bonemolders has caused extra interest in this project as it is predicted the Man o Wars would have been a useful craft to repel alien craft that enter Micras' atmosphere.

JASO technicians have also been working on the plans for the Man o Wars from their design a year ago, utilising new advances in weaponry and fuel design. They have announced that these upgrades will also be applied to the one fully constructed Man o War, which will soon be 'more than fully operational', in the words of one technician. The Nelagan government is now in the process of constructing additional hangar facilities to house the new Man o Wars, and it is believed at least one will be housed underneath one of the flying islands. "Air superiority is crucial for our flying nation, and these additional hangars and craft will complement our fine Navy and Marines," the Commander in Chief announced. This comment has sparked speculation that the Nelagan government may also be constructing new Epochs, Blackbirds and Star Nebula, to enlarge the fleet and replace those damaged during the Bonemolder invasion. The Blue House has neither confirmed nor denied these rumours.
The character Andreas the Wise is on indefinite leave. But he does deserve a cool war ribbon.
Q - Director of SAMIN

Harvey
Ghost of Christmas Past

Post by Harvey »

Demon of Fides

Post by Demon of Fides »

One half cloaked, I see...

Did I never post the whole one? I'm sure it's around here somewhere, but probably not at a good angle.

Harvey
Ghost of Christmas Past

Post by Harvey »

Oh hell no. There is no half cloaked. This is how it is, lack of symmetry and everything.

Demon of Fides

Post by Demon of Fides »

But you can put two together? Right? Please...?

Harvey
Ghost of Christmas Past

Post by Harvey »

Right, I can't even draw battleships or anything without this being the only type of comment I get. I give up.

Andreas the Wise

I think the problem here was that Fides' original picture was flawed, not that your drawing skills were flawed. I quite liked them. :)
Q - Director of SAMIN

Emir of Raspur

Post by Emir of Raspur »

Andreas the Wise wrote:I think the problem here was that Fides' original picture was flawed, not that your drawing skills were flawed. I quite liked them. :)
Nah - I think it was more the way this board is set up the whole image wasn't showing on the post. If Fides had, instead of babbling on insensibly about the ship being 'half-cloaked' used his mouse and right-clicked and selected view image he would have seen the whole picture. Saving a lot of pointless aggravation, and the loss of a good piece of work which I had commented on at the time.

Edit: Actually I can't figure out what Fides is on about - the design wasn't symmetrical to begin with so sticking two together would hardly have helped.

Demon of Fides

Post by Demon of Fides »

The point is, I cocked up initially because I couldn't find an good mirror tool for sketchup, so I posted only half a ship. When I eventually found one, I posted a few pictures of the completed ship, which are in the archives somewhere. I was trying, in my own ineffective way, to make light of my posting only half a ship. Harvey, you seem to have taken this as an insult, for which I apologise. I could not do what you do, and so I will never criticise you on that, but rather I will only try to satirise things I can do, such as 3d modelling. My comments were supposed to be a reflection on the model and the model only, so once more I apologise.

Harvey
Ghost of Christmas Past

Post by Harvey »

I understand. But, at the same time, I think the easiest solution to the problem is to cease creating situations that lead to thinks like this.

Andreas the Wise

Press Release: Project SQUID Complete
JASO Public Affairs
in consultation with

Project SQUID Complete

JASO is pleased to announce the successful completion of Project SQUID, a long awaited upgrade to Nelagan military capabilities based on new JASO designs. While full details of the completed units is Diamond III classification, we can confirm to our allies and anyone else reading that at least two further Man o Wars have been completed and placed in appropriate locations. While it is sad that the President is unable to be here with us to witness this day, we are sure that, wherever he is, he rests easier knowing that the people of Nelaga are safe.
Q - Director of SAMIN

Harvey
Ghost of Christmas Past

Post by Harvey »

Terra's Reach (foreground) and Tremblestar (background) Man-o'-War gravitronic dreadnoughts conduct joint exercises at dusk.

Thadeus Laing
Sea Elf, Sea Elf Run

Post by Thadeus Laing »

Imperial Air Force of Shireroth would like to purchase a grav ship from JASO.

Signed,

Giles Melang
Minister of Military Affairs, Shireroth
Supreme Commander of the Imperial Air Force of Shireroth

Kai Jackson

Post by Kai Jackson »

Stop bumping, you fuckass.

Andreas the Wise

While Nelaga does value our alliance with Shireroth, JASO is not willing to sell any Man-o'-War gravitonic dreadnaoghts to any foreign powers for security reasons.
Q - Director of SAMIN

Return to “JASO”