To the Lord Warden: An arrest warrant for M. N. Nur Pinito

Handles the census, and migration to, from and within Shireroth; apply for citizenship here

Moderators: (Shireroth) Court Historian, (Shireroth) Steward, (Shireroth) Kaiser, (Shireroth) MiniInt

Heath Belledin

To the Lord Warden: An arrest warrant for M. N. Nur Pinito

Post by Heath Belledin »

Dr. Heath J. Belledin
Played by Hālian

Malliki Nakita Nur Pinito

Re: To the Lord Warden: An arrest warrant for M. N. Nur Pini

Post by Malliki Nakita Nur Pinito »

My dear Dr Belledin,

I am currently writing to you from a prison cell in Dolorous where officials have charged me with sabotage. They say that I will face a court tomorrow that will find me guilty, whereafter I will be castrated (because I have apparently been acting like a Froyalaner) and then sent to the mines.

I must protest the reasons for my arrest and the fait accompli trial.

I submit this letter as an affidavit, candidly and without malice. After all, I have nothing to lose (except my balls, I suppose).

These are the facts:

I have been unable to enter Talenore since early last year when Mahmood Sadri's WTF gang managed to take over all Talcorp offices and expel the Shirerithian military and legal presence on the island. Talenore has since Sadri's takeover been a Shirerithian protectorate in name only. I have attempted to get reinforcement so to retake the island, but at every instant I have been rebuffed by lower ranked MoMA officials (I never seem able to catch the attention of the higher cadres), saying the forces are more urgently needed to deal with the defroyalanization of Benacia.

That I am being arrested for the incompetence of the Ministry of Military Affairs is however not surprising. One must be a scapegoat, and if you, Dr Belledin, wants my balls off, my balls will be off. We all know that what is demanded by Our Lord the Radiant Sun is always, somehow, seen to be truth in the courts of law, and I cannot under any circumstances dispute that right, lest I will find myself facing charges of treason.

But please, Dr Belledin, couldn't the Ministry of the Interior simply asked to see me for a clarification rather than arresting me in the middle of the night? I was in my nightgown and I still haven't got any clothes.

My manhood is in your hands, Doctor.

Death spare the Kaiser!

Myn.
Malliki Nakita Nur Pinito, Viscount Myn
Former President of the State of Talenore

Continuator
"The devil in the details"

Post by Continuator »

Dr Belledin,

While the defendant's manhood certainly rests in the careful hands of the Dolorous Magistrate, I would expect that the trial of a citizen for capital offences would take place before the Judex. Please convey to the relevant local authorities that they will only be harming their own prospects if I learn that Lord Myn has subsequently been executed.

/Liv.

My dear Dr Belledin,

I have now been here in the jail for almost two months. But it's not all bad, my trial has been postponed according to my jailers (I assume so I can be transferred to Shirekeep), and that means my manhood remains intact. On cold, lonely nights in my cell, that is at least one comfort I take pleasure in.

My captors are difficult. They don't have much to say to me about my case. There are some rumours that treason will be added, but I haven't received any confirmation of the same.

Please, Dr Belledin, can you arrange for my trial to start so that I may defend myself?

Death spare the Kaiser!

Myn.

On the morning of the 14th day of Vixaslaa, in the year 1653, Lord Myn was taken to the local tribunal. Although nervous, Malliki expected that it was a normal hearing for his transfer to Shirekeep (perhaps Belledin had actually done something for him!). Little did he know what came.

The hearing was quick. It began with the instructing judge, Axwemghwet Scholex'w, a Laqi gentleman with a stern face, reading up the charges.

"Malliki Nakita Nur Pinito, Viscount Myn, aged 56, you have been charged with willingly and knowingly acting with sedition and treason for having abandoned your imperial post, failing to uphold the lawful orders of Our Lord the Radiant Sun, plunged Talenore into a revolution which you did not fight back. It is clear, without any doubt, that you are guilty of both crimes and deserve the worst fate possible."

Malliki couldn't really process what was said. He fully understand it, but his failing remained the same.

"The punishment is death. Have you a statement to make?"

Malliki couldn't say anything. His mind went blank. He was physically unable to make any sounds with his mouth. After a few moments, he managed to shake his head.

"Very well, Lord Myn. The punishment will be executed immediately. Guard?"

And by that, the guard took up his gun and shut Malliki in the head. Malliki fell down with his brains all over the floor.

"Thank you, guard," said Axwemghwet Scholex'w. "You've done me a great favour. Bloody imperials think they can take my prisoners away from me. Would you mind cleaning up?"

Return to “Office of Citizenship and Nobility”