[CAP] Greetings from Caputia

Moderators: Caputian Ambassador, (Shireroth) Court Historian, (Shireroth) Steward, (Shireroth) Kaiser, (Shireroth) MiniEx

Caputian Ambassador

[CAP] Greetings from Caputia

Post by Caputian Ambassador »

HER MAJESTY'S FOREIGN OFFICE
Zalae, Caputia

To:
Foreign Minister,
The Imperial Republic of Shireroth

Your Excellency, Greetings:

I have been recently appointed by Her Majesty, Queen Elizabeth I of Caputia, as Foreign Minister and Plenipotentiary Ambassador to the Micran Nations.

Her Majesty has expressed the incredible esteem and value that she places on the development of friendly relations with the Imperial Republic of Shireroth, especially after the assistance and support it gave to the Ravaillac Loyalists, the Hammish Republican Army and to the Neo Patrovan Militias during the terrible civil war that ravaged our country. The kindnesses and assistance extended by Shireroth to Caputia shall never be forgotten.

As such, I wish to announce that Her Majesty has taken special care of ensuring that I come here to seek the development of a close diplomatic relationship between Shireroth and Caputia. Her most sincere hope is for friendship and cooperation on all topics of mutual interest, within the neutrality policy proclaimed by Her Majesty earlier this year.

Exchanging of ambassadors will be the natural next step in the diplomatic process. I shall present my formal letters of credence very soon, as I will serve in the meantime as the Caputian ambassador to Shireroth until the diplomatic corps can settle into their jobs.

Respectfully,

George Blakeslee
Caputian Foreign Minister
George Blakeslee
Foreign Minister of the Kingdom of the Union of Caputia
Her Majesty's Plenipotentiary Ambassador to the Micran Nations
Caputia's Discord Server

Armin Jamal-Arminzadeh

Re: [CAP] Greetings from Caputia

Post by Armin Jamal-Arminzadeh »

Your Excellency

First of all, allow me to express my apologies for the lateness of my reply. The Imperial Government has had a small but not insignificant transfer of power from the outgoing Steward, Liv Dravot, The Imperial Mother, and the incoming Steward, Waldemar Zinkgraven van Zinkgraven. That said, I have now the great pleasure to convey to you the greetings of the Steward and the Imperial Government.

Further, if you would be so kind and extend to Her Majesty the Queen the warmest greetings from His Radiant Majesty the Kaiser, who took great pleasure in hearing Her Majesty’s incredible esteem. Following discussions with His Radiant Majesty, The Steward and the Imperial Ministers, it is clear that Shireroth wishes with a unanimous voice assist and support the Caputian restoration.

Shireroth has closely monitored the events in Caputia after the fall of the Hammish state. We take some solace that the assistance that Shireroth provided mitigated the awful loss of life, limb and property that the Caputian people have suffered.

The Kaiser wishes especially to convey to Her Majesty his humility in Her Majesty’s kind wishes. The Kaiser desires a close relationship with Her Majesty and Her Majesty’s realm. As such, the Imperial Government is pleased to confirm the Caputian government’s neutrality policy and the offer of exchange of ambassadors.

Further, the Kaiser’s government, being mindful of the situation that Caputia finds itself in, wishes to assist in such way as may be conducive for the common good in Caputia. The Imperial Government proposes therefore that it set up the Imperial Shirerithian Investment Bank in the Kingdom of the Union of Caputia. Funded by Shirerithian money, it would provide interest-free loans to private individuals, local governments and private enterprises so to assist in the economic reconstruction of Caputia. The Investment Bank would also be able to grant bursaries to local projects that are in the interest of Caputian restoration and the Shirerithian–Caputian friendship.

With the utmost of respect

Armin Jamal-Arminzadeh Suthergold
Minister of the Exterior
Armin Jamal-Arminzadeh
President of the Senate of the Elwynnese Republic

Caputian Ambassador

Your Excellency,

It is with great pleasure that I officially present Her Majesty's Letters Patent confirming my appointment as Her Foreign Minister and Ambassador Plenipotentiary to all Micran Nations.

The incoming Landry Government has within its core vision and purpose to rebuild the country, and believes that the proposed aid from Shireroth as Your Excellency has graciously proposed would be most welcome. What are the next steps to begin this process? Caputia's current laws are very lax and would permit this to be set up very quickly. Please let me know what the next steps will be and I will ensure that Caputia and its new Government will take action.

Yours,
George Blakeslee
Caputia's Discord Server

Juana Beazcoetxea

Post by Juana Beazcoetxea »

Your Excellency

On behalf of Our Lord the Radiant Sun – Kaiser Ayreon IV – and the Imperial Minister of the Exterior, being the Royal Iron Company in commission, I have the honour to present my compliments to you and the Caputian government.

The Shirerithian government recognizes of course your credences as they appear to be in a good form. Similarly, it is my part now to give you my credences so that we may continue the good parlance that the Minister’s predecessor, Lord Jamal-Arminzadeh, and you began.

Please find my credence here http://bastionunion.org/forum/viewtopic ... 82#p157182

It is the view of the Imperial Government that a treaty to fulfil the offer made by the previous administration would be the best for all parties involved. I shall aim to draft a treaty of the matter to present to you in private as a basis for further negotiations, if further negotiations are required.

Please be assured, Sir, of my highest consideration,
Juana Beazcoetxea, Lady Dragonmoor
Lady of Kinnladehügel–Gakkotsuzuka
Imperial Minister of the Exterior, Shireroth

Caputian Ambassador

Your Excellency,

Thank you for providing your letters of credence, it is an honor to work with you in the pursuit of good diplomatic relations between our countries. Please convey my deepest and sincerest thanks to your predecessor.

We look forward to continued discussion and to the treaty draft.

Yours,
George Blakeslee
Caputia's Discord Server

Juana Beazcoetxea

Your Excellency

Please extend to Her Majesty the Queen the Kaiser's congratulations on her securing the people's confidence in remaining Queen in the latest referendum. He was delighted and impressed with the turn-out and for the people of Caputia to have finally ratified a constitution.

The Shirerithian government sees the recent development in Caputia to be fruitful for the future stability of Caputia. Only through stability and peace will Caputia rise fully from the ashes of the war. Shireroth wants to be a close partner in supporting Caputia in this endeavour.

Although we are still working on a treaty draft, the Kaiser is very keen on keeping close relations with Her Majesty. Once he returns from his duties in Natopia, he wishes to invite Her Majesty the Queen on a state visit to Shirekeep.

I remain, etc.

Juana Beazcoetxea

Your Excellcency

Pursuant to the private negotiations, I have now signed our mutually agreed treaty in public. Once you sign it too, I will have it submitted to the Landsraad.

I have the honour to be, etc.

Beazcoetxea

Treaty of Friendship between the Imperial Republic of Shireroth and the Kingdom of the Union of Caputia.

Article 1

1. The Imperial Republic of Shireroth and the Kingdom of the Union of Caputia are joined in a relationship of true and genuine friendship.

2. Their relationship is based on the principles of respect of sovereignty, non-interference in the other’s internal affairs, respect for the rule of law, and for the fostering of a deeper friendship and trust between them.

Article 2

1. The Parties confirm that the Kingdom of the Union of Caputia is the sole legal successor state to Hamland.

2. The Treaty of the Seven Ports between the Imperial Republic of Shireroth and the Commonwealth of Hamland remains in force. In case of diverge between the former Treaty and the present Treaty, the present Treaty takes precedence and shall supersede any inconsistencies.

3. All property owned by the Hammish government or legal persons in Shireroth shall be transferred to their rightful owners, and the former Hammish embassy in Shirekeep shall be raised to embassy of Caputia, with all the rights and privileges thereto belonging.

4. All property owned by the Shirerithian government and legal persons in Hamland before the Hammish war shall be restored to their rightful owners. The Caputian government shall furnish the Shirerithian government with an embassy in Zalae, with all the rights and privileges thereto belonging.

Article 3

The Parties recognise that their maritime borders, sovereignty, etc., shall fully align with the Convention of the Micras Treaty Organisation on the Laws of the Seas.

Article 4

1. The Imperial Investment Bank in Caputia (IIBC), headquartered in Zalae, shall be registered by the authorities in Caputia as a banking company in the full ownership of the Shirerithian government.

2. The IIBC shall be funded by Shirerithian money on an annual basis and shall provide interest-free loans to private individuals, local governments and private enterprises so to assist in the economic reconstruction of Caputia. The IIBC shall also be able to grant bursaries to local projects that are in the interest of Caputian restoration and the Shirerithian–Caputian friendship. The Caputian government shall afford the IIBC the legal protections necessary for it to perform its duties under the present Treaty. This means that it shall be exempt from laws of competition, tariffs on imports and exports of services, money and goods, migration for its workers, public procurement, and similar matters.

3. The mandate of the IIBC is ten Norton years, whereafter a majority of its shares shall be privatized, and the bank shall change its name, and continue to operate as a private banking entity in Caputia under the normal rules of Caputian law.

Article 5

1. All disputes under this Treaty shall be tried in the Tribunal for the Treaty of Friendship between the Imperial Republic of Shireroth and the Union of the Kingdom of Caputia, which is hereby established. A decision by the Tribunal is fully binding on the parties to the case.

2. The Tribunal shall consist of three judges, one appointed by each government, and one to be appointed by the two governments together. If the two parties cannot agree on a third judge, the Natopian government shall appoint the third judge.

3. The Tribunal shall be headquartered in Shirekeep, but may meet elsewhere in Caputia or in Shireroth as may be necessary or prudent under the circumstances facing it.

4. The Tribunal shall be funded as follows: The budget shall be decided by the Tribunal. The IIBC shall contribute to 2/5 of the budget, the Shirerithian government to 1/5 of the budget, and the Caputian government to 2/5 of the budget.

Article 6

This treaty shall be ratified by the Parties and shall enter force immediately upon the exchange of instruments of ratification, which shall occur in Shirekeep as soon as possible.

In witness whereof, duly authorized agents of the Parties have signed.

Done at Shireeep, 19.III.1655.

FOR THE IMPERIAL REPUBLIC OF SHIREROTH:

Juana Beazcoetxea

FOR THE KINGDOM OF THE UNION OF CAPUTIA:

Caputian Ambassador

Your Excellency,

This is indeed an excellent draft and a great foundation for the future.

I have presented the current draft to Her Majesty and to the Prime Minister, and I advised them both to sign the Treaty.

I present to you the signed Treaty for your consideration. This Treaty will be submitted to the Parliament of Caputia for ratification as soon as it is opened:
Treaty of Friendship between the Imperial Republic of Shireroth and the Kingdom of the Union of Caputia.

Article 1

1. The Imperial Republic of Shireroth and the Kingdom of the Union of Caputia are joined in a relationship of true and genuine friendship.

2. Their relationship is based on the principles of respect of sovereignty, non-interference in the other’s internal affairs, respect for the rule of law, and for the fostering of a deeper friendship and trust between them.

Article 2

1. The Parties confirm that the Kingdom of the Union of Caputia is the sole legal successor state to Hamland.

2. The Treaty of the Seven Ports between the Imperial Republic of Shireroth and the Commonwealth of Hamland remains in force. In case of diverge between the former Treaty and the present Treaty, the present Treaty takes precedence and shall supersede any inconsistencies.

3. All property owned by the Hammish government or legal persons in Shireroth shall be transferred to their rightful owners, and the former Hammish embassy in Shirekeep shall be raised to embassy of Caputia, with all the rights and privileges thereto belonging.

4. All property owned by the Shirerithian government and legal persons in Hamland before the Hammish war shall be restored to their rightful owners. The Caputian government shall furnish the Shirerithian government with an embassy in Zalae, with all the rights and privileges thereto belonging.

Article 3

The Parties recognise that their maritime borders, sovereignty, etc., shall fully align with the Convention of the Micras Treaty Organisation on the Laws of the Seas.

Article 4

1. The Imperial Investment Bank in Caputia (IIBC), headquartered in Zalae, shall be registered by the authorities in Caputia as a banking company in the full ownership of the Shirerithian government.

2. The IIBC shall be funded by Shirerithian money on an annual basis and shall provide interest-free loans to private individuals, local governments and private enterprises so to assist in the economic reconstruction of Caputia. The IIBC shall also be able to grant bursaries to local projects that are in the interest of Caputian restoration and the Shirerithian–Caputian friendship. The Caputian government shall afford the IIBC the legal protections necessary for it to perform its duties under the present Treaty. This means that it shall be exempt from laws of competition, tariffs on imports and exports of services, money and goods, migration for its workers, public procurement, and similar matters.

3. The mandate of the IIBC is ten Norton years, whereafter a majority of its shares shall be privatized, and the bank shall change its name, and continue to operate as a private banking entity in Caputia under the normal rules of Caputian law.

Article 5

1. All disputes under this Treaty shall be tried in the Tribunal for the Treaty of Friendship between the Imperial Republic of Shireroth and the Union of the Kingdom of Caputia, which is hereby established. A decision by the Tribunal is fully binding on the parties to the case.

2. The Tribunal shall consist of three judges, one appointed by each government, and one to be appointed by the two governments together. If the two parties cannot agree on a third judge, the Natopian government shall appoint the third judge.

3. The Tribunal shall be headquartered in Shirekeep, but may meet elsewhere in Caputia or in Shireroth as may be necessary or prudent under the circumstances facing it.

4. The Tribunal shall be funded as follows: The budget shall be decided by the Tribunal. The IIBC shall contribute to 2/5 of the budget, the Shirerithian government to 1/5 of the budget, and the Caputian government to 2/5 of the budget.

Article 6

This treaty shall be ratified by the Parties and shall enter force immediately upon the exchange of instruments of ratification, which shall occur in Shirekeep as soon as possible.

In witness whereof, duly authorized agents of the Parties have signed.

Done at Shireeep, 19.III.1655.

FOR THE IMPERIAL REPUBLIC OF SHIREROTH:

Juana Beazcoetxea

FOR THE KINGDOM OF THE UNION OF CAPUTIA:

Image Image
George Blakeslee
Caputia's Discord Server

Juana Beazcoetxea

Your Excellency

It brings me much pleasure to inform Her Majesty's government that the Imperial Republic of Shireroth has duly ratified the treaty between it and the Kingdom of the Union of Caputia.

I have the honour to remain, etc.

Caputian Ambassador

Your Excellency,

It is with great pleasure that I communicate that the Caputian Parliament has unanimously ratified the Treaty of Friendship between our nations.

With the ratification of the Treaty, the next step to follow would be to proceed with registration of the Imperial Investment Bank in Caputia (IIBC) as a business in Caputia and Shireroth immediately. I can see that the IIBC has already received its UTIC number already, which is a good step forward.

With the terrible War of the Lost Brothers reaching near its end, our government believes that there are ample opportunities for trade and commerce between our nations that far outnumber the already well-established commerce between our countries. We have noticed that the Regent, the Count of Elsyran, is constructing a new capital city for his county and is likely to be in need of quality Caputian marble products. We also notice major projects in Shirekeep and we'd like to explore opportunities in that front for the use of high-quality Caputian marble for those projects as well.

In the meantime, we also request assistance in locating a property for the Caputian Embassy in Shirekeep at your earliest convenience.

I would also like to point out to His Excellency that the Caputian Parliament will conclude a vote on a resolution to extend an invitation to His Most Gracious Imperial Majesty, the Kaiser, to visit Zalae and speak to the Caputian Parliament. The vote is set to conclude later today, with unanimous support - a reflection of the esteem and value that this relationship between our nations has among the Caputian people.

I remain available for any questions or concerns.

Yours truly,
George Blakeslee
Caputia's Discord Server

Juana Beazcoetxea

Your Excellency

With joy, we receive in the name of the Kaiser, the news you convey as well as the invitation to him to go to Caputia on a state visit and address the parliament. The proposed state visit would be an excellent opportunity for our governments to discussing matters of trade to make a more lasting trade agreement between our countries.

Caputian Ambassador

HER MAJESTY'S FOREIGN OFFICE
Zalae, Caputia

To:
Foreign Minister,
The Imperial Republic of Shireroth

Your Excellency, Greetings:

I have been tasked by the Caputian Parliament to submit for your consideration and that of Zir Magnificus, the Kaiser of Shireroth, the following resolution from the Caputian Parliament, giving their most sincere thanks to the Kaiser for visiting Caputia and addressing Parliament.

Her Majesty continues to express her high esteem towards the Imperial Republic of Shireroth and towards the Kaiser as well. It is the wish of Her Majesty that there is a continued development of a close diplomatic relationship between Shireroth and Caputia.

Please find the text of the Resolution, approved by the Caputian Parliament, below.

Respectfully,

George Blakeslee
Caputian Foreign Minister
A RESOLUTION expressing the Gratitude of Parliament to Zir Magnificus, the Kaiser of Shireroth, for His Most Gracious Address to Parliament

WHEREAS Zir Magnificus, the Kaiser of Shireroth, gave a Most Gracious Address to Parliament;

WHEREAS, in his speech, Zir Magnificus, the Kaiser of Shireroth expressed several kind remarks and observations about the Kingdom of the Union of Caputia;

WHEREAS, in the speech, Zir Magnificus, the Kaiser of Shireroth expressed a great affinity of our Kingdom and the Parliament of the Kingdom of the Union of Caputia;

WHEREAS, the relationship between the Kingdom of the Union of Caputia and the Imperial Republic of Shireroth has been strong and deepened by the close ties between Her Royal Majesty, Queen Elizabeth I and Zir Magnificus, Ayreon IV, the Kaiser of Shireroth;

Now therefore, be it RESOLVED, that this Parliament:

1. Expresses it sincere gratitude to Zir Magnificus, Ayreon IV, the Kaiser of Shireroth for His Most Gracious Address to Parliament and fully associates itself with the Kaiser's remarks.

2. Expresses its admiration to Zir Magnificus, Ayreon IV, the Kaiser of Shireroth and to the citizens of the Imperial Republic of Shireroth;

3. Expresses its satisfaction at the good relations between our two Sovereigns and expresses its desire for these good relations to continue and deepen in years to come.

4. Directs the Foreign Minister to personally apprise Zir Magnificus of this sentiment of the Parliament accordingly.
George Blakeslee
Caputia's Discord Server

Juana Beazcoetxea

Your Excellency

I am in receipt of your letter, which has brought so much joy and comfort to our Lord the Radiant Sun. He has written to me to send to the Caputian parliament all his love, devotion and admiration. He is moved and touched by this resolution, and he fondly remembers the warm welcome he received there.

The Imperial Government, too, is grateful for this action. It is a testament to the strong and happy relationship that our countries have. It is, I dare say, the strongest friendly non-allied relationship in all of Micras, and I am proud that our countries have managed to build this up from the rubbles of the Hammish civil war.

Together, we make great things happen.

I have the honour to remain, Sir, your humble servant,

Dragonmoor

Return to “Embassy of Caputia”