[Somewhere] The Tomb of Nathan

The global seat of the Dozan Bovic Church. A protected sovereign nation.

Moderators: (Natopia) Emperor, (Natopia) Chancellor, (Natopia) Pentheros

Aldin

[Somewhere] The Tomb of Nathan

Post by Aldin »

Aldin was preparing for the Bovic baptism of Nathan II, the boy would turn 8 in only a few months and would become able to rule on his own. This was the age of accountability, the age at which Bous imbues a person with the ability to choose between right and wrong, the ability to recognize good and evil, and the capacity to make choices and understand their repercussions.

The Pentheros would conduct the baptism of Nathan, but he wanted to make sure Nathan's baptism, which would be a major public event, would secure the boy as a worthy and unavoidable heir to the Caprine Throne. That is why he was somewhere on Hergon Island, the sparsely populated western island of the two Athlon islands. It's southern reaches were among the most remote areas in Natopia, excluding Leng or Elijah's Rest perhaps, and it was here that it was rumored where the remains of Nathan the Once-Living God were interred. Of course, this rumor was encouraged and dismissed by the Church, to both keep the hope alive that some aspect of Nathan remained on this planet, but also to discourage tomb raiders and relic hunters from looking.

The Tomb was maintained by the Blessed Ones, a secretive organization who have influenced past events. They were the guardians of Nathan's remains.

Aldin entered their chamber, they bowed to him, for despite their clandestine powers, they were nevertheless subordinate to the Pentheros, at least formally. "O Blessed Ones, I come to you, on this most hallowed ground, to make an important request in my preparations for the Baptism of Nathan II."

"Speak your request, Your Holiness."

Aldin cleared his throat, "In the name of the Church, in the name of Bous whom I speak with directly, of which a fourth of that being is Nathan the Once-Living God, I request that you release to me the remains of Nathan, to be used as the sacramental butter in Nathan II's baptism."

A Blessed One nodded, "As you say, you speak for Bous, and Nathan is within Bous, so you speak for Nathan too. We guard his remains, but we do not own them. In the god's own words, he requests his remains to be taken away from this Tomb. We comply."

Aldin nodded, "May Bous four-square bless you!" as a Blessed One beckoned him to follow him.

They walked to a shrine, a golden statue of Nathan, with many offerings of butter at its feet. The Blessed One began to reach for one of the many vessels filled with melted butter, then stopped, and looked at Aldin, "Only the holiest may hold our god. You will pick the vessel that contains Nathan."

Aldin raised an eyebrow, "Where is that written? How often has Butter Cow or Bull allowed his butter to be ingested by common people... even non-Bovics? Do not test me. Do not doubt my communion with Bous."

"No offense intended Your Holiness. It is that one," the Blessed One pointed to a box, made of silver and adorned with emeralds.

Aldin picked it up, and opened it. It was full of about a cup of melted butter, a few carpet fibers could be seen floating in it too, "This is ... Nathan."

The Blessed One nodded, "When he melted he almost completely got absorbed into the plush carpet in his room at Vista de Nada... this was everything that was able to be, um, vacuumed out."

Aldin nodded, "I'll have it strained, to remove the fibers, and then chilled and formed into a traditional stick. Nathan II will be baptized by submersion in milk, and then for his first communion, he will ingest this butter."
His Eminence, Aldin Ayreon-Kalirion
Metrobosarch of the Eparchy of Smjorkyr,
Marquess of Sentratera

Return to “Pentheral State of Athlon”