A Proposal

Handles the census, and migration to, from and within Shireroth; apply for citizenship here

Moderators: (Shireroth) Court Historian, (Shireroth) Steward, (Shireroth) Kaiser, (Shireroth) MiniInt

sick39ed
#abstain

A Proposal

Post by sick39ed »

Agreement for the Early Termination of the Treaty of Friendship and Association between the Imperial Republic of Shireroth and the Florian Republic

Whereas the Government of the Florian Republic informed the Government of the Imperial Republic on 21 Filadinu 1654 that it, acting under Article 3.2 of the Treaty of Friendship and Association between the Imperial Republic of Shireroth and the Florian Republic (“the Treaty”) of the intention of the Government of the Florian Republic to withdraw from the Treaty, in accordance with the provisions of the Treaty, and whereas the Imperial Republic, through Imperial Decrees 984 and 987 took the necessary steps to implement the wishes of the Government of the Imperial Republic;

And whereas the Florian Republic expresses its greatest gratitude for the Shirerithian protection and assistance during the awful troubling times that have caused the people of the Florian Republic much hardship – hardship that was exceedingly mitigated by the Shirerithian protection and assistance;

And whereas the government of the Florian Republic has informed the government of the Imperial Republic that it desires to bring the implementation of the Treaty to an early end, and whereas the Imperial Government has strongly advised the Florian Republic that such decision will be detrimental to the safety and wellbeing of the Florian Republic, but whereas the government of the Florian Republic nonetheless wishes to end the Treaty’s implementation with immediate effect, cognizant of the effects that this will have on the Florian People, but insisting it is acting on a so-called democratic mandate of the Florian Parliament, and the Government of the Imperial Republic honouring the wishes of the Florian Parliament,

The Imperial Republic of Shireroth and the Florian Republic do therefore mutually agree on the following actions:

1. The Treaty of Friendship and Association between the Imperial Republic of Shireroth and the Florian Republic is without effect.

2. The Imperial Government shall repeal Imperial Decrees 984 and 987.

3. Disputes that arise under this Agreement shall be addressed to the Imperial Judex, which may, if there is a gross violation of this Agreement force upon the Parties the restoration of the Treaty of Friendship and Association between the Imperial Republic of Shireroth and the Florian Republic until such time that both Parties, as well as the Judex, are satisfied that the Treaty ought to come to an end.

This agreement will in its entirety enter force upon the signature of authorized agents of both Governments.

Done at Shirekeep [date].

Signed:
"My name's Jeff"

Continuator
"The devil in the details"

Re: A Proposal

Post by Continuator »

Without appropriate reparations, in the form of the formal surrender of the Florian fleet into Imperial possession, this proposal cannot be carried any further. You propose to compensate the Jing for their inconvenience, caused by the shenanigans of the Florian Republic, and you will need to do likewise for us.

Anticipating a disagreement on this point, I propose that we invite the referee of the present conflict, the Yastreb, to arbitrate an appropriate settlement for ending the Florian Campaign.

sick39ed
#abstain

Post by sick39ed »

I have been notified that Jingdao only wants our navy.
We would be happy to surrender our other armed forces to the Imperial Republic.
"My name's Jeff"

Kaiser Ayreon IV
AHS (Ayreonist Horror Story)

Post by Kaiser Ayreon IV »

Don't go :(
Ayreon IV
Former Kaiser of Shireroth (now dead)
RIC

sick39ed
#abstain

Post by sick39ed »

Mr Kaiser. Our citizens and government no longer want to be dictated by this treaty. If the treaty was altered to suit our needs we would have stayed. But the violence caused by your country in Blyth has no choice but to withdraw from the treaty.
"My name's Jeff"

Kaiser Ayreon IV
AHS (Ayreonist Horror Story)

Post by Kaiser Ayreon IV »

I'm sad :(
Ayreon IV
Former Kaiser of Shireroth (now dead)
RIC

Kalgachi Envoy

Post by Kalgachi Envoy »

The Tarjeisson Trust wrote:I propose that we invite the referee of the present conflict, the Yastreb, to arbitrate an appropriate settlement for ending the Florian Campaign.
The House of Yastreb, having the apparent ear of the Kalgachi government and an impression that singing and dancing like a clockwork fairground attraction forms an integral part of my diplomatic brief, has duly dropped an extra Kalgarrand in the proverbial coin slot and charged me with undertaking said arbitration on its behalf.

Notwithstanding the crescendo of inspired angst from His Imperial Magnificence the Kaiser which is a credit to the memory of his similarly sentimental ancestors, the first priority would be to hear the opinion of the Imperial Government of Shireroth regarding President Smith's offer to hand over the Florian Republic's non-naval armed forces.
Mothbert D. Twiddle
Chief Emissary of the Garden of Kalgachia to the Tumultuous Wastes
( Krasniy )

Continuator

Post by Continuator »

We will consult upon the matter and advise shortly.

Kalgachi Envoy

Post by Kalgachi Envoy »

Alas, it would appear the previous undertaking of the Florian Republic to enter into a negotiated settlement was dependent on a bout of amnesia suffered by President Smith regarding the recent rather spectacular destruction of the Florian fleet flagship by a salvo of cruise missiles in the middle of its home port. Sometimes one forgets these little things. At any rate, the diplomatic corps of Passio-Corum have corrected this lapse of memory, in addition to offering a vexatious legal conundrum, and the Florian position has subsequently been adjusted to one of no negotiation.

This would usually preclude any role by myself but in the case of the Florian President, it is not outside the bounds of possibility that the fog of amnesia may once again fill her tunefully-resonant cranial cavity and bring her back to the negotiating table - notwitstanding further interventions by Passio-Corum which appears to have a shorter proximity to the Florian ear and may ultimately serve in a more effective intermediary capacity than I. Failing this, my services remain available.
Mothbert D. Twiddle
Chief Emissary of the Garden of Kalgachia to the Tumultuous Wastes
( Krasniy )

Continuator

Post by Continuator »

Understood. We are however of the opinion that Pallisican Traders are - possibly extraterrestrial - enemies of the established social order and must be shot on sight rather than engaged with as interlocutors. :twisted:

Return to “Office of Citizenship and Nobility”