Kildari Independence Act of 5555 ASC

Moderator: (Shireroth) Praetor

Janus Eadric

Kildari Independence Act of 5555 ASC

Post by Janus Eadric »

His Lordship, the Count of Ransenar, for himself, and on behalf of His Niftiness the Kaiser, hereby submits the following -

A BILL
Recognizing and providing for the legal secession of the Dutchy of Kildare.

ARTICLE 1. - Name and Citation.
This Act shall be officially cited as the "Kildari Independence Act of 5555 ASC".

ARTICLE 2. - Amendment to the Lawbook.
Chapter 2, Section A of the Lawbook will be amended as follows, with the words that are stricken through removed from the Lawbook:
1. The Imperial States of Shireroth are Kingdom of Aryasht, the Democratic People's Republic of Elwynn, the Duchy of Goldshire, the Dutchy of Kildare, the Kingdom of Lichbrook and the Duchy of Yardistan.

2. In federal commonwealth legislation, the short names, nationality adjective of the Imperial States are:
Long name - short name - adjective
the Kingdom of Aryasht – Aryasht – Aryashti
the Democratic People's Republic of Elwynn - Elwynn - Elwynnese
the Duchy of Goldshire – Goldshire – Goldshirian
the Dutchy of Kildare – Kildare – Kildarian
the Kingdom of Lichbrook - Lichbrook - Lichbrookian
the Duchy of Yardistan - Yardistan - Yardistani

3. Should an Imperial State change its name, the head of State or zir accredited representative may inform the Prætor of such change, in which case the Prætor has the authority and duty to amend Section A, subsection 1 and 2 to reflect the changes of the Imperial State in question.
ARTICLE 3. - Recognition of Kildari Independence by the Imperial Republic of Shireroth.
a.) The Imperial Republic of Shireroth hereby recognizes the establishment of the Apollonian Republic of Shireroth's East as an independent, sovereign, self-governing Republic as declared in the Declaration of Independence issued by the Caudillo of Kildare and his Government.

Kaiser Redquill
Blessed by the Admigods

Re: Kildari Independence Act of 5555 ASC

Post by Kaiser Redquill »

The praetor is sick. The steward steps in, right?
Kaiser of the Imperial Republic of Shireroth
Duke of the Duchy of Goldshire
Count of the Suthergoldian Countship

"May Fortune Guide Thee On Whichever Path Is Chosen"
-Ryker J. Everstone

Janus Eadric

Post by Janus Eadric »

I was under the impression there was a Deputy Praetor somewhere, right?

Janus Eadric

Post by Janus Eadric »

OMG PLOT TWIST: It looks like I am the Deputy Praetor. I didn't even know...

Kaiser Redquill
Blessed by the Admigods

Debate the vote. You have to say it and for how long.

-Ryker J. Everstone

Vilhelm Benkern

Post by Vilhelm Benkern »

A new Praetor should be elected immediately, Kaiser to chair.

This is a legal bill; under the Charter, secession may be recognised by 3/4ths majority of the Landsraad, and the Kaiser's approval. However, I suspect no true and loyal Shirerithian will vote 'yes' to this measure, and certainly not three-quarters of us; and also that the Kildari who have seceded will not recognise this Landsraad and therefore will not come here to vote. Furthermore, I doubt the Kaiser will give his approval, making this bill moot. But as I say it is capable of consideration because the legal apparatus exists for such recognition of the independence.
Vilhelm Benkern DEOMI, Member of the Order of the Dragon, Silver Swan, Red Dragon
Dirigent of Musica, Count of Mar Sara
In Aryasht Prapta Vrteti, former Prince of Aryasht; Zaila Vrteti, Norfolknath
In Elwynn Benjamin Sebasokrator Timothy Quentin Kern, Duke of Raikoth
In Khalypsil Representative of the Wisdom

Trajan Myksos
Lord of the Fries

Post by Trajan Myksos »

*Walks in.*
Vilhelm Benkern wrote: This is a legal bill; under the Charter, secession may be recognised by 3/4ths majority of the Landsraad, and the Kaiser's approval. However, I suspect no true and loyal Shirerithian will vote 'yes' to this measure, and certainly not three-quarters of us; and also that the Kildari who have seceded will not recognise this Landsraad and therefore will not come here to vote. Furthermore, I doubt the Kaiser will give his approval, making this bill moot. But as I say it is capable of consideration because the legal apparatus exists for such recognition of the independence.
And then people are surprised why nobody from the A.R.S.E. even considered declaring independence this way? :lol:

*Walks out.*
Trajan Myksos
Mil of the VIIth Legion
Dant of the National Protection Army

Vilhelm Benkern

The Kaiser would give his approval, in my view, if Kildare represented itself as loyal to Shireroth but needing to break out a new path, and the rest of Shireroth approved. And similarly the people of Shireroth would not bind Kildare to them if there was a genuine view held by the vast majority of the population there wanted to be separated. I am not convinced this is the case. The path taken by the opportunistic revolutionaries in Kildare shows their nature.
Vilhelm Benkern DEOMI, Member of the Order of the Dragon, Silver Swan, Red Dragon

Janus Eadric

Post by Janus Eadric »

I have introduced this Bill with the Kaiser's blessing as a measure coming directly from His Niftiness' Government. The Kaiser's approval is implied, although I do recognize it is not that clear. I hope that His Niftiness will make his own statement corroborating my claim.

Vilhelm Benkern

His Imperial Niftiness has been short on public statements recently, I apologise if in assuming that the Kaiser would want the Imperial Republic to retain its integrity I misled any honourable Landsraadspersons.

Kaiser Redquill
Blessed by the Admigods

Have any of you any idea the lengths I've gone to try to prevent this? How many offers were turned down? How many times I said that they might be crossing the point of no return? I've done everything right and a little bit wrong to keep this place together. It is the people of this Imperial Republic whom I serve. If they wish to leave so badly as has been made clear to me, then let us vote.

-Ryker J. Everstone

Walter Grant

Post by Walter Grant »

Not all of Kildare is represented by the warlords and clique leaders you may be negotiating with, milord Kaiser.
W. Grant, Steward-Count of Hawshire-Dura, Alderman of the City of Hawshire
Played by Benkern.

Janus Eadric

Post by Janus Eadric »

Section 5. Voting.
(a) The Prætor shall open voting on any bill or resolution placed before the Landsraad no sooner than twenty-four hours after its original posting.
(b) If a bill or resolution is amended prior to a vote, the vote may be opened no sooner than twenty-four hours after the amendment is made. Each successive amendment shall extend the voting moratorium accordingly.
(c) Debate can continue during a vote, but no amendments may be made.
(d) The only acceptable votes are ones in favour (AYE/YEA/etc.), ones against (NAY/etc.), and ones abstaining (PRESENT/etc.)
(e) Voting shall last for no less than three days, and no more than seven days.
(f) The vote may be closed at the discretion of the Prætor.
Voting on this bill will open tomorrow Wednesday, October 22, 2014 at 1:22:00 PM (EST). Debate continues.

Vilhelm Benkern

I move that the start of the voting period is delayed until twenty-four hours after the Kaiser delivers an explanation of this, which is purported to be a government bill, to allow for due consideration and response to the rationale for this bill.

Trajan Myksos
Lord of the Fries

Post by Trajan Myksos »

Walter Grant wrote:Not all of Kildare is represented by the warlords and clique leaders you may be negotiating with, milord Kaiser.
But not all are worthy representing it either.

*Cough.*

*Looks to a certain Walter/Benkern.*
Trajan Myksos
Mil of the VIIth Legion

Janus Eadric

Post by Janus Eadric »

Vilhelm Benkern wrote:I move that the start of the voting period is delayed until twenty-four hours after the Kaiser delivers an explanation of this, which is purported to be a government bill, to allow for due consideration and response to the rationale for this bill.
Mi Lords and Ladies, there is a motion on the floor to delay voting 24 hours from the Kaiser's explanation and rationale behind this Bill. Are there any seconds?
Trajan Myksos wrote:
Walter Grant wrote:Not all of Kildare is represented by the warlords and clique leaders you may be negotiating with, milord Kaiser.
But not all are worthy representing it either.
Either you're part of Shireroth and therefore a member of the Landsraad, or you're on your own with the newly independent Kildare - take your pick. I won't allow you to participate unless you recognize you're still part of Shireroth and a member of this Landsraad both. Until then - use the Landsraad Front Gate to bitch/moan/comment.

Trajan Myksos
Lord of the Fries

Post by Trajan Myksos »

Janus Eadric wrote: Either you're part of Shireroth and therefore a member of the Landsraad, or you're on your own with the newly independent Kildare - take your pick. I won't allow you to participate unless you recognize you're still part of Shireroth and a member of this Landsraad both. Until then - use the Landsraad Front Gate to bitch/moan/comment.
So... you can throw me out for something you don't recognise yet? I personally have no problem using my entrance card to bitch/moan/comment for as long as you guys haven't filled in the paperwork, even while we're independent.

But I will happily be gone if you just put your rubber stamp on the approval file (as some seem to prefer paperwork above the facts). :wink:
Trajan Myksos
Mil of the VIIth Legion

Mira Raynora Major
Bathtub Philosopher

Post by Mira Raynora Major »

Vilhelm Benkern wrote:However, I suspect no true and loyal Shirerithian will vote 'yes' to this measure
I am afraid you suspect wrong.

I intend to vote in favour because I am convinced that the near-constant struggle to keep unwilling states like Kildare satisfied is fatally warping the fabric of Shireroth. We cannot rebuild any sort of coherent community ethos because the divergence in fundamental attitudes is simply too great.

I say these things after communication with my daughter, who was Kaiseress when Elwynn returned to the fold. She has asked me to tell you that the pride she once felt in presiding over this reunion has since grown muted, to the point where she has come to doubt whether the reintegration was truly beneficial for either party.

I do not wish to make idle threats at a delicate time, but I am compelled to say this: if Shireroth persists in bending over backwards to accommodate rogue states who show no inclination to function as part of our union, then we in Lichbrook will be forced to question our position within an Imperial Republic which seeks to appease secessionists while taking loyal states for granted.
Mira Raynora the Elder
Queen of Lichbrook, Duchess of Brookshire
Lichgravine of Overdolor, Countess of Caverden and Woodshire
Cedrist Demi-Goddess of Undead and Regional Autonomy

Janus Eadric

Post by Janus Eadric »

Trajan Myksos wrote:
Janus Eadric wrote: Either you're part of Shireroth and therefore a member of the Landsraad, or you're on your own with the newly independent Kildare - take your pick. I won't allow you to participate unless you recognize you're still part of Shireroth and a member of this Landsraad both. Until then - use the Landsraad Front Gate to bitch/moan/comment.
So... you can throw me out for something you don't recognise yet? I personally have no problem using my entrance card to bitch/moan/comment for as long as you guys haven't filled in the paperwork, even while we're independent.

But I will happily be gone if you just put your rubber stamp on the approval file (as some seem to prefer paperwork above the facts). :wink:
This is the paperwork. And as long as you consider yourself separate from Shireroth, then you have no business here in this chamber, period. Otherwise, if you want to continue to comment and participate, you have to recognize that Kildare's independence needs to go through the Landsraad first. When I'm Praetor, you can't have your cake and eat it too.

Guards are instructed to remove anyone from the floor who cannot legally participate here. Debate continues.

Stellus Yastreb
Looney Tune

Post by Stellus Yastreb »

While I admire the dedication of Milord Benkern to Shirerithian unity, I must agree with Her Royal Niftiness the Queen of Lichbrook when I say that the entrenchment of the ARSE regime in Kildare is now so absolute that it cannot be ignored as that land's de facto ruling power. Moreover, said regime has shown no sign of reneging on its decision to forsake His Niftiness' protection. It would thus be quite delusional to consider Kildare a part of Shireroth until the prevailing attitude within Kildare changes back in our favour. In my opinion a refusal of recognition would also present the image, across Micras, of a Shireroth that is arrogant and in denial.

Truly it is a regrettable state of affairs, but the facts stand as they do and they are all we have to work with.
Stellus Ryabinevich Dolorvenuk Yastreb
- Count of Lunaris in the Duchy of Goldshire
Head of the House of Yastreb, honoured throughout history as follows: Member of the Order of the Dragon, recipent of the Silver Swan Award (Imperial) recipent of the Order of the Silver Orchid (Elwynn) Knight Comrade of the Order of Mischievous Intent (Yardistan) Arx-Piscator of the Piscatores Alexandrii (Brookshire) Knight of the Nishan-i-Liaqat (Babkha), Paranoid Narcissist (everywhere)

Return to “Landsraad Archive”